It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist: Black hole has breached Earth's core

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

She actually has several published papers. They must not have been looking very hard.

I think the key word is "peer reviewed". Any of those?
edit on 6/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, I was rather surprised. Go pop her name with google scholar, she's published in a few mainstream physics journals, like American Physical Society and American Astronomical Society.

She's also a lady after my own heart on one ca-razy idea, although I didn't read her stuff deeply, she thinks that time is proceeding at a different rate as you get farther from the singularity/bang. I had idly wondered long ago if as the universe expands, and the mass of the Universe as a whole spreads out to lower and lower densities, if the changes in gravitational 'density' wouldn't change the average time rate of the Universe little by little. I think she might be formalizing that, but I didn't spend any time reading it. Heh.

ETA: then again, I also long ago wondered if you could prove we were in a black hole, and the microwave background was noise from particle infall rather than the remnants of the 'bang'. It's amazing what enough margaritas can do.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I think the key word is "peer reviewed". Any of those?

Ha! I think you'll find that's two words! All these years and I finlly got you making cock up! You must feel so bAd noW!

If Stephen Hawking tells me there is a black hole at the Earth's core, I'll listen. Even if he says there is a black hole down the pub. This ladyboy couldn't convince me that the sun is out while my nose is burning.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Karilla because: of missing hole.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I think she's just another scientist here to try and blame the devastated state that humans have left earth in, on nature.

People still don't wanna own up to the reality, we murdered a PLANET. That's not an ant hill, that's a human hill...

The planet has been murdered? When did this happen? It's still spinning, people are still living their lives, animals across the globe are still eating, pooping, reproducing, living, and ultimately dying, just like has been happening for millions upon millions of years. How exactly have we, or anyone/anything murdered the planet?

The Earth has gone through incredible changes over billions of years, changes that make look like what's happening right now less than a hiccup. So what exactly have humans done to the planet that's so bad it can't recover in a figurative blink of an eye?

I think your arrogance about the power of the human race is unfounded. On a global scale humans are nothing. Once we are gone, the planet will continue as is did before our arrival. Are you under the impression that for billions of years the Earth has been exactly the same, and only within the last few thousand years stuff started changing? Millions of species have disappeared over time Whats around now, even what was around a few thousand years ago is absolutely nothing compared to all the creatures that have had their time on this planet.

Us Humans are just another creation of the earth, who live our lives and do what we can. Only the extremely arrogant think that we are so powerful as to effect a system that has been working for eons, and will continue doing such far after we are gone.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

what ho? hast thou taken up the role of feare-monger, oh knight?

Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle once published a collection of Black Hole Sci-fi stories by themselves and other authors sandwiched between actual scientific articles concerning the subject. [back in the 80's]

for those poo-pooing, this is actually in the realm of possibility the only catch is getting a micro black hole into the earths gravity well

of course it couldn't have come from outer space or spat out by the sun.

it would have to have been created here on earth and "dropped"
it's so dense/heavy/massive it would fall towards the center of the earth go through or past it come out the other side and fall back sucking in matter as it goes
the reason it doesn't evaporate is because the matter it sucks in keeps it open and it WILL gradually expand

as the earth turns it would never "pop up" in the same place.

however i dont think this is actually happening at the moment. it would get more and more noticeable IMO

of course it could explain the hum, the sinkholes, and a lot of other weird stuff going on at present

oh and Riofrio means Coldriver in spanish

though she looks quite hot in a space suit
edit on 10-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

edit on 10-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: again, spellcheck

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

LOL

i hate it when that happens [see pun in my previous post]

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

What is causing the geomagnetic field flux? Why have regions of the field ripped and collapsed exposing Earth to the solar max fury rapidly approaching in 2012? Why is the Earth's core seemingly spinning crazily out of control and behaving in a way never before seen?

Scientist L. Riofrio thinks she knows: a black hole may be inside stars including the sun. Riofrio thinks a black hole has breached our planet's core and may be about to release literal hell on Earth.

Riofrio describes the field as a plume of magnetism emanating from Earth's super-hot core. She says it wraps itself around the Earth in a complicated matrix of shimmering energy.

The field also interacts with the sun and may even be influenced to a degree by shifting ocean currents.

(Source)

The lady doesn't have a professional site. Why would that be? Are you sure Mrs. Riofrio is even a real person let alone her black hole monster that's going to eat the Earth theory? I mean, the photo used in the blog talking about the Earth eating black hole looks like a pic jacked off a Russian dating site giving the first obvious indication this is all an idea hatched in maybe a long line of such attempts to see if such pursuits in creative blogging will have any internet legs. No pun intended. Actually it is a pun regarding the pic.

Did you personally cook this one up on your own?

edit on 14-6-2011 by LadySprings because: to add this community.history.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So are they talking of a SOL based energy or a energy sitting below EA? Trying to understand where is this supposed location.
edit on 6/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySprings

See my person/pic comparison on page 2 LadySprings. Me thinks the she is a he ;-)

If not, her twin brother is the physicist and shes tryin to steal his thunder

Silver

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
reply to post by LadySprings

See my person/pic comparison on page 2 LadySprings. Me thinks the she is a he ;-)

If not, her twin brother is the physicist and shes tryin to steal his thunder

Silver

lol this story really turned out to be so confusing..so much that i forgot about the black hole in the heath of our planet!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I know!! Talk about a weird turn of events. I was curious why no info came up on her and started googling a few different strings and came across Louis, not Louise and whalla, twin pics.....weird to say the least.

Silver

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a black whole in the sun?, didnt know the sun had an empty shell

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join