It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen the veil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hello and may Peace be upon us all.

Along the path that is my spiritual awakening, I have opened different doors and entered different understandings.

Recently I have been practicing conscious awareness and mindfulness of both myself and existence. Focusing my awareness on my every emotion, my every thought, my every sensory stimuli (touch, sight, sound, smell, taste), and my every action. Observing each breath, savoring each bite of food, and focusing on each smaller part of myself that makes up the whole... limbs, joints, muscle, bones, skin, and even the deeper world of blood, cells, and energy. Focusing on the tree, handfuls of dirt, single droplets of water, the air, the sun, and whatever creatures or experiences enter my observations.

Sacrament of the present moment... Mindfulness of the present moment... Presence without absence. I have also been living as many 'now' moments as I can. Liberating myself from time; escaping the pain and regret of the past, while also escaping the fear and worry of the future. No longer chasing the past nor dreaming of the future. I've learned to live each moment in the 'now.'

While in deep and mindful meditation alone in the forest, I focused again on myself as fully as my concentration allowed, while also aware of all of existence around me. I then saw the most beautiful sight! The grass infront of me began to shimmer. The trees emitted an incredible glow. Even the air was radiant. Everything in my sight glistened and sparkled spectacularly as flawless diamonds. As I beheld, there was no longer empty space, for the void was filled with a waving/vibrating "mesh." This "mesh" penetrated every glistening blade of grass, every sparkling tree, and even the radiant air. It was indeed an incredible and beautiful experience!

I was in complete Peace, and for the first time I knew by experience that there is no separation; all things are interconnected and interdependent. Everything is bound to everything in beautiful harmony. It is one thing to read, hear, or understand principles such as I explained, but it is another thing to actually experience it. I have seen the veil, the illusion, and I now understand by experience.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
that´s sounds fantastic and I hope you´ll be able to learn to do this at will.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Hello and may Peace be upon us all.

Along the path that is my spiritual awakening, I have opened different doors and entered different understandings.

Recently I have been practicing conscious awareness and mindfulness of both myself and existence. Focusing my awareness on my every emotion, my every thought, my every sensory stimuli (touch, sight, sound, smell, taste), and my every action. Observing each breath, savoring each bite of food, and focusing on each smaller part of myself that makes up the whole... limbs, joints, muscle, bones, skin, and even the deeper world of blood, cells, and energy. Focusing on the tree, handfuls of dirt, single droplets of water, the air, the sun, and whatever creatures or experiences enter my observations.

Conscious awareness of yourself is conscious awareness of everything else. I'm sure you already knew that.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That's awesome.
That's not my experience of the veil though.
The veil, what I call it - from my experience, is a bit deeper in than what you describe.
It separates not from omnipresence, but from omniscience.
What you describe as the mesh might be the first manifestation you are getting of it.

To me it is more like a prism though, or like having fly eyes - suddenly everything can be seen from different angles - you not only see the ONENESS but also see the evidence of the splintering of perception. If you concentrate on another sense, same thing, different experience...IE with hearing I've heard things that I know were miles and miles away and multiple experiences of sound itself.
It's best to stand on the fractured side of the veil and only peek in, at least for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

What a wonderful experience to have and well written I might add.

I hope to experience the same one day and believe I can if taken the time to truly experience the awe that you described.

Peace and Love to you!!

xoxoxox

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now for the real test, try and recreate that experience in a room full of people and not out by yourself in the forest.

I'm not trying to demean your experience, which is wonderful, it's just that experiencing the interconnectedness of all things and life while alone in the forest is but one experience. It's quite another to do so while driving in rush-hour traffic.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

It is how we all used to be, before the ego was installed in humans.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by linkshot1000

Thank you
I too hope that the experience of interconnected "oneness" becomes more frequent. It was very beautiful and enlightening.

reply to post by smithjustinb

Very true! Conscious awareness and mindfulness of one's "self" is indeed awareness of all else. Personally, it took me some time of focusing on my "self" and 'outside' things before I could see or experience that there are no separate selves or separate things.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I really enjoyed your post.

however, it has long been my experience that the "veil" cannot be seen with your human eyes. while it is true that you will have a heightened sensory experience while you are near to the border, I think that you may be focusing upon your body awareness too much.

the next time you "go there", you might try to reawaken your native spiritual sensory apparatus. it is not easy to explain how you may go about doing this. but it may be helpful to understand what it is NOT.

it is NOT a member of your physical system. in fact, your physical senses will seem like tinker-toys in comparison.

this painting by Alex grey, "theologue", may be of some assistance. ..... picplz.com...

have fun, my fellow psychonaut.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Now for the real test, try and recreate that experience in a room full of people and not out by yourself in the forest.

I'm not trying to demean your experience, which is wonderful, it's just that experiencing the interconnectedness of all things and life while alone in the forest is but one experience. It's quite another to do so while driving in rush-hour traffic.

Oneness can be felt anywhere under any conditions.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
I really enjoyed your post.

however, it has long been my experience that the "veil" cannot be seen with your human eyes. while it is true that you will have a heightened sensory experience while you are near to the border, I think that you may be focusing upon your body awareness too much.

the next time you "go there", you might try to reawaken your native spiritual sensory apparatus. it is not easy to explain how you may go about doing this. but it may be helpful to understand what it is NOT.

it is NOT a member of your physical system. in fact, your physical senses will seem like tinker-toys in comparison.

this painting by Alex grey, "theologue", may be of some assistance. ..... picplz.com...

have fun, my fellow psychonaut.

I argue that it is a member of your physical system, but it is also what is behind all physical systems and is not confined to one particular form.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by kalunom

Oneness can be felt anywhere under any conditions.

Of course it can. It can also be imagined quite easily. I'm just pointing out that reaching this 'state' is much more difficult when having in a distracting/active environment.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Physical and non physical is the same thing, this is not an experience of duality, it is an experience of the ALL, which is found as an all, in every individual thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Thank you for sharing! This was my very first awareness of such an experience, except OBEs. From what I read, hear from others, and sense... I am but beginning and there is so much more. I have yet to fully explore the state of being in my OP. Perhaps when I am accustomed to this state of being, I will progress to the realms of what you described. Your experiences sound almost god-like! Do you have any advice that may wish to share?

reply to post by MamaJ

I've followed different religions, ideologies, and practices throughout the last decade. I've taken strides in different aspects of myself along the way, and many times backslid on my spirituality. You'll get to the exact place you are supposed to be! But to experience the "unseen" it does take time and effort. Thank you for the kind words, and may you travel well

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Physical and non physical is the same thing, this is not an experience of duality, it is an experience of the ALL, which is found as an all, in every individual thing.

Yes you're right.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to oppose you, i was actually agreeing with you in my way of agreeing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

I wasn't trying to oppose you, i was actually agreeing with you in my way of agreeing.

It's like you want to say exactly what I'm saying by using different words. It's like you aren't disagreeing with what I'm saying, just how I say it.

haha. I'm just messin with you, it's all good, do what u do.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Previously, I have only meditated indoors. To be honest, meditation in the forest is the most difficult meditation I have yet to experience. Many mosquitos biting me, flies crawling all over my body and even the holes of my ears and nose, and being so aware that each minuscule pebble starts to feel like daggers piercing my sitting. It was very hard to transcend the insects biting and landing on me. Trust me, meditating in the forest is no picnic in the woods :p

I have not entered any alternate states of being when around people, but I am able to be mindful and aware through the distractions. If I continue, I know I have a life-time of progression and experience to enjoy. Perhaps in the future I will be able to transcend even a crowded room. Cheers to that!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I don't meditate as much as I used to because it started feeling uncomfortable and I could never seem to get the feeling of peace that I had before. But when I used to be good at it, I would spontaneously arrive at that meditative expansion state, even when I wasn't meditating.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I am beginning to believe that! How wonderful it would be if we all could "outwardly" reflect the unity and harmony that binds all.

reply to post by tgidkp

I will explore and further observe this state the next time I reach it. The photograph you shared is similar to my experience. Similar but not exact. The "mesh" I saw was similar to the lines radiating in the picture. All of existence looked the same as normal, except illuminated and sparkling, then that "mesh" connected everything. I will try to "master" the state of being I reached and I will remember your words. I understand I am only on the cusp, but I am so excited because this is my first experienced realization on interconnectedness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join