It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

leicester city council not prepared for zombie invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

leicester city council not prepared for zombie invasion

www.itproportal.com

citizen of the Leicester City Council has filed a Freedom of Information request with the government body, inquiring about its plans to deal with a zombie invasion.

Robert Ainsley wrote to the council about its plans for handling a potential zombie invasion in the future.

Read more: www.itproportal.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i wonder if they know something we dont, lol. i was surprised to see this in the papers. i wonder if this is a thing to come councils giving money to protect towns from zombies ? i mean with all these zombie films coming out and books/games ect.... are the goverment trying to tell us something ? trying to cushon the impact ?

www.itproportal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the search function?

My god, almost the same exact title.. Right Here...
edit on 11-6-2011 by rstregooski because: zxczxczxczxczxvczxxxv

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
Have you ever heard of the search function?

My god, almost the same exact title.. Right Here...
edit on 11-6-2011 by rstregooski because: zxczxczxczxczxvczxxxv

DOH !!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Is anyone really prepared for a Zombie Invasion? I mean come one now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
ive been reading there been a lot of people rising the qustion of zombies well i got a gun and lot of ammo
and watch zombie land and you will learn

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's a good movie, but still fictional, if it wasn't for George we wouldn't have Zombies anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I suspect that the whole zombie thing is the new
alien type joke.

Since the link in the Op is the only source I would have to say "Hoax" on this one although reading about Ainsley was pretty entertaining as he seems like a pretty cool guy.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
zombie gear you might need riot gear that is knife proof to keep from getting infected by bites.
a good club or baseball bat to kill them quietlly a katana sword would work but most of the ones you fibd in shops are crap with very short tangs which in a 3 foot long razor is very dangerous i know from experience i kit something with it the tang broke an blade came bake and almost hit me. a good heavy duty machete would work tho.
fire arms anything you can be sure to find ammo for. learn how to make and reload ammo there was a reason alice was loading her shohtgun shells with quarters in last resident evil movie every vending machine and telephone booth were potential sources of ammo

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Warning,rant incoming......
Since high school i fail to understand this obsession with zombies. On planet with wars,famine,natural and man made catastrophes and enough nukes to make Earth into asteroid field several times people seem fascinated and horrified by idea of walking corpses.
This is not possible. Or at least less possible that to be shot at/bombed/stabbed by perfectly functioning Homo (still) sapiens.
Sorry for rant, but i do not get it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Dont apologize man, it's totally cool. I think we all get what your saynig. There is no proof of any kind, suggesting that a human would eat another human for sustenance motivated by a virus. Yeah, cannibals exsist, but so what, I'm with you on this one.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
How is this for a zombie attack?

WARNING DISTURBING CONTENT

Notice the amount of force used to remove the body parts. I guess this answers the question as to the speed zombies can move. filmed from a helicopter in infrared in Russia.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That's a cool vid, it was nicely done. Too many things wrong with it for me to believe it. Cool vid though.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Notice the amount of force used to remove the body parts. I guess this answers the question as to the speed zombies can move.

I noticed none of that and saw no zombie. Why would anyone question how fast a zombie moves if there is no such thing?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
How is this for a zombie attack?

WARNING DISTURBING CONTENT

Notice the amount of force used to remove the body parts. I guess this answers the question as to the speed zombies can move. filmed from a helicopter in infrared in Russia.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

do zombies generate heat for infra-red heat?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xmetalgear

do zombies generate heat for infra-red heat?

Of course. And chopper only records sounds of firearms and that's it. No running nor screaming. Well maybe not in real life but in CGI - easily.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

reply to post by xmetalgear

Yah thats what I thought when I saw it too, but I thought it fit the thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Having read the article I can only conclude some people have too much time of their hands. I love sci-fi and horror, but I have always hated zombie films because I think they are taking the public as idiots.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I suspect that the whole zombie thing is the new
alien type joke.

Since the link in the Op is the only source I would have to say "Hoax" on this one although reading about Ainsley was pretty entertaining as he seems like a pretty cool guy.

This isn't a hoax.

It is a letter written to the council requesting information on their Zombie preparedness plans. Under the FOI Act, this letter was released, causing much merriment.

It is just a silly letter, but kudos for the council in saying that their other disaster plans should suffice in an event of a zombie invasion

It's just like the occasional BBC articles about humourous and strange 999 calls, for example a woman calling for an ambulance because she broke a nail.

top topics

join