It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tepco whistleblower speaks out about Tsunami Danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
A former worker at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan says the operator ignored warnings about a large tsunami hitting the facility.
www.abc.net.au...

Off site words

"I asked my boss back in the late '90s what would happen if a tsunami hit the Fukushima reactors," he said.

"I said surely a meltdown will happen. He said 'Kimura, you are right'.

Well they knew,they covered up and now the people with strength of heart and moral courage speak out
This is all well and good but the damage is done
edit on 10-6-2011 by 12voltz because: of the falling birds

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
A former worker at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan says the operator ignored warnings about a large tsunami hitting the facility.
www.abc.net.au...

Off site words

"I asked my boss back in the late '90s what would happen if a tsunami hit the Fukushima reactors," he said.

"I said surely a meltdown will happen. He said 'Kimura, you are right'.

Well they knew,they covered up and now the people with strength of heart and moral courage speak out
This is all well and good but the damage is done
edit on 10-6-2011 by 12voltz because: of the falling birds

99,99% of every company from every sort of business of varied importance and danger to society are not ready to be hit by a tsunami. That "whistleblower", if we can even call him that, didnt warn the company. He was just throwing wild ideas around twenty years ago! Should every single company in the world invest on being prepared for a tsunami? I get it, we are talking about a nuclear plant. But if a meteorite hits it, bad stuff will happen as well. The earth is constantly hit by meteorites. A lot more than it is hit by tsunamis. Should every nuclear facility also be ready for a meteorite hit?

I dont consider that a whistleblowing. If that insider was talking about failures in normal procedures, than that would be alarming. But his boss ignoring the possibility of a tsunami twenty years ago.... Come on.... i deslike tepco as much as the next guy right now, but I still dont think that is a fair accusation.
edit on 10-6-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

join