It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita, Kansas Experiences Rare 'Heat Burst' Overnight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I personally think we are going to be in for a lot of new weather phenomenon and rare ones too. We are in for a roller coaster ride from now on.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Sorry, I had some heavily spicy food and I stepped outside.
The rest is history.

No but really for an area to jump 20 degrees, it means that somewhere else it must have been what my kids would have called, Hellahot.

Where did this super heat come from? maybe the cme the other day??timing?

(Edit)
Would the high pressure zone in a "heat burst" situation cause peoples ears to pop?
Are there any reports of peoples ears popping?
edit on 10-6-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Never heard of a "Heat Burst" either.

Could this be from the Sun?

Very Strange...

It explains exactly what it is in the article.. posting without reading doesn't help much.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I remember this being mentioned in some class or another, and recall it is fairly uncommon.

Whew! I can tell ya I'd rather read about it, than experience it. Creepy!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think it was a giant cloaked UFO. Or possibly an atmospheric hole in the magnetosphere.

I'm not an expert but I have studied weather phenomenon and this isn't unheard of. It is however, it is a total mystery to science. Everything on the books about it is entirely theoretical.
Anyone there have a geiger counter?
Snow blanketing african deserts, unprecedented spring heatwaves, droughts, arctic hurricanes, earthquakes in frequency and location on previously unknown faults.....

edit on 10-6-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Last night I was almost asleep when my NOAA weather radio went off. It was alerting me to a high wind warning in johnson county,ks which is 30 minutes from me. It said that winds could be in excess of 60 mph that these winds could cause damage. It also said to treat the wind warning like a severe thunderstorm warning.
It mentioned that tempatures could climb with the heat burst. I have lived in the midwest for 36 years and have experinced microbursts,thundersnow,tornados, cold air funnels but I have never heard of this. I really feel that more and more rare phenoma is happening due to a naturally occuring climate change.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This sounds very fishy to me....

One: Unheard of weather phenomena

(I've been amateur chasing storms for 5 years, and of all the things I have heard of never, not once was this type of event mentioned)

Two: With the reports that HAARP possibly caused the Japan Quake could it be that HAARP was trying to create a major weather event?

Three: 70MPH winds then a 20 degree temperature spike in the middle of the night? This backs my belife that HAARP was used during the late night when they expected no one to notice or capture the event on camera... The cover of darkness is the oldest trick in the book.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aceto

I guess you believe everything you read.

Must be nice not to have questions.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Very cool find, nice post. This sort of stuff is why I'm on ATS.

Wonder if it's linked to the large solar flare that happened on the sun a couple days ago?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

That's what I was wondering...

Before I was called an idiot.

Inferring I didn't read the article...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretNebraska

(I've been amateur chasing storms for 5 years, and of all the things I have heard of never, not once was this type of event mentioned)

Two: With the reports that HAARP possibly caused the Japan Quake could it be that HAARP was trying to create a major weather event?

Three: 70MPH winds then a 20 degree temperature spike in the middle of the night? This backs my belife that HAARP was used during the late night when they expected no one to notice or capture the event on camera... The cover of darkness is the oldest trick in the book.

I can see if no one had heard of this but this has happened before. It happened in 08' some members posted about it.

I found a link
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretNebraska

1. Some people who have a basic/intermediate/advance understanding of meteorology have heard of this phenomena before...
Kinda shocking you never heard of it, if you been chasing storms for five years..
But eh its a rare event so whatever.

I doubt they say before your briefing(or whatever you guys do to plan)
"WATCHOUT TEMPERATURES MAY RISE 20+ DEGREES IN 20 MINUTES"...

lol

edit on 11-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
that was crazy i was outside when it happened

top topics

<< 1   >>

join