It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why American Indian Drugs Are Considered Dangerous To Current Day Society

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
yes joey but it is SCIENTIFICALLY proven and known all around the world that the side effects of a MALE smoking marijuana is shrinkage of the testicles and lowered sperm count. Talking to a lady from the drug and alcohol services council I also found out smoking marijuana causes genetic damage to the sperm aswell thus causing later abnormalities in sperm and thus children.

By the way Joey, I have tried Cookies before and although the effects to smoking Marijuana are quite different, they are still good for a bit of relaxation without the carcinogenic/cancerous effects and those which would lead on to cause lung damage.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
yes joey but it is SCIENTIFICALLY proven and known all around the world that the side effects of a MALE smoking marijuana is shrinkage of the testicles and lowered sperm count. Talking to a lady from the drug and alcohol services council I also found out smoking marijuana causes genetic damage to the sperm aswell thus causing later abnormalities in sperm and thus children.

Suge, im not sure if you've taken the time to do the research YOURSELF and not from the lady at the drug and alcohol services council. Independant research will usually give you the more unbiased results (unless the site of document is biased in the first place)

NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN'T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of
Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters
the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.
The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study
by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone
levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.
The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use
had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle
stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.
Noting that six other studies had failed to show
lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: "It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that's
typical in the United States, doesn't alter testosterone levels."
However, he cautioned that heavy use might have other
adverse effects, including "possible effects on reproductive
function and mild, selective cognitive impairments associated
with heavy, chronic use."
Block's study is published in Drug and Alcohol
Dependence, Vol. 28: 121-8 (1991).

A little research on erowid and I found plenty of documents to both applaud and denounce cannabis. The call is up to you, scratch the surface a bit more before jumping to conclusions. Im not trying to insult you or anything but look into it a bit more. Im sure you can find an argument to counter mine.

www.erowid.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
OK, as much as I like and support Marijuana the reality is that one small article written by some independent Greens party journalist/operator, or contributor of a "hippie" type website is not legitimate evidence, considering the majority of science staff in the world give evidence on the CONTRARY. Every school in Australia for example educates children about the negative side effects of Marijuana which is EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING. It seems whoever is posting these other replies are not being real, and are indeed making me look like an independent idiot when really I am seriously thinking that these people are posting biasly and are not being real, merely attempting to post thoughts on what they WANT to happen, e.g. no negative effects from Marijuana. Now, as to why the American Indians were so often able to smoke Marijuana, my thoughts are that the strains and ways it is cultivated now is very very different to what the Indians smoked. Maybe the blends on the black market today have been so corrupted with chemically enhanced fertilizers and artificial sources of light, (to grown hydroponically and increase THC potency) that the healthy compounds of the plant have been changed, leaving unhealthy carcinogenic compounds, which also have the effects of testicular shrinkage, lowered libido in men, decreased ability in erectile function etc. Is it possible for the plants DNA structure (or the equivelant cell structure in a plant) to change over a period of time through chemicals? Or this could even lead to a conspiracy that whilst the US created a major war on Marijuana through racial discrimination against the American Indians and Mexicans (See Imax Documentary - The War On Marijuana) could the US government have found a chemical which changes its structure and began spreading it to countries/areas and getting it into the black market marijuana supplies. This today could mean that whilst most of the Marijuana in different supplies, areas and countries around the world could be OK, others could be "genetically modified negatively' so to speak, and thus some people would be smoking good stuff and others bad stuff.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
furthermore more thoughts have been coming to me.

Maybe the US government back in its war against the american indians and mexicans genetically modified some marijuana, and kind of spread it around the world in major black market supplies. Some of the weed is ok to smoke, but others have been genetically modified or just had their chemical composition changed from all the hydronic artificial light and chemicals from fertilizers used to increase THC potency thus some weed in the world would be ok and others would give u these or more negative side effects. If the US gov genetically modified it and wanted to put it in major drug dealers suppliers, it could've used the CIA as its already known that they had deals making money with drugs during the vietnam wars in the golden triangle in Asia. It wouldn't be hard to plant/infect/ or make deals with other major distributors in Colombia and Amsterdam either and thus, if they had influence/deals/ or control over the major drug exporters it wouldnt be hard. This would thus cause a hatred against Mexicans/american indians as people would believe the negative side effects are their fault and also would decrease their spiritual awareness and not be able to become in touch with "seeing beings" and all other enlightening effects of traditional marijuana smokers which the indians used to use and achieve.

Now relating this all back to the New World Order and the ideology of world control. It is well know that the Bikie gangs control the drug trade of my country Australia. The police pretend to do raids on a few of their premises every now and then but its well known that they are so powerful that the police do not even attempt to wipe them out for fear of destruction and riots they would cause. Even in my city they own most of the night clubs/drug trade/brothels/run the youth gangs (ranging from 14 year olds too) and organised crime including burglaries. Now Australia's relations with teh US are tight publicly and even more aligned behind the scenes. If the CIA or someone were to make a deal with the biggest bikie gang The Hells Angels and paid them with a large sum of money/ perhaps gave them weapons munitions/ and told them when the police would publicly "raid" one or two of their houses using scapegoats to arrest, in exchange for a large quantity of this 'modified marijuana' then i can see this being possible. I literally do not over exagerrate about the bikie control which is in place on this state at the moment and know it is all around Australia too.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Its fine to assume that some harm can be found in fertilizers and plant enhancers but your making a giant leap of faith when you point the finger towards the governments. Furthermore, genetics are openly used in marijuana producing certain strands and enhancing certain aspects of the drug. Its unfair to assume that the NWO has some major plot out to contaminate the marijuana supply and harm the general public because they are discriminatory towards Native Americans. Lastly Marijuana has been tested hundreds, perhaps thousands of times by indepedant and FDA (shudders) scientists; the articles are not the fabric of some hippies imagination and wishful thinking. Your arguements are both flimsy and bias themselves.

Suge, you seem like a smart person and a free thinker. Why not direct some of that energy into research and facts? Why not do a vast project on the chemicals used in Marijuana to enhance its effects and the dangers? Hell, i'd be on board helping you if you so wished.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Uhm, I don't really think shamans had cannabis.... cannabis is an indian plant. Indian as in India. Also, I smoke quite regularly and never had any of the symptoms you mentioned. My libido actually improves. Also, consider it is proven that cigarettes cause much worse symptoms, and that erection failure is much more probable when smoking tobacco (which generally consists in over 50% of a decent joint). Oh and did you know you can make propellent from cannabis seeds? And did you know that that's one of the main reasons marijuana is illegal nowdays? Petrol industries lowered petrol price down to 50% in the 1950's scared of the possibility of using a non polluting, economic propellent that would also bring fortune to poor farmers worldwide. Africa included, marijuana is simple to grow.
Regarding Salvia Divinorum.... eheh tried that about a month ago... when it was still legal here in Italy (too bad they discovered shops were selling it and now listed it as a drug) and well, it's really not that great. You get extremely short term hallucinations, which consist more of images (mostly actual facts happened to you that you remember) fastly wooshing by your eyes. Lasts little, but is very nice.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
Uhm, I don't really think shamans had cannabis.... cannabis is an indian plant.

Shaman is a term that can be used interchangeably, Cannabis also grows in other various regions around the world. Visionaries would use cannabis for multiple purposes whether they were shaman, sages, geomancers or whatever. Although I do agree with you on your cigarette comments.

Odd

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Salvia divinorum is perfectly legal nowadays, because it isn't really a euphoriant.

The government doesn't care what you're doing, as long as it doesn't make you too happy.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Salvia divinorum is perfectly legal nowadays, because it isn't really a euphoriant.

The government doesn't care what you're doing, as long as it doesn't make you too happy.

Salvia Divinorum, is not legal here where I live. It was untill about a month ago, when police actually realized people were buying that in shops. And it is an euphoriant and contains psychoactive principles that alter perception. Trust me, I know what I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
they were trying to schedule salvia as an illegal drug here in the usa recently, dont know if it happened or not tho. its pointless really, when used correctly salvia is the most intense drug you can imagine and most people that do it, do it for the spiritual uses. says somewhere on www.erowid.org that salvinorin A (the active drug in salvia) is likely the most powerful known hallucinogen on earth. i know from experience, it probably is

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have smoked Pot, *gasp* and sure enough I'm "Mr. Hey is that a Banana in your pocket?" Nearly every time.

Some science to support both the pros and cons, Anything organic which burns from plant matter produces carbon monoxide, hence why smoking anything will cause lung damage consistent with that, cigarettes or otherwise.

Pot does not shrink testicles, but yes pot does lower your sperm count. I have no issues with that, more wanton sex, less chance to be a father before I can plan for it. lol

It also has been suggested, a man is more likely to father a female child if he is a regular user.

Pot alleviates any depression I seem to have, but like all escapism you have to come back to the real world *unless you have infinite escapism* .

Also what's up with FOOD, huh? It could be a triscuit after a smoke, and it's the best triscuit put on this very Earth.

Just my musings,

-ADHDsux4me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join