It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Atheists, so I remember preexisting, POW!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I highly doubt the authenticity of your claim.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

Why don't you read what i was replying to.

U2U me if you want to ask such trivial questions.

And this thread has nothing to do with Atheism. Atheism, by definition, doesn't not prevent belief in reincarnation, pre-existence or the numinous.

Atheists only lack belief in a deity. Madness and others have pointed this out early on.
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Slawth

I highly doubt the authenticity of your claim.

I know how you feel. Just 3 years ago, I would have doubted the authenticity of such a claim myself. But now I cannot deny the remembrance, and added to that is that we have a large number of people around the world, different cultures, races, ages, genders also remembering preexistence.

I was 29 when I remembered. So I went 29 years thinking just like you do now. All in all though, I'm grateful that I remember preexisting cause it certainly takes allot of weight and drama off this life.

Since then, I merely brush off most of the B.S. that everyone else gets wrapped up in, and I'm like a tourist which allows me to have a sort of detachment from this place. A quite interesting set of consequences that have developed in me just from having that remembrance and has really improved my Life overall.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
BTW, Slender Man was the creation of the Something Awful forums that sort of went of the chains. There is no evidence of a claim of this being prior to that thread.

That was exactly my point. There have been legitimate Slender Man sightings though. An idea, even obviously fictional, can influence our perspectives. We can see things that are obviously untrue and still perceive them to be factual.

Originally posted by dominicus
I did not ever believe that preexistence was possible and if it would have been brought up prior to the the remembrance, I would have absolutely been a hardline skeptic about it. After the memory though, I cannot deny it.

While that's admittedly different from if your mind was fueling off beliefs you already had, it's doesn't mean it couldn't of been fabricated.

For example, I've been in a stage of "existence" before. I didn't bring that up before because I don't want to go into that story. I do know what the feelings like though, and it's wonderful. Lets say, hypothetically, that I didn't know why I was going into that state. My mind may of filled in the gaps, and in that state be able to make a realistic experience happen around it. That didn't happen, but it could of. Same possibility for you.

Ever have a dream about something you don't care about or believe in? Same thing could happen with those "fill in" experiences.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Casting a label on any human brings division. This leads to more problematic issues with human relationships. The end result is hatred and war. People are on a journey in life, not to "win" or "succeed" it's just a journey. Some join religions or are thrust into them from their parents. Some leave those religions because it doesn't work for them seeking deeper spirituality in life
Depending on the version you like the story still holds true.... The gods understood if humans were united we could do anything we wanted. Need I say anymore about that?
Why waste time arguing? You don't have to be right, just be. Stop dividing humanity into groups.
On a side note there is a group that considers themselves "Spiritual Athiests" (google it). Christians don't like that term and niether do Athiests so maybe they are on to something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join