It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to ATS in the last 3-4 Months?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Lately I have been coming here and it just seems that there are no relevant and informative topics to discuss. I'm not sure what is going on but it is VERY clear that something is going on. The only topics that seem to be popping up are from newbies who are just seem to be wingin off of yahoo weird news and stuff like that. What happened to everybody? Did they go to another website and not tell me about it?

Take for example DimensionalDetective who was always one of my favorite posters. Just gone and vanished without a trace. It was all downhill from there. I go to New Topics and I rarely find anything that is of any interest anymore to even comment on, and if I do its off sheer boredom.

There used to be more educated people around here posting some very forward ideas and such now it just seems like its just one big freak show with really left wing people voting. IMHO of course!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Take for example DimensionalDetective who was always one of my favorite posters. Just gone and vanished without a trace.

Well, one of his wacky, hilarious threads got to close to the REAL truth the other week, so us here at the disinformationist organistaion kidnapped him and cooked him in a quiche.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There are still plenty of amazing threads on ATS
It has grown though, so there are more varied topics
Since I am not an isolationist I believe this to be a good thing

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

It's all right.

I lose it once in a while too.

I try to add some worthy content, but sometimes it just seems to be a waste of time. This is where opinions come in to play.

Make a good thread and contribute.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
DD might want you to enlighten him for a change.

edit on 9-6-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Proto is gone too, but before that and for the last several months I have noticed an influx of new members. People are waking up as the systems they have grown up with are no longer working the same way. The arms of the flag wavers have grown tired during the extensive resource wars which so no end in sight. Politicians act as pacifiers to those who vote for them until they get into office and then they take their order from the shadows.
It's not so much what has happened to ATS as much as it's what has happened vibrationally. When people start to wake up they have many layers of illusions to shed and that takes time and processing. Those who have moved on will serve in another way and I wish them the best.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I think a lot of the newer members and thread creators are just bored. Hence the re-posts of news.

I omit myself from said group however. (for the most part)

Besides my joke threads I do try and make threads worth reading.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm working on a new thread. It's from a cognitive study done last year. I'm reasonably sure its not been covered here. I don't know if it's anything you'd be interested in, but I can shoot you a u2u when I post it. It's a bit lengthy though.

ETA: I definitely notice the absence of the aforementioned members. And have noticed zorgon has been missing too.
edit on 6/9/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 6/9/2011 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

How did this thread get over 250 flags?

Definitely it is worth looking at, but no matter what, it's a YouTube video like all the rest. It never looked promosing in the first place. (Yet was represented as 'proof') And it was explained early on without anyone taking the explanation:

Explained on page 5.

Repeated explanations here.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have noticed the same things. Even wrote a thread about it. I decided that I would rather contribute threads that I was looking forward to reading and maybe that would make others do the same..... I was WRONG! Not only did I work harder for threads, but they were ignored more then the ones I didn't work to hard at.

I guess until I get tired (I'm almost there), I will remain here. I am sure there are sites out there that are becoming aware of what members here are thinking, and are looking to have their sites grow. Its still a business.

Peace, NRE.

I hate to think that a year or so from now, some of us will say "Hey, anyone remember ATS?", the question would be like one thats asked about an oldie but goodie (in the past).
edit on 10-6-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I believe people are waking up to the fact that we are all ignorant and there is no denying that truth. ATS is full of smarter people; whereas here at "BTS" the topics are more easy-going and less controversial. Plus, being "an experienced contributor to ATS" has gotten boring and tiresome. Maybe some fresh air and sleep will do all of us good.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes boncho my point exactly!

reply to post by Klassified

I look forward to it and will be sure to check it out!

reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well nothing lasts forever I suppose....its just that I usually get inspired towards new research when I came here and lately I have not.

reply to post by pikypiky

You remind me that perhaps not all is lost and maybe I am just tired to.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Lately I have been coming here and it just seems that there are no relevant and informative topics to discuss. I'm not sure what is going on but it is VERY clear that something is going on. The only topics that seem to be popping up are from newbies who are just seem to be wingin off of yahoo weird news and stuff like that. What happened to everybody? Did they go to another website and not tell me about it?

Take for example DimensionalDetective who was always one of my favorite posters. Just gone and vanished without a trace. It was all downhill from there. I go to New Topics and I rarely find anything that is of any interest anymore to even comment on, and if I do its off sheer boredom.

There used to be more educated people around here posting some very forward ideas and such now it just seems like its just one big freak show with really left wing people voting. IMHO of course!

Totally agree with what you have said, things have changed recently on ATS....

You can work really hard at putting a thread together and get not much interest or responses, and it just vanishes without a trace. But write something that is totally useless, like, "Is my gerbil the new Jesus?" and you get stars and flags galore........

Weird, or maybe that's just the world we live in now............

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Weird, or maybe that's just the world we live in now............

Boy I sure do hope your wrong about that one........I have to believe that you are even if your not though cuz it helps me sleep at night!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I too see a change. Though I do not post much, I do read a lot and most of what I see is bashing. Why would you want to post here if people are always knocking you down, making fun and light of what you want to say. It is discouraging. It is funny sometimes, but when you know someone is serious and wants to post on ATS to be informative, to educate and to just simply pass on some thing interesting, you should respect that.

I see a lot of posters here. It is supposed to be a sight for truth but every time someone claims that something is true all I see are replies questioning the truth of post versus helping that poster with answers they are looking for or insight to what they are thinking.

I think it has gotten down right nasty how some of the posters speak to each other. All I can do to avoid getting into the negativity is to not read those posts and not even log in at all.

This sight is a place where we can put our heads together versus butting heads.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

call me.. crazy?

but i have to agree with you, cover the true and worthy threads with a hundred layers of garbage threads, and you have the most viable way to stop people from accessing worthy thoughts and viable theories about what may actually be going on.

i know i still frequent this website, b/c there are others i trust less, but i have to say, i am beginning to doubt the leadership of this website and the veracity of our 'armchair geniuses'

if i were a dis-info/mis-info agent, and was looking to either lead people in the wrong direction, or cast doubt about what could really be going on, i would come here, i would make a thread and act as unreliable as possible, there'd be no way someones gonna follow that crazy guys theories, blah blah blah. but all along that thread could have been the real deal, and it gets swept under the rug.
there are countless other examples im sure that you may have noticed.

whatever, it makes for a good largh when nothing else mattress.

new topics

top topics

join