It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil Reports Huge Oil Discovery In Gulf: Largest in a Decade.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

ExxonMobil Reports Huge Oil Discovery In Gulf

ExxonMobil is touting a new oil discovery in the Gulf, 250 miles southwest of New Orleans, as "one of the largest...in the Gulf of Mexico in the last decade."

The company announced two major oil discoveries and a natural gas discovery in deep water after drilling its first post-moratorium deepwater exploration well. The oil giant says a new well in 7,000 feet of water reportedly has the potential to deliver more than 700 million barrels of oil.

Haven't skipped a beat.

Huge need.

Huge investment.

Huge find.

Huge risk?

edit on 10-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Sheesh!...You'd think they'd stop looking in the Gulf after what BP did!
edit on 10-6-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: I changed something!!! I changed something, and no one could stop me!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Does it ever end?

Jamie.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
good eye Exxon, it's everywhere now thanks to BP LOL!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Without this harvesting of natural resources none of you would be sat on this website due to our society's reliance on them.

Seems to be a case of anywhere except in my back yard. If you want change then be it and stop using products and services that use oil.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
Without this harvesting of natural resources none of you would be sat on this website due to our society's reliance on them.

And that's a good thing?

Personally, It would be a lot more peaceful without the harvesting or the tech.
I'd be happy reading the paper on the back of a horse drawn tram to work

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yeah i guess we have to face it.
We live in an indusdrial world.

Maybe all the financial problems we're seeing right now, will have an effect on how we manage or calculate the risk of an operation like this one.

Remember, the oil pumped "usualy" means taxes at the other end when everyone of us go at the petrol station, so its fair to say they are all quite anxious to go drill another hole. I just hope they take extra precaution so they dont screw this up again.
Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

If it would make you happier, why are you replying on here and not using a horse and cart for travel?

Either you're not being honest or you're a hypocrite.

Which is it?

edit on 10-6-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Seems to be a case of anywhere except in my back yard. If you want change then be it and stop using products and services that use oil.

Harvesting the natural resources is one thing.

Allowing the harvest of them by an entity that is not beholden to any law other than generating maximum profit at any cost is not.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Why attack him for that? It's not the easiest thing to just opt out of society. Anyways..I believe the best path would be to invest more in green technologies that could have an amazingly beneficial effect on our world such as the artificial leaf or LENR's.

Hey, does anyboyd know if this oil discovery will drop prices? I'm sick of paying $4+

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

If you want change then be it and stop using products and services that use oil.

That might be the case for you or I, in the real world, yeah right.

Oil is in every facet of our (American) lives, you can't get away from it. Drive less but don't forget to buy milk on your way home (plastic). It's going to take us as much time to get rid of the dependence on oil as it was to find it and utilize it in the first place.

I think, we are very lucky to be alive right now. We are riding the rollercoaster that must come to an end at some point. We have it good right now, we might see the end of it but I doubt it in our lifetimes. The only thing that will stop this rollercoaster short is greed. There is oil all over the place, the supply and demand doesn't have anything to do with scarcity in this case. The real reason is the people that hold the oil are waiting, waiting for the poorer countries with oil to run out or get greedy themselves. When that happens, sell your oil. If you had a candy bar I was willing to pay 50 cents for today and you also knew I'd pay 75 cents more for that same candy bar the next day, what would you do?

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

The strange thing is that the motor car was seen as an enviromental saviour upon its invention as it put a stop to the huge piles of horse dung in every major town and city. If we had to all go back to riding horses then the amount of methane that would be produced would be catastrophic for the enviroment once we had breeded enough horses needed for our worlds 6-7 billion people.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

The strange thing is that the motor car was seen as an enviromental saviour upon its invention as it put a stop to the huge piles of horse dung in every major town and city. If we had to all go back to riding horses then the amount of methane that would be produced would be catastrophic for the enviroment once we had breeded enough horses needed for our worlds 6-7 billion people.

I'd be interested to see the numbers comparing horse farts to car exhaust.

somehow I doubt horse farts are worse.

top topics

join