It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trucks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

nice work I have a similar setup full cage. King coilovers up front with king bumps.. king bypass in the rear with deaver race leafs. suspension is 14" of limited dropout. I have mastercraft seats that need upholstry and 5 points. but they are to old to race now I intended to race short course and desert in Cali.

theres a bunch of stuff inside took out the ashtray put in a flipout 7" LCD and DVD in the center console. clarion head jams well through the rough stuff.. I will get pics of everything one day. its 4x4 with lengthened and plated I beams heimed radius arms and steering. so much to list lol the $$ just keeps going into it

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Probably the most expensive sport EVER.

Mines just for fun, I couldn't afford to race.

Getting upgrades soon. Got a line on Foxracing shox through a buddy. Going to do bumps and switch the king smoothies to bypass in the rear.

Front cycles 15" strapped and 18" in the rear.

Not too much desert in Montana? But I bet w/ the 4x your ford stomps in the snow!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have a 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 5 Speed with Posi traction (aka TracLok) .

In two wheel drive It's alot of fun to drive with the torquey 6 cylinder and cold air intake and 5 speed.

It actually corners really good with Bilsteins all around and the posi rear end keeps the rear tucked in in the twisties.

In 4x4 I mount 4 Blizzak Snows and boy is it ever Fun in the snow and off road. I have never been stuck which is the advantage of the 5 Speed stick off road.

You can feather the clutch and combined with the posi rear end, providing power to both rear wheels, you can crawl out of normally stuck situations on your own without spinning...I've never had to use my tow hooks or to be winched out in 13 + years of wheeling.

I have taken non offroaders out in my Jeep rock crawling here in the Granite State and watch their eyes get as big as saucers !!

I love my Jeep !

edit on 13-6-2011 by nh_ee because: Its a Jeep Thing !

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Why we Love our Trucks ....

Here's a Truck story from a guy on the JeepCherokee forum who unfortunately hydrolocked his 97 Jeep 4.0 Engine while out wheeling.....

It was a Complete submersion of the front end up to the throttle body which was actually completely filled with water.

He removed the spark plugs drained the water out ( of the top end) and drove home.

Upon getting the Jeep home, he changed the oil and after another 20 miles of driving he changed it again in order to remove all remnants of water from his Oil system.

It drove fine for about 3 weeks he says, but one day while getting on the gas and climbing an on ramp he apparently blew a rod right out of the side of the engine.

OOPS !

But this is the Truck story...and where it gets good.

He actually Drove it HOME (albeit in 2 stages)..but it never needed a TOW 5 cylinders and all !

Now that is a TRUCK For Ya !

And why we love our Trucks !!!!

www.cherokeeforum.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My brother had one tough truck, he actually built it from spare parts if you can believe it.

He worked at a wrecking yard at the time and found an early 90's s-10 4x4 that was hit in the front. He picked up the truck as a whole for $100 and trailered it home. He took the frame in to get it straightened because it was slightly tweaked, but aside from that, he just picked up and swapped parts for those at the yard he worked at. He replaced the cab, doors and started to do some misc. body work by buying some patch panels. I did motor work for him and got the little six running strong and even fixed up a Cat free exhaust for him.

He picked up a set of super swampers and boy did that little truck have some gusto. I've never seen a stock height, stock engine truck with a good set of tires ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to get stuck in the mud. He tried, he pulled into a pit, stopped, waited for a few minutes, and stomped on the gas to try and get it stuck. A little bit of sinking, but it would walk out of the deepest mud holes.

Too bad he had to sell it, but it was a great truck, and a blast to ride in. Had he kept it for a year or so longer, I'm sure it would have had some nice paint on it and looking pretty sharp.

King

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Some nice rides there ..
Pickups / utes whatever you Americans call them

This is a beast of a car
Holden HSV Maloo

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
Some nice rides there ..
Pickups / utes whatever you Americans call them

This is a beast of a car
Holden HSV Maloo

a friend of mine in OZ has one of those he custom made a flatbed for it to tow his 3 wheeler. im'a go look for the pic he is a master fabricator.

found some pics.. if I ever had a car it would be this one.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9bb4715b47.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b813148b71d.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7/10/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Aussie's have always been very inginuitive when it comes to conversions of some sort. Since they are limited on brands within their country, "making the best of it" sets the standard for most others.

Fantastic truck man, I have always like the Holden vehicles, but that is really creative and looks not only cool but completely functional. The only problem I see is that if you actually try and use it out in the bush, you are likely to get stuck. Looks great on the paved roads though.

King

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Some nice chevys on here.

Where I live and the kind of work I do (landscaping) I have to have a 4x4 truck....Last winter I got this little 89 chev K1500 Single Cab Short Box for 1900 bucks, 145,xxx miles, perfect interior, glass, paint, runs great, I had to rebuild the front end though (cv's, pittman are, idler arm, ball joints, tie rod ends, ect).. Its got some headers, 3 in exhaust into some flowmasters and an edelbrock air cleaner to let it breathe, some other bits and pieces here and there but the engine is mostly stock. Lifted about 7 inches on 35's, and still drives tight and straight, It is my first truck and I love it. I got some plans to do a solid front axle swap on it with a dana 44, maybe some lockers,a winch and bumper...That is if money permits.

edit on 22-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Nice truck. Here in Michigan I see that particular body style everywhere, so it's not really on my favorites list as much as the mid 70's trucks are, but I'm sure that given the rapid decay of the majority of them, they too will become classic trucks eventually.

On another note, finally managed to get a set of tires for my truck, and although stock equivalent, my 77 will be back and running within a few days. Long story short, I had a weatherchecked tire go out on one set of tires I had, and a sidewall blow out on the other set. I had two sets of tires, 2 new in each set, 2 at 25 percent tread and neither usable. So, given that I was looking for a set of used tires to replace the bad ones, I came across a guy with a host of goodies at his house, and I picked up another little goodie for my classic that will "step" up the look of it.

I purchased a step side short box from the guy for 200 bucks today. I hope to have it on the truck within a month or so because I have to replace the wood floor and weld a couple small holes, but other than that, it's in fantastic condition and a heck of a deal.

I will post pics of the lift kit, bed and other new parts when I get working on it, hopefully before it snows.

Anyone else have a sharp truck or project they would like to share?

King
edit on 3-9-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
There are lots of companies offering various designed truck equipment boxes. Now I am describing some of the best truck tool boxes. You can choose the best truck tool box.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: llmacgregor

Your truck looks beefy! Have a 08 F150 and I'm planning to add a 4" lift kit and 35" general tires Grabbers AT2. Most of my friends have the BDS lift system so I might choose the same route. I will post some pics next time.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Man the trucks were designed much cooler back then.

I got a gmc 2500, wish I could get a dually.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join