It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i change my ats name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
can someone point me in the right direction to ask questions about changing my ats name. is it even possible to change the name as i have now found out you cant delete your account.

XL5

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Just make another account and never use the one you have now. The mods will not change peoples user names.

Its been asked in the past and the answer is to make a new account, just don't use your old one.

Edit: You do lose your stars and flags and no one will know you, but then again, if you use a unisex name, people won't try to sweet talk you or treat you different.
edit on 13-6-2011 by XL5 because: addition

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
ATS does not have the facilities to delete your account or change your account name. If you would like a different account/account name you'll need to create a new account with the desired name. You should then notify the staff, and they will disable your old account. Note that nothing from your old account can be transferred to your new account (i.e. stars, flags, points, applauses).

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

This new search engine ATS has is really working great!!!

Can I change my username
Can I change my username
Can I change my username
Can I change my username

Etc, etc, etc........

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i have done that and in a perfect world i would have liked to merge the two accounts under the one name. i really would have like the old account deleted as although i have said nothing wrong to the naked eye...it could have repercussions. i didnt realise that your activity here appears on google. call me dumb but i am not very computer savy.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

No one would ever know about your other/old account unless you tell them (or say something in your posts that can link your new account with your old account)...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

No one would ever know about your other/old account unless you tell them (or say something in your posts that can link your new account with your old account)...

its nothing to do with ats people knowing i am one and same person...lets just say its to do with employment.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Contact a staff member directly or use the complaints feature and explain your situation. The staff can always remove one or two posts/threads that trouble you. However we cannot remove ALL of your threads/posts.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Contact a staff member directly or use the complaints feature and explain your situation. The staff can always remove one or two posts/threads that trouble you. However we cannot remove ALL of your threads/posts.

Nice..Always able to help..I like it..

top topics

join