It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Zombie Killers" For SHTF Scenario?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Wait for Kel-Tec's new KSG to come out, completely US made with no issues about making sure it is legal using the required US parts. You may know the Saiga 12's which require $300+ worth of swapping out parts for conversion just to make it legally above ten rounds so you can insert the 20 round magazine. The KSG will be a 15 round shotgun and it is scheduled to sell for less than the Saiga 12's are selling for right now due to rumors of their being banned in the new future. However, it is still a pump action shotgun while the Saiga 12 is a semi-auto firearm. An AK-74 is also a good choice, the 5.45x39 round is superior to the .223 due to it's abilities upon impact, just Google "Afghan War poison bullet".

You might want to fast forward to the last few minutes of his firing the KSG:
Kel Tec KSG
edit on 6-7-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
1500 is the budget you say? spend 500 on the rifle or shotgun, 500 on ammo, and 500 on Lyme. when the shtf, be more defensive, set up a massive hole where you can shove a zombie or trio of zombies into the hole, pour a cup or two of lime in the hole and see where it goes from there. it'll put the lyme on its skin or it gets the hose again. it does what its told
edit on 6-7-2011 by rockoperawriter because: lyme in the coconut

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

that is a sweet gun...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I had the Saiga 308. Was a great rifle and I love the 308 over the other calibers. But, I would vote for the 12g saiga. Convert it yourself. You can get a 12g drum, and stock up on ammo.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would say for $1500 you should buy two berreta M9s and just go akimbo. Spend the rest on amo. Or get a G17 then when shtf you can take ammo off dead cops. On second thought get a Remington 12 guage, cops use that two and any 12 guage ammo will work in it.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (Canadian Armed Fources)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
1500 dollars isnt much in terms of guns if you want to go big. a saiga or whatever the civilians ak is could go for minimum 600 dollars . and shotguns can start im guestimating at 600. the people that said bolt actions are smart their inexpensive and the stopping power is very good.

i would do a bolt action and a ak. and like alot of people also said id have a machete or a bat just in case.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
I have a couple handguns, but I'm in the market for a couple semi auto zombie killers...

My budget is 1500 bucks....

I'm leaning towards the Saiga .308(I like the .308 over the 7.62x39 for it's stopping power and versatility as a big game hunter) , and the Saiga 12g semi auto shotgun...

I would also put Tapco pistol grip conversions, and other fun toys, on them...

What do you guys think? Any opinions on better guns that fit into my budget?

edit on 9-6-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: ff

edit on 9-6-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarification on exact caliber

Saiga 12 with drum
Mini Draco w single piont sling and 47 rd clip
Kel-Tec P3AT w four 10 rd clips

Presto, and all under budget. How much $$$ for ammo?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
u can't carry more than one longarm, along with the other gear we'd all need to survive.. please explain how a gun you aint GOT can help you any? 12 ga shells are 10 to the lb so you wouldn't have very many. What's the matter, can't you hit the head with a rifle at close range, or what? Me, I would want a sound/flash suppressor on an M4 in 223 and also a .22lr conversion unit, for cheap practice and silent foraging of game, livestock, dogs, etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
lol the best gun i could own would be a BB gun and a few knives :p sad but true....
Wait what zombies are owning the place? Where're my BB's and cutlery!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
fire! in a heavily wooded area, a forest fire is very destructive in dry seasons. if you have a few road flares, some gasoline, a truck-boat-truck, a forest fire is a good way to kill zombies. after all the trees are gone and the zombie threat is obliterated it's time to grow some err umm... uhh... err... umm plants

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join