It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reports Ron Paul At 0% While CNN Online Poll Shows Him At 75%

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor

onion news had it right again

Haha, brilliant!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I believe Paul even had the most applause in CNN's debate last night.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

According to our friends at the Baltimore Sun, Paul was applauded 11 times while Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty were applauded five times each. Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain were applauded four times each. Rick Santorum brought up the rear by only being applauded three times during the two-hour CNN debate.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
It's not really a disparity. These online polls are a joke. We saw this in the last election where every time there was a poll anywhere the clarion call to go vote in it was sounded and the Paulistas ran over to punch in their vote. There's a reason these polls usually state "This is not a scientific poll." If someone conducts a statistically valid truly randomized poll, then fine. Let's talk about it. But this isn't it and complaining about it makes people look like fools.

I was a delegate at my state's Republican convention last time where the Paulistas were out in force. What really shocked me was the extent to which they went to try to take over the convention. On a strict hand-count basis Paul simply did not have the support, but the Paulistas tried every trick in the book to disrupt the convention, something they did in many states that year. They were completely disruptive. They used procedural tricks. They harrassed the podium when anyone else was talking. It was disgusting. Paul lost a lot of sympathy just because his supporters used tactics like these. They didn't really care about democracy; they just wanted Paul in, period. There's really no difference between Paul's supporters tactics and those of the Leftists. It's all from the same Allinsky playbook.

There is no denying that Paul's supporters are enthusiastic, but they make him look like a puffer fish, blown way out of proportion in terms of his real support. Paul bombed out last time and he will bomb out this time. He serves as a distraction.

The fact is, Paul's supporters are his own worst enemy. If they acted civilized, he'd get more attention.

Do you work for CNN or FOX?

Your post drips with derision of Ron Paul and his supporters. At least no-one can accuse you of being subtle.

So all these call-in poll results regarding Ron Paul are invalid but you say not a word about the invalidity of the call-in results of the other contenders. Maybe you're more subtle than you seem to be after all!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I was just getting ready to post that. Ron definitely garnered more applause and attention last night. The diebold machines are already set to O'Romney.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
CNN
Censored Neocon News

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Did anyone do the math?

51 - Romney
21 - Bachmann
9 - Pawlenty
7 - Gringrich
4 - Cain
4 - Santorum
0 - Paul
---

I'm fairly certain 100% is still the standard amount used. Where did the other 4% go? I didn't see an option for "I'm just an idiot, so I can't decide on a winner".

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
CNN??

You mean Cartoon News Network? LOL check this Gerald Celente clip from today...

Its obvious the lame stream media doesnt want to endorse Ron Paul, a man who makes more sense than the whole lot of politicians.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Fox News online poll has him at #1 with over 30%

www.foxnews.com...

(Scroll down to bottom area in the middle for the poll)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Stereo types thats all that is; i guess anyone can come to their own discernments based on some random experiences. But you're categorizing a large group base; based on one a few observations.

So what If they did this anyways. Do you not remember the Sheeple for Obama Bleeting Yes we can and beating up anyone at his inauguration or the night he won the presidency multiple people were arrested and/or attacked in Chicago because they were wearing John Mccain Shirts or what not. Etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow! CBS (complete bull s#it) News didn't even have the respect to spell Dr. Paul's name correctly.

click link and scroll to the bottom...

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 03/29/2011 by kre8skaos because: adding details

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How come in the year 2011 people still allow them selfs to be conditioned to vote a certin way, if that be a two party system so we can never get a legit third party or for a candidate that the media and spin doctors told them to vote for, everytime we have a election year i realize just how gullible Americans can be.....

Ron Paul is the right person to fix the mess we are in but TPTB still want there puppet president to do there bidding (as seen by the trick CNN pulled with the pole) and the masses happily do the puppet mans dance as well *sigh*....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I remember the debate in the last election cycle where ron paul tore apart his co runners. The online poll showed on the screen that he had a massive lead and was the clear winner for who won the debate.

Then the pundits started talking....it didn't match up then either.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I noticed this exact same thing with the Fox polls last night, Ron Paul had 80 something percent, all the others very small percentages and this morning they say that Romney won. Everyone that I know that lives in Massachusetts knows that Romney was never here, he spent his time on every other state but here. All of the local news channels used to bash him a few years ago, how come now they forgot all the crap that he pulled and are going along with this scam. I am disgusted with all of the main stream media, even in the comments section not one person has a good thing to say about Romney.
Was there some other poll besides the on line one that we don't know about?
Now it is 100% clear to me that this is all a scam and that they are trying to manipulate us in to voting for the puppet they have picked. This is not a conspiracy theory any more, these are facts with proof.

link   
The problem is not just CNN.

All of the major networks manipulate poll numbers to downplay the RP campaign! Even Fox Has done it. They all know RP would take Obama to the cleaners and the Republicans can't have their system thrown off track.

link   
I have absolutely no confidence in any polls released by any news organization, since the poll they did around the time of the tax extension for the rich at the same time as the extension on unemployment benefits.

The day before the extension was passed, all the polls showed on CNN showed that over 70% of Americans were against the extension of the tax cuts for the rich. The day after the extension was passed, the same pollsters showed that remarkably, this same subsection now favored the tax extensions for the rich in the same amounts.

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics" - Winston Churchill.

The reason that all the news organizations (both on the left and the right) are so frightened to show any poll that shows that Dr Paul is leading is that he makes SO MUCH SENSE. They use the fear of the sheeple to portray Dr Paul as a "cook and crazy who wouldn't stand a chance to get elected" when in actuality, if people actually listened to what he said, they would realize how much sense he makes and he'd probably win the nomination hands down.

Ron Paul 2012 !

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah, Ron Paul is definitely for freedom.

But who the hell is this "Mitt Romney" guy?

Looks like some FBI plant to me!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

While the online poll conducted by CNN shows Ron Paul as the clear winner with 75% of the votes, CNN reporters pull a fast one by citing a lesser known poll hosted at National Journal claiming Ron Paul came in at 0%.

runronpaul.com...

Here is the brief footage of the CNN clip that fudges the facts about Paul's success in the poll. It shows a 0% figure:

What a bunch of garbage.

Here is a video someone put together showing the REAL results from a broad variety of polls. Paul takes the lead by a large margin in all of them (including the REAL CNN poll where Paul won 77% of the votes- not zero):

CNN tried to cheat and used some obscure poll... that still showed Paul in the lead with 33% of the votes in reality.

Thanks to some info sent to me by member 'kneverr' another humorous thing about this is the fact the poll CNN cited only had 54 responses at the time! LOL!

There is no reason for them to have chunked their more reliable poll with more responses in favor of this joke if it wasn't for propaganda purposes.

mobile.nationaljournal.com...
edit on 6/14/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

You guys do realize that Online Polls of this sort are not the same as regular polls right? Had they reported the results of this poll as if it was a normal poll THEN they WOULD have been negligent!

OK....let me try to explain to you why such online Polls are not considered good enough to be meaningful, and are generally just there for fun....in a REAL poll people are contacted by whoever is taking the Poll...this means it's an impartial cross section of people (if the pollers did their job right that is)......In an online "poll" ANYONE can vote. Why is that a problem? Because all it takes is a few web sites that support Ron Paul to get people to flood the "poll" and skew the results....I saw that exact same thing happen with a poll on Race Relations (it was a while ago that I saw this happen, so I can't remember exactly where,but I believe the poll was done on NPR) where a couple of White Superiority sites placed notices on their web pages for everyone to Vote in the aforementioned online "poll"....of course this made the results quite skewed, making it seem as if the majority of Americans were ignorant racists....that's just an example of why these things are by their nature completely inaccurate, and this is why it would be completely inappropriate to use such a poll in a legitimate news story!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Paul bombed out last time and he will bomb out this time. He serves as a distraction.

The fact is, Paul's supporters are his own worst enemy. If they acted civilized, he'd get more attention.

Wrong as hell. Every Diebold machine put Ron Paul votes in New Hampshire under double digits. Every paper ballot location had Paul over double digits. The only thing keeping Ron Paul down is cheaters and warmongers.

link   
These are all the online polls i could find, feel free to argue the following info.

turner.mo2do.net...;jsessionid=D47E67728BB841241AA5BFA78BF13DA8?optPollOption=Rep.+Ron+Paul%2FTexas&vote=Vote

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cnbc.com...

ed.msnbc.msn.com...

vortexeffect.net...

turner.mo2do.net...

www.wepolls.com...

www.facebook.com...
edit on 03/29/2011 by kre8skaos because: link edits

link   
reply to post by kre8skaos

ROB PAUL 2012!!! hahahaha