It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold/Silver OTC trading illegal for US residents after July 15, 2011?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hmmm...wonder what's going to happen with the Palladium/Platinum and silver pricing after that. What I do notice is since gold has been so high, I have seen some higher end jewelry stores going out of business. No large chains stores or anything like that but the mom and pop types.

Has anyone else noticed this in their community?
Oh man, we are FUBAR

edit on 19-6-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The Executiv Order talks about "Precious Metals". That includes Palladium/Platinum and silver. But lets speculate that it does'nt. In that case, the prices for those metals will first scyrocket, until the realisation has sunk in, that Obama will soon come to seize that too.

Now all the Gold buyers of recent past can go and find a lonely place where they can dig a deep hole to sink there gold in, to keep it from getting stolen by the state...
edit on 19-6-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hmmm....
Maybe I will go and buy some plain ring bands. They can't stop me from buying jewelry (I hope).
Hell hath no fury
Like a Woman who can't buy good jewelry, lol

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

Buy some gold, some clay and a blow torch and you can sit around making rings all day long.

But dont waste money on buying rings to store wealth.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Jewelery gold is hardly ever above 18 carats, which makes it invalid as investnment. One can buy diamonds, but then your wealth is a 100% in jewish hands, since the diamond market is controlled by De Beers. I believe the smartest thing to do would be, buy food, tobaco, alcohol, other recreational drugs and a destillery that is small enough to be hidden away.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Buy some gold, some clay and a blow torch and you can sit around making rings all day long.

But dont waste money on buying rings to store wealth.

That's a great idea

But I have a feeling my landlord would put me out if they discovered a torch in my apartment, lol

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Again, go and buy food, tobaco, alcohol, other recreational drugs and a destillery that is small enough to be hidden away. (Not to forget guns and ammo)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
oops i think the bottom just fell out of the shopping bag now look at all the eggs smashed on the floor ! game over

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel
Jewelery gold is hardly ever above 18 carats, which makes it invalid as investnment. One can buy diamonds, but then your wealth is a 100% in jewish hands, since the diamond market is controlled by De Beers. I believe the smartest thing to do would be, buy food, tobaco, alcohol and a destillery that is small enough to be hidden away.

I know for a fact that diamonds cost a bundle, but the resale value is lousy unless you are in possession of the Hope Diamond or something like that. and yes, it can be tough to find gold above 18kt.
Even 18kt can be way too soft to wear on a regular basis.
I wasn't thinking of precious metals as an investment though - that is a bubble just waiting to burst.

I'm thinking rings, bracelets, ect..chick stuff, lol

About the only thing that I don't have covered is the still because I don't drink, lol
edit on 19-6-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
oops i think the bottom just fell out of the shopping bag now look at all the eggs smashed on the floor ! game over

There wasn't any gold/silver/platinum/palladium in the bag, was there?
I told you not to use those paper bags, lol
Precious metals go right through them, lol

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.

-Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf5d70d11abb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well, your not supposed to drink from it, you are supposed to live off of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Well, your not supposed to drink, you are supposed to live off it.

LOL
Okeedokee....being a non-drinker, someone says "still' to me I think alky-hol..my bad

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

That's a great idea

But I have a feeling my landlord would put me out if they discovered a torch in my apartment, lol

They will not do that. It is a torch, not a welding rig.

You can also use your stovetop to make jewellery, but it takes longer and it is harder to get the smooth finish that you can with a flame.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well, of course "alky-hol"!
But not for drinky, only for trady....

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

That's a great idea

They will not do that. It is a torch, not a welding rig.

You can also use your stovetop to make jewellery, but it takes longer and it is harder to get the smooth finish that you can with a flame.

You don't know my landlord....anything bigger than a BIC they would act like I had Kilauea in a can

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Well, of course "alky-hol"!
But not for drinky, only for trady....

Yes it would be good for trading, but I probably shouldn't be the one making it, someone might go blind

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

You are being difficult.

Either that or you actually (for some reason) tell your landlord about all your purchases or you are living with your landlord. Or you are a child.

Frankly, your reasons for not being able to do this are not believable.

You and I are done here.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

You are being difficult.

Either that or you actually (for some reason) tell your landlord about all your purchases or you are living with your landlord. Or you are a child.

Frankly, your reasons for not being able to do this are not believable.

You and I are done here.

No, I am not being difficult.
I live in an elderly/disabled building...they will not allow it - plain and simple.
Unfortunately I don't have the freedom that most folks in a regular apartment building would have.
But if you are done with me, then that is fine too.
What can I say? *shrugs shoulders*

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
There you have it!
You should have been more carefull, PaganArchangel...-
You see, now HE GOT YOU !!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join