It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you smoke? I want to ask you a question about flavors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I occasionally smoke and have recently been trying different flavored cigars but am getting tired of it and it's hurting my lungs so I need to quit. I have recently discovered something that makes a good recreational smoke because it's more involved (I don't smoke away from my house, even at work).... and that is flavored shisha.... or hookah tobacco.

ok, so i'm going to make some to save a lot of money.

I want an INTENSE flavor...maybe something fruity...something sweet. I want to stay away from mints that will be cold on the lungs. I know what some really strong flavors are. Take peachy chewing tobacco or example...peaches and apricots will soak in a STRONG flavor into tobacco... but here's the thing i need help with.

Not all flavors that are strong are strong when burned. Sure the taste is straong but is the smoke going to be flavorful?

I have been searching and searching google but because of how you put key words together, it is steering me to all sorts of directions and I'm running into a lot of tobacco sales because you know how they are... any time I put in the word smoke.

see my problem?

ok, there's some smart people on board who have all kinds of experiences, surely there must be someone who knows some hella strong flavors when burned.. I don't want harsh... i want SWEET.

Some of the tastiest stuff i have smoked was a passion fruit flavored herbal blend but I have no idea what they used to flavor it with and i don't want to bulk up the shisha by adding more herbs, plus those herbs were expensive for just a dab..
edit on 10-6-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
how did i wind up in this catagory?....wuh??

ah christ.... anywho...
edit on 10-6-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is the religion faith and theology forum.
I guess it will get moved.
just might want to check where your posting before posting.

maybe if you had a question like.............................
Do you think you should be able to smoke in church?
It would be more fitting for this forum.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I used to smoke cigars for fifteen years, if you want something chocolaty go for a nice rich Maduro if you want something sharp with a bite go for a Robusto like PUNCH but you better be ready for a strong hit, some good one's are CAO and Torano. If you are looking for unique flavors you won't find in any other Cigar go for a ACID cigars, you never know what you are going to get, the one's I have tried are too flowery for my tastes but beautiful. CAO Blacks were my brand nice smooth smoke, vanilla in taste with a slight after taste. Perfect for a night smoke. You can check out Cigars International they have some really good top brands. If you can afford a few Cohiba's they are king in my book.

PS: here's a little bit of the ACID brand of cigars, a nice box too when you get them. www.acidcigars.net...
edit on 6/10/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Sir I believe the flavor you are looking for is grape. Grape kush. Makes everything taste amazing. Doubt me? Try it yourself and be the judge. Goes great with all that hooka jib jab

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

hmmm.... gonna have to try some of these.

I gotta find a tobacco store around here that sells quality pipe tobacco. I was going to opt for chemical free loose tobacco for rolling cigarettes but if I can find a real flavorful pipe tobacco I might use that for the shisha and add more sweet flavor to the already flavored tobacco.... but i have never had pipe tobacco and don't know how it will do with hookah. I don't really want the nicotine to knock me off my ass. I want the tobacco flavor to to be moderate and robust but not too much on my throat but i want the sweet flavor to be really intense.

i just read that hazelnut oil is the strongest flavored culinary oil... and i happen to love the taste but I don't know what the oil would taste like burned if i was able to find the culinary oil in a store.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

hey dude,

I know exactly what your saying, I love my Shisha and have Strawberry, Vanilla and Cola flavoured baccy.
I notice the flavour is alot stronger here than back home and its got something to do with the baccy still being wet apparently?????

I have asked the guy who sells it why its so tasty and that was the response I got, make sure you dont let it dry out.

have you looked into just buying shisha tabac? Over here its only about $13US for a box of the stuff and it lasts forever.

Oh yeah, whatever flavour you use try and put some in the water your smoking with, tatse is primarily about smell so if its wafting up at you your more likely to taste it
edit on 10-6-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

For Pipe Tobacco I would stick with Connecticut long leaf, even Turks say that is the best. Real mild and smooth, vanilla is probably the best regarding that. I wouldn't add oils to your Hookah though, it could clog everything up.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by andyr1112

Sir I believe the flavor you are looking for is grape. Grape kush. Makes everything taste amazing. Doubt me? Try it yourself and be the judge. Goes great with all that hooka jib jab

I'm not a sir.

however much I would like to add grape kush to the mix, that's not going to happen.
I just want the flavor for this part. Buzzes are a separate matter. This will primarily be a tobacco creation.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

hey dude,

I know exactly what your saying, I love my Shisha and have Strawberry, Vanilla and Cola flavoured baccy.
I notice the flavour is alot stronger here than back home and its got something to do with the baccy still being wet apparently?????

I have asked the guy who sells it why its so tasty and that was the response I got, make sure you dont let it dry out.

have you looked into just buying shisha tabac? Over here its only about $13US for a box of the stuff and it lasts forever.

Oh yeah, whatever flavour you use try and put some in the water your smoking with, tatse is primarily about smell so if its wafting up at you your more likely to taste it
edit on 10-6-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

I'm working on some apple al fahker right now. I'm going to try their vanilla. I like it but I want it FROOTIER.

It's teasing me like crazy. It's five bucks a box here and that isn't bad but I can make some for cheaper.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion

For Pipe Tobacco I would stick with Connecticut long leaf, even Turks say that is the best. Real mild and smooth, vanilla is probably the best regarding that. I wouldn't add oils to your Hookah though, it could clog everything up.

perhaps... but I'm already going to be putting honey in it because that's how it's made.

is pipe tobacco wetter?

I wonder what would happen if i used peachy chew for making the shisha... kinda scared to do that though.
You can't smoke chewing tobacco can you? hmm. there is probably a lot of sugar in peachy but the glycerine is supposed to stop it from charring. i dunno.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
man, i smoke weed like crazy... but i recently started smoking shisha as well and i gotta say... i love it. i have never smoked tobbacco of any sort before (except for blunts) but i like shisha all the flavors and what not and its just fun to chill out and pass the hooka hose and play around with fun tasting smoke, not to mention you do taste it for quite a while afterwards... yeah... fun.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I love smoking menthol , it never sores my throat , i recently started smoking E Health Cigarettes..
Electronic cigarettes look, feel and taste like a conventional cigarette, but there is no fire , no combustion, no tar and no real smoke. Also, they have no carcinogenic substances.

No ashtrays, no cigarette butts, no stale smells and no air pollution. Safe for those around you.
edit on 10-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I thought about getting an e cigarette but they are expensive and I have been told that they are so different. I know some are better than others but I'm afraid it will be a waste of money if I don't like it and continue to smoke other tobacco products. I have even looked into making my own e liquid. the flexibility you have with e cigs is crazy.

I'd like to find a clean way to vape shisha without buying an expensive vaporizer that will undoubtedly get clogged and be more involved to clean than a hookah.

When I started smoking, it was salems. i can't handle menthol now. I think i might like a milder spearmint flavor because i LOVE spearmint. That is one YUMMY mint.

I think i am leaning towards a vanilla flavored pipe tobacco, with pure vanilla and hazelnut oil and slack off on the glycerine and honey a bit since the oil should add to the slippery consistency and put off a bit more smoke. I might get a pure licorice extract and see if that adds to sweetness or if i can find a miracle berry. If I can find it, some anise maybe... just a little bit, especially if it's star anise and even less of a dab of clove for extra zing.

THEN.... I'm going to take peachy and add the strongest fruit oil or extract I can find.... I will try making both and see which one fairs better. I am going to look around for those candy flavors too.

I might even try a small batch of spearmint. That might be fun.

This is going to be interesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hazelnut oil when burned is nothing like hazelnut but it is going to be good on my fish.

I learned that the candy flavors often had ingredients such as basic orange oil.... which IS a bit sweet when burned...as is cinnamon oil.... mint oil has taste that is not disintegrated by high heat as well. I find that the natural ones tend to be more rather than the imitation. take the imitation cherry for example, BOLD smell and taste but burned- hardly recognizable. Although i was not too impressed by pure vanilla it did have somewhat of a taste as did almond extract. Anise puts off a lot of taste but I'm not very partial to it in this manner for some reason... too overwhelming. glycerin itself puts off a very sweet smoke. for the sticky I looked at raw agave which I couldn't taste, nor could I take stevia for sweetness.... honey I could mildly taste.

k.... so i'm making two kinds. Orange/cinnamon and a sweet spearmint. *crosses fingers*

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That sounds good but do you really want to deteriorate the taste of the tobacco so much though? Oh and no, do not use chewing tobacco to burn, it is extremely wet unless left out to dry bad idea that one. Good luck in your experiment.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I am a smoker and have smoked just about everything that burns...when I was reading through your OP I was thinking about my grandfather soaking his pipe tobacco in a little brandy and then letting it dry again. I don't know if it was because he was a raging alcoholic or if it truly made the tobacco taste better. Either way, I can remember it smelling super good and he sure smoked a ton of it...so there has to be something to it.

Good luck with your hypothesis...and you journey into making a better mix!

new topics

top topics

join