It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry Issues National Call to Prayer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Slick Rick is simply picking up where Palin's ahem Crusade derailed during her last election run and one of the keys is to win over the fundamental conservatives.

Reminds me 100% of Sinclair Lewis' quote:

“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by kinnerarity

I don't agree with what he is forcing onto the people as you have mentioned and I have no doubt the other candidates will be ready and willing to make it well known when the time comes.

In the meantime, we are still in an economic crisis and our unemployment is lasting longer than it did in the great depression.

I can see past the speaker to see the subject. I don't have to give the speaker anything just because he is right about this crisis except the fact he is correct about this crisis.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there there is an economic crisis, but I still fail to see how praying about it is a realistic positive move. I could pray that I make 2 gazillion dollars next year and tell everyone to help me pray for it - but what is going to REALISTICALLY going to happen? Would you call that a POSITIVE step like Rick, or would you tell me that I was insane and that if I wanted to make 2 gazillion dollars I would need to come up with a plan and work for it? The subject is the crisis. Everyone can see that perfectly without a politician pointing that out. Neither the man nor the method is a realistic solution. We need a PLAN and ACTION. God gave people a brain to USE in situations like this. What we DON"T need is anyone wasting time on anything other than unraveling this mess - including smoozing up people for a possible presidential run.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there there is an economic crisis, but I still fail to see how praying about it is a realistic positive move.

It seems to take a rocket scientist for many of the elected officials to see there is an economic crisis.
What you might fail to see others do in fact "see".

The subject is the crisis. Everyone can see that perfectly without a politician pointing that out.

Thats funny, what with the left leaning MSM drama we have to sift through, I disagree that everyone can see the reality of this.
Sure the politicians see it and continue to play games and spend and borrow our money, so it is a big deal to me that more are taking on the subject. (Though the truth is it's too late and we need all the prayers we can get.)

God gave people a brain to USE in situations like this.

And how is that working for us?

God also gave us a heart and there is no problem with me if people and politicans wish to gather to pray for this out of control monster to stop.
Prayer is like meditation. When we meditate, we clear our heads and use our brains constructively.

What we DON"T need is anyone wasting time on anything other than unraveling this mess - including smoozing up people for a possible presidential run.

Maybe for some or many, this is a first step in truly facing facts. All possible candidates smooze.

We are only accountable for ourselves. Who gives a rats ass who's cheating who and who's car is parked next door in this instance!
We have had to put up with the Mr. Divider in the White House for far too long.
It's refreshing to see someone UNITE people for a change, even if it's for his own selfish reasons.... it's not for those who wish to participate.

I can't stand Obama, he is a coward and a poor excuse of a leader but if he called for the same thing as Gov. Perry has.... I wouldn't get constipated over who UNITES people positively. I would actually come to respect him (in that particular instance) if he actually did something constructive and in our best interest. We the People's best interest!

edit on 13-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: dyslexic and blond

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
lots of "wonderful advice" on here I see, like no wonder we're "headed to hell in a handbasket"

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. -Matthew26

For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted. -
Isaiah 60

And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. -Matthew24

The Siege of Jerusalem in the year 70 AD was a decisive event in the First Jewish-Roman War. It was followed by the fall of Masada in 73. en.wikipedia.org...(70)

edit on 13-6-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The prayer event will have anti-LGBT themes. I'm sure God won't listen to prayers for bigotry. Also, as someone else posted, during one of Texas's worst wildfires said Texas should pray for rain...all while he defunded the agency that handles wildfires. Texas should pray for a new governor.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there there is an economic crisis, but I still fail to see how praying about it is a realistic positive move.

It seems to take a rocket scientist for many of the elected officials to see there is an economic crisis.
What you might fail to see others do in fact "see".

The subject is the crisis. Everyone can see that perfectly without a politician pointing that out.

Thats funny, what with the left leaning MSM drama we have to sift through, I disagree that everyone can see the reality of this.
Sure the politicians see it and continue to play games and spend and borrow our money, so it is a big deal to me that more are taking on the subject. (Though the truth is it's too late and we need all the prayers we can get.)

God gave people a brain to USE in situations like this.

And how is that working for us?

God also gave us a heart and there is no problem with me if people and politicans wish to gather to pray for this out of control monster to stop.
Prayer is like meditation. When we meditate, we clear our heads and use our brains constructively.

What we DON"T need is anyone wasting time on anything other than unraveling this mess - including smoozing up people for a possible presidential run.

Maybe for some or many, this is a first step in truly facing facts. All possible candidates smooze.

We are only accountable for ourselves. Who gives a rats ass who's cheating who and who's car is parked next door in this instance!
We have had to put up with the Mr. Divider in the White House for far too long.
It's refreshing to see someone UNITE people for a change, even if it's for his own selfish reasons.... it's not for those who wish to participate.

I can't stand Obama, he is a coward and a poor excuse of a leader but if he called for the same thing as Gov. Perry has.... I wouldn't get constipated over who UNITES people positively. I would actually come to respect him (in that particular instance) if he actually did something constructive and in our best interest. We the People's best interest!

edit on 13-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: dyslexic and blond

Don't forget to help me out on my two gazillion dollars. I could really use it! I'll even share.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Don't forget to help me out on my two gazillion dollars. I could really use it! I'll even share.

Such a loving and giving heart as you have, I see you will allow those who choose to participate on a National Call to Prayer, (without grouping all of them into your imagination as what you imagine their evil or ignorant reasons are) but maybe as the same as you.
Loving and giving...

edit on 14-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

Governor Perry had better heed this: Matthew 6:5, and 6. "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites, for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward,"

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven...................

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

He won't listen to them anyway. You aren't supposed to pray in public like the hypocrites do or you will receive no reward from God.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join