It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are christians accepted?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You wrote:

["A sin is a sin, we're all sinners."]

You can speak only for yourself. Repetitive preaching and imposition of your religious fantasies don't turn them into 'truths'.

It's no wonder questions like "why are christians accepted?" sometimes are voiced, when such invasive attitudes as yours manifest.

And it's a darned shame, because all christians are not like you. You just give them a bad name.

Quote: ["I'm more than likely the greatest sinner in these forums, you'd gasp if I told you the things I have done."]

I'm not the least interested in your self-confessional 'spiritual' flagellantism. It's all done on and from your own premises, which have no meaning for anyone except you and a few likeminded.

Quote: [""Homophobia"? Not sure what you mean, I'm not terrified of homosexuals."]

Playing semantic games again?

Quote: ["Christ said that would happen, no new news there."]

So arrange YOUR life according to this. The rest of us arrange OUR lives (inside non-theocratic secular democracy).

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

The "kickoff" in the semantic game was using "homophobia" as a derogatory term to mock people who disagree with the practice. That's where the semantic game began.

"Phobia" has a definition. Hint, it doesn't mean "against".

You're smart enough to figure this out.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by bogomil

The "kickoff" in the semantic game was using "homophobia" as a derogatory term to mock people who disagree with the practice. That's where the semantic game began.

"Phobia" has a definition. Hint, it doesn't mean "against".

You're smart enough to figure this out.

As I said: A semantic game. 'Phobia' have several definitions, not all of them fitting with your schemes.

I wonder, why you use so much time on these meaningless distractions? Do you really believe, that it will make christians 'accepted' if you waste my and the reader's time on qubbling about, that you and I don't read the same dictionaries?

And all this dodging to cover up (sometimes also sugar-coating) the various forms of intolerance, which have made 'acceptance' of christians questionable. You are only fooling yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

As I said: A semantic game. 'Phobia' have several definitions, not all of them fitting with your schemes.

I'm REFUSING to play a semantics game with the word in the case of it's derogatory connotation. There is no fear of homosexuals.

I wonder, why you use so much time on these meaningless distractions? Do you really believe, that it will make christians 'accepted' if you waste my and the reader's time on qubbling about, that you and I don't read the same dictionaries?

Accepted? No, not at all, Jesus said the world would hate us, not accept us. I don't marvel that the world hates me, it hated Him first. Secondly, it's not any Christian's duty to get people to accept Christ.

And all this dodging to cover up (sometimes also sugar-coating) the various forms of intolerance, which have made 'acceptance' of christians questionable. You are only fooling yourself.

"Intolerance"? I've stated ad nauseum that all sins are equal in God's eyes. You continue to bring up homosexuality to me when i repeatedly say it's not any more grievous than any other sin that we're all guilty of. We all need His shed blood to cover our sins. And I'll go first, my sins are tremendous.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
who said they are accepted? Usually the very first responces to any topic dealing with christianity or the like are usually heckled right from the start. For every openminded discussion relating to this topic, are ten more saying how idiotic religion is, there is no god, and so forth. It's a trolls paradise! Here I was thinking this was a place for open minded induviduals to be able to constructively discuss or argue every welcome and unwelcome side. Alas... It isnt so

I have noticed that too...
Vicky

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by theRhenn
who said they are accepted? Usually the very first responces to any topic dealing with christianity or the like are usually heckled right from the start. For every openminded discussion relating to this topic, are ten more saying how idiotic religion is, there is no god, and so forth. It's a trolls paradise! Here I was thinking this was a place for open minded induviduals to be able to constructively discuss or argue every welcome and unwelcome side. Alas... It isnt so

I have noticed that too...
Vicky

I think the OP meant to ask: "Why is Christianity permitted?"

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You wrote:

[""Intolerance"? I've stated ad nauseum that all sins are equal in God's eyes. You continue to bring up homosexuality to me when i repeatedly say it's not any more grievous than any other sin that we're all guilty of. We all need His shed blood to cover our sins. And I'll go first, my sins are tremendous."]

Circle-argumentation starting from your premises.

We are not all guilty of sin. This is your invasive fantasy. And it's completely besides the point, whether the alleged concept 'sin' have grades of grievousness or not.

You have introduced an 'absolute' ......sin. Present a method to validate your claim.
'

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I'm not going to 'validate' anything to you.

Seems you're still holding that hoop up.

I don't have to validate MY worldview to you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I'm not going to 'validate' anything to you.

Seems you're still holding that hoop up.

I don't have to validate MY worldview to you.

This is the difference between our worldviews. You preach your invasive and intolerant message, which you don't feel need validation.

I try to validate to the best of my ability, because that's how mankind can arrive to consensus conclusions. REAL knowledge being understood by all implied.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

You preach your invasive and intolerant message

It's a Religion, Faith, and Theology forum!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

You preach your invasive and intolerant message

It's a Religion, Faith, and Theology forum!

And so? ...Religion and faith can contain invasion and intolerance. (It's hardly theology discussed on this thread).

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

And so? ...Religion and faith can contain invasion and intolerance.

Apparently that isn't exclusive the Theists on these boards! I'm here because I enjoy discussing my faith and Theology and battling the ideology of religious legalistic Christianity. I'm not going to apologize for sharing my beliefs on these topics. And I'm not going to curtail my posts to meet your demands. I've told you this numerous times so why do you continue to troll?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

And so? ...Religion and faith can contain invasion and intolerance.

Apparently that isn't exclusive the Theists on these boards! I'm here because I enjoy discussing my faith and Theology and battling the ideology of religious legalistic Christianity. I'm not going to apologize for sharing my beliefs on these topics. And I'm not going to curtail my posts to meet your demands. I've told you this numerous times so why do you continue to troll?

You typically use the euphemism 'sharing' for what non-theists call pushy preaching.

You and your ilk on ATS are overdoing the word 'trolling'. For you it has become a synonym for opposition, and has become a part of the distraction maneuvers with an increasing amount of 'character profiling' and correspondingly less factual post content.

If you call this 'debating', feel free. As I see it, you're just trying to intimidate oppostion with character defamations, so you can preach unhindered.
edit on 22-6-2011 by bogomil because: verb changed to correct grammar

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This thread boils down to: "Christians are so intolerant. We shouldn't tolerate them.":

Hmmm... perhaps I am mistaken, but I sense a logical dysfunction of some sort here...

Don't worry, Christians have come through much worse and far more uncertain times over the last few millenia. Compared to Nero's lions, a little pigfighting on the internet is hardly something to get worked up about.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

If you call this 'debating', feel free. As I see it, you're just trying to intimidate oppostion with character defamations, so you can preach unhindered.

OR some of us desire a place where we can delve into the deeper issues of faith and Theology. Have you considered that possibility? I personally don't feel much, if anything, gets accomplished arguing with non-Theists. Apparently some members still don't care what the forum moderator said in the OP of the stickied thread "ALL MEMBERS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying on Topic".

(Kinda defines what "trolling" is here in the R,F&T forum)

Nooooo, no one could possibly be here to sharpen their iron with another Christian.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

OR some of us desire a place where we can delve into the deeper issues of faith and Theology. Have you considered that possibility? I personally don't feel much, if anything, gets accomplished arguing with non-Theists. Apparently some members still don't care what the forum moderator said in the OP of the stickied thread "ALL MEMBERS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying on Topic".

(Kinda defines what "trolling" is here in the R,F&T forum)

Nooooo, no one could possibly be here to sharpen their iron with another Christian.

If you want an uninterrupted pro-theist exchange of opinions, details etc., a public debate forum (moderately censored) isn't the perfect choice.

And ofcourse I have considered the option of just having such private exchanges between christians as you mention, but

a/ This thread is not intended to be such a place

and

b/ Your 'sharing' appears to be 'preaching' (as said before).

You guys seem to have some thing going on the 'moderator'-part. You are allegedly 'persecuted' (sometimes also by moderators), but you nonetheless constantly refer to forum-authority, when you are in a tight spot.

But I am right on spot on this thread: I have openly declared a non-censorship policy as recommendable. You guys just have to take what opposition naturally comes in such a context.

Whether you feel some imagined privileges of yours threatened or just don't want to join a real dialogue.
edit on 22-6-2011 by bogomil because: spelling and one-word addition

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I think the OP meant to ask: "Why is Christianity permitted?"

I do believe you're right!
Vicky

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You and your ilk on ATS are overdoing the word 'trolling'. For you it has become a synonym for opposition, and has become a part of the distraction maneuvers with an increasing amount of 'character profiling' and correspondingly less factual post content.

And yet, Bogomil, you continue to troll!
It doesn't matter how many times NYT or SaberTruth or I or any of the rest of us says something, you ignore what we say in favour of your own interpretation, and oh, I wasted too much time on your silly games, until I learned what you are really about.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

And yet, Bogomil, you continue to troll!
It doesn't matter how many times NYT or SaberTruth or I or any of the rest of us says something, you ignore what we say in favour of your own interpretation, and oh, I wasted too much time on your silly games, until I learned what you are really about.

My recent re-entry to this thread started with two comments, directly related to topic.

Quotes from myself:

1/ ["The judge of 'unhealthy' and 'dangerous' is liberal, egalitarian, secular democracy. You are not seriously suggesting a return to the fascistic ideology of theocracy?"]

2/ ["And 'god' considers homosexuality as a sin, so gays do go to hell. After all the sugar-coating of semantic gymnastics is taken away, good old homophobia shows its true nature."]

Which have been either ignored or turned into irrelevant semantic distractions. I am ofcourse very critical to theism in these quotes, but in spite of my criticism of and oppostion to theism I have earlier on this thread positioned myself AGAINST censorship. Topic-related.

Could you please relate to that, instead of acting as spokes-person for a group of christians with grudges from other threads.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Could you please relate to that, instead of acting as spokes-person for a group of christians with grudges from other threads.

What part of I know what your silly game is, and I am not playing any more, don't you get?
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join