It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eglinton (Northern Ireland) farm workers 'escape tornado'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
First of all I have checked out the search and nothing has come up for this story.

I feel this needs its own thread as Ireland has been having unusual weather recently, and i feel that it may get lost in the Tornado thread.

On Wednesday 8th June 2011 Northern Ireland had what locals describe as a tornado ripe through there farm land

Ten people working at a farm in County Londonderry had a lucky escape after what they described as a tornado struck it on Wednesday afternoon.

BBC weather presenter, Cecilia Daly said the last couple of days had brought some unusual types of weather to various parts of Northern Ireland

"We have had torrential rain, thunderstorms, massive hail, and on Wednesday there was a report of a tornado near Eglinton around lunchtime," she said.

Link to full story

So more and more unusual weather from Ireland this time. It certainly seems like we are going through a great change in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the post!
Mother nature does seem to be going crazy doesn't she?

Are tornados common in Ireland. To be honest I've never heard anything about Irish weather except for rain and hangovers ( :

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i can vouch for that i live there, like today we've had all season's in one day. and we have been told to expect frost tonight also.

it's getting a bit "day after tomorrow" over here lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

You no, I'm over in the South East of the UK and today has been a strange one too.
Its been like three seasons all at once! Just no winter

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah the weather has been going mad here for the last couple of months at least.
It's getting to the point where you can leave the house in the morning, walk out into a howling gale, then have fairly pleasant spells of sunshine during the day, interspersed by heavy rain showers.

Oh yeah, and we're going to have frost for the next couple of nights apparently

I mean, we aren't known for good weather at the best of times, but come on... Frost in June

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cahlmac
Yeah the weather has been going mad here for the last couple of months at least.
It's getting to the point where you can leave the house in the morning, walk out into a howling gale, then have fairly pleasant spells of sunshine during the day, interspersed by heavy rain showers.

Oh yeah, and we're going to have frost for the next couple of nights apparently

I mean, we aren't known for good weather at the best of times, but come on... Frost in June

i found out whats behind the the weather here.

because if carlsberg did weather manipulation it be a damm site better than this lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You could be on to something there

Have to go now and buy heating oil again!!... IN JUNE!!

Ah well,..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cahlmac

Have to go now and buy heating oil again!!... IN JUNE!!

another conspiracy in itself

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fasteronfire
Are tornados common in Ireland.

As far as I'm aware tornadoes aren't common but the occasional one does pop up in the UK now and then, but most reports I've ever seen have been from the southern counties of England.

Weather here in west coast Scotland is the usual fare for summer, wet and miserable. Although we're still having to use a 15 tog quilt which is something I cant ever remember having to do. The heating is off and wont be going back on, thats what jumpers (sweaters) and fleeces are for.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

Yes you are right, we do seem to get the majority here in the South East of the UK. And the West Midlands has seen a couple too.
We had a strom over the Easter holidays and I was out in it taking photos

Managed to snap what looked like a very thin, weak funnel forming. Right above next doors house!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yep, Irish weather seems to be designed to keep you on your toes at the moment.

A friend and I were filming in Dublin yesterday, and it started out as a nice day, chilly but pleasant, but nice enough that the make-up department were applying sun block.

Then heavy black clouds came in and the temperature dropped dramatically - to the extant that you could see your breath - and it poured hail and rain.

Then the sun came out, and it was nicely warm once again.

I've never been sunburnt, and soaked by icy rain, in the same day before. Dontcha just love unpredicatble weather?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

The weather here yesterday was like that. Started off warm and sunny in the morning. Then by the afternoon we had heavy rain showers.

Around tea time the sky went black, the temperature dropped and i was waiting for it to hammer it down......and it never did! Just big heavy looking black clouds lingering there for a couple of hours.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here in Jersey, yesterday the temps were in the 100s and later on we got slammed by a big storm.
No twisters, luckily, but there was some STRONG winds and crazy lightning.
I hope this hurricane season isn't going to follow current weather patterns.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

I must say it is worrying what this years hurricane season might bring.
I hope that all in the most vulnerable areas stay safe.

new topics

top topics

join