It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next US defense chief : All options are open on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That's just nice.

Haaretz news ticker

Expected to head Pentagon, Panetta says all options are open on Iran (Ch. 10)

Can Obama start a 5th war? Yes he can!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

There is going to be a false Flag soon in the Westernized World; This is just a prediction but i think it will initiate world war 3

There is always a great depression before the World wars and just like today we are going to be forced to go to War.

People need jobs and they will re-instate the draft.

The depression is actually what TPTB needed to start WW3 So they can get a mass amount of People jobless to become the soldiers in WW3.

GET READY FOLKS

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What would you rather have them say?

Um...yea we will never do anything to Iran? Get real for a minute and think about the politics. They need to appear strong to Iran if they ever want to have any chance of slowing down their nuke program. They've also said this about N.Korea but I doubt we are going to invade there anytime soon.

This is usual government diplomacy.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have two thoughts on this:

1.) We do NOT need to do this, and I think that we won't strike until we are either hit by them, or frame them for striking us first. My gut feeling: major cyber attack (think: Live Free Or Die Hard); the Pentagon just ruled that can be considered an act of war.

2.) I leave for Air Force Basic Training on July 4th, and I'll be trained to be an Aerial Gunner Apprentice (either HH60 Blackhawk or AC-130 Gunship). Chances are: I may be one of the guys shooting them ...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I doubt we will have too since Israel will probably take the lead in any strike against Iran.

I say let them have the bomb since history shows that countries who do obtain it become more responsible than they were before they had it and Iran has a very decent populace. It's the government leaders that are giving that country a bad name.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It would actually be a 6th war:

Afghan, libya, iraq, pakistan, and now just recently Yemen.

If war with Iran started it would be a 6 front war.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
you better believe they have every possible outcome layed on the table right now. these guys really are amazing, they go through every situation, every detail of what they would do in that situation. i mean it must take years and years of experience AND failures to accumulate that level of preparation.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Israel will not strike Iran until Pakistans nuclear weapons are dismantled. That is the reason there is a US crackpot specops team of nuclear recovery boots in Pakistan right now. They do not want to risk bad blood with Pakistans nukes. Once Pakistans nukes are disabled, the green light for Israel to attack Iran is up.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
With headlines like this. This will be going down soon

The day after Iran's first nuclear test is a normal day' A bizarre article on a Revolutionary Guard website breaks a taboo by anticipating the impact of an Iranian bomb

link

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tyson45

Years or planning went into the Iraq/Afghan war yet 6000+ dead US soldiers. To put that into perspective, that is 60 buses full of people (assuming each bus holds 100 folks), or 1500 automobiles with 4 people each. A thousand cars takes up a whole mall parking lot. Imagine a mall parking lot full of cars, 4 people each, that is how man US soldiers are dead even with all the planning in the world.

Don't get me started on wounded.
edit on 9-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yes he can.christ we the empire cannot have a country not paying their taxes and not succeeding into the IMF

This cannot happen every country needs to secede to the impirical rule this is the only way

edit on 9-6-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

and may god bless them for there service and what they do for us. im sure there are the sleezballs who just want war because its war, but i know for a fact that there are a lot of hard working men and women in the intelligence office that try and keep us safe everyday.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by tyson45

Years or planning went into the Iraq/Afghan war yet 6000+ dead US soldiers. To put that into perspective, that is 60 buses full of people (assuming each bus holds 100 folks), or 1500 automobiles with 4 people each. A thousand cars takes up a whole mall parking lot. Imagine a mall parking lot full of cars, 4 people each, that is how man US soldiers are dead even with all the planning in the world.

Don't get me started on wounded.

I believe that number of casualties would qualify as a success given how long the war has gone on. It is always sad to see military people die in conflict but keep in perspective the Afghan war compared to other conflicts we have fought.

Like 60,000 dead in 3 days at Gettysburgh for an example on the other side of the spectrum.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Actually casualties specifically includes killed and wounded. I am just talking about killed. If you want to talk about casualties:

US Military killed 5,921[104]
US Military wounded 42,673[104]
US Civilians killed (includes 9/11 and after) 3,000 +
US Civilians wounded/injured 6,000 +
Total Americans killed (military and civilian) 8,800 +
Total Americans wounded/injured 46,000 +
Total American casualties 54,800 +

That is 55,000 US casualties on the war on terror (military + civilian).

Source for stats: siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil...
It is directly from the military.

To put that into perspective that is 16 casualties per day for the past 10 years.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Actually casualties specifically includes killed and wounded. I am just talking about killed. If you want to talk about casualties:

US Military killed 5,921[104]
US Military wounded 42,673[104]
US Civilians killed (includes 9/11 and after) 3,000 +
US Civilians wounded/injured 6,000 +
Total Americans killed (military and civilian) 8,800 +
Total Americans wounded/injured 46,000 +
Total American casualties 54,800 +

That is 55,000 US casualties on the war on terror (military + civilian).

Source for stats: siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil...
It is directly from the military.

You may have me on the numbers there as those are certainly horrible to look at but I am curious as to how much higher the statistics would be for other wars. I am not military but from what I understand we do conduct better researched and better informed military operations today than we have in the past.

If i'm correct in assuming that past conflicts eclipse those numbers you posted than the other poster would be right in saying that more planning certainly helps reduce casualties.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

and i would shiver at the thought of another attack on our country. theres no taking away from the fact that death is awful, especially when its our own troops fighting for us. but thats what makes us as americans proud, that we have people fighting for are freedom, that sends a message around the world. were not fighting because we want there land, were not fighting because we like death, were fighting to preserve the way we live. nd i thank are troops everyday for that

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tyson45

This war on terror is breeding more terrorsists. The 9/11 attack was in response to Unilateral US support of israel and the war in iraq in '91 as well as US bases in the holy land. This is not a war on terror. This is the crusades. The US is now at a 5 front war with 5 muslim countries. If that is not crusades, then I do not know what is.

reply to post by kro32

Other wars with people just as equipped? In vietnam we lost a lot more US soldiers. This is not a modern war. It is the worlds most powerful military vs a 3rd world nation. That is why US numbers are somewhat low.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

There is going to be a false Flag soon in the Westernized World; This is just a prediction but i think it will initiate world war 3

There is always a great depression before the World wars and just like today we are going to be forced to go to War.

People need jobs and they will re-instate the draft.

The depression is actually what TPTB needed to start WW3 So they can get a mass amount of People jobless to become the soldiers in WW3.

GET READY FOLKS

Idk so much about the draft. If they DO initiate that then I think people in this country will revolt against it. Then again by the looks of things, many are still asleep. I do however agree that there will be another FFO sometime soon. The least little bit we feel secure BOOM!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by tyson45

This war on terror is breeding more terrorsists. The 9/11 attack was in response to Unilateral US support of israel and the war in iraq in '91 as well as US bases in the holy land. This is not a war on terror. This is the crusades. The US is now at a 5 front war with 5 muslim countries. If that is not crusades, then I do not know what is.

reply to post by kro32

Other wars with people just as equipped? In vietnam we lost a lot more US soldiers. This is not a modern war. It is the worlds most powerful military vs a 3rd world nation. That is why US numbers are somewhat low.

Are you implying that we should not support Israel or have defended Kuwait when Saddam invaded. If you agree with those actions than I see little choice of how we wouldn't get sucked into conflict over there. We could have bowed down to the Muslim nations I guessed and not tried to offend them but America usually doesn't work like that.

We did what we thought was right in those two situations and if that pisses off the Muslim nations enough to go against us than we will strike back. I would hardly call any countries actions a repeat of the Crusades however as the goals are totally different.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

and those terrorist want to kill you! and that is not true because 90% of young muslim recruits dont even know what 9/11 is! trust me the evil men who want to kill us and are way of life dont need a war to recruit more vulnerable kids to kill americans. these men live in dirt poor conditions and are looking for a way out, and if someone is going to pay them 200 bucks to stash some guns or shoot an ied at a humvee there going to do it. war is a last resort of a failed state. i welcome this debate though..i think its important that we still talk about these wars becuase too many seem to forget.
edit on 9-6-2011 by tyson45 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join