It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange coincidence in the night sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hello Everyone:
Been awhile since I've posted but I continue to follow ATS on just about a daily basis. I just wanted to mention something I witnessed a little while ago (woulda been around 4:30ish AM CST.) I live about 20-30 minutes from Huntsville, AL which is home to the "Redstone Arsenal", "Marshall Space Flight Center", and the "Space and Rocket Center" including the infamous Space Camp. Awwww, I'm dragging this out so let's get to the point.

I woke up, decided to go outside and have a smoke, and hopefully be ready to crash again. As I was killing time I was also checking out the sky. I noticed a star sitting still start to slowly move to the right about one inch from my vantage point and then just "blink out." As I was looking to locate it again, a shooting star shot across the sky exactly where the "slowly moving star" was. (Time difference of star blinking out and shooting star appearing to cross the other one's path was only about a second. Keep in mind I have no way of verifying the coordinants of either "star." But it sure did remind me of the infamous space shuttle video where a similar situation occurred.)

Anyway, I'm just telling you what I saw. I'm not making any kind of claims, period. It was probably a strong gust of swamp gas making the star move, so please keep any negativity to yourselves.Out of curiosity, has anyone else out there witnessed anything similar to this?

Respectfully,
CBS01

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

Was this tonight?
I posted a thread about 90 minuets ago about something quite similar! Could just be a coincidence but quite odd all the same!

Do you see much of that kind of activity in your area?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yes, actually. While watching a meteor shower which wasn't showing me all that much (maybe 1 every 10 minutes.) It seemed like how many of them started. I'd notice a very small movement in some area which seemed very much like it was a star moving very slowly. Then, it would appear to wink out for a split second, and then I would see the meteor.

I'd say this is a normal meteor phenomenon. If I had to guess, maybe something to do with coming in at a steep angle, hitting some layer of thicker/thinner atmosphere, getting deflected by thicker atmosphere and burning up. We're not used to seeing celestial phenomena happening with our naked eye, seeing objects go from vacuum to atmosphere and get really hot. I think it's totally normal though.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
No, actually this the first time I've seen anything like this. I try to do some "sky watching" whenever I can but unfortunately my wife thinks it's stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

top topics

join