It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Zombie Killers" For SHTF Scenario?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andyr1112
Ok smart as. He was obiously reffering to 7.62x39 because he was talking about the saiga which is the legal ak for us people in gun controlled states which comes in (223,762x39,and 308) most people know this so wen he says 7.62 refering to saiga he means 7.62x39 happy to clear tht one up for u

You have me... The "obiosly reffering" in his post and yours should have been abundantly clear to me... Some how, it was not; it must have been "wen" you hit reply... But I'm not sure what exactly you were "refering" to "ak" as in the postal code for Alaska?

I'm, such a smart "as."

How about "tht?"

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

alright you two... no need to get all up in arms over my vagueness... Sorry if I wasn't more clear mirth, I should have been so for those who aren't familiar with the line... I'll fix it if I can still edit the post...

Thanks for having my back andy, but in the interest of keeping this thread on topic please just let it go...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Best zombie killer ever. EVER.

Draco AK, combination holographic/laser sight and a sling.

edit on 9-6-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Hmm, it's fun to pretend, but seriously, if you are wanting to buy a gun don't buy one for it's ability to kill fictitious creatures. By it for what you will truly use it for. Decide what you are truly needing one for then pic your gun base on that, not fantasy

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

c'mon man do you really think I'm buying a gun based on it's zombie killing capabilities...

I threw the zombie killer thing out there as a joke because of the recent zombie apocalypse preparedness thing that was put out by the CDC...

The idea is to be prepared for any type of situation....

So for those of you who don't get a twisted sense of humor a better question would be; Do you agree with my choices of guns or do you have better suggestions, within my budget, for all around defensive/tactical semi auto weapons in a SHTF situation?
edit on 9-6-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Honestly what will be your actual purpose for getting a gun? Does have to b an assault rifle or would u conssider hand gun or shotgun just curious

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andyr1112

First of all, as I stated in the OP, I really want two guns... and I have a 1500 dollar budget... I already have a couple handguns....

I want a 12g semi auto shotgun.... but may consider another weapon...

I also want a semi auto rifle... this one needs to be versitile, very tough and dependable... something within a 2 MOA with enough stopping power that I can use it for hunting big game in the 100 to 200 yd range... It also needs to look badass, since she's getting to that age, the kind of thing that will scare the piss out of a thirteen yr old punk who comes to pick up my daughter while I'm cleaning it....
....It also need to be easily converted to fully auto if in fact a shtf situation is ever truly emminent and the rule of law ceases to exist...

basically I just want a couple guns that will tear stuff up if, God forbid, I ever need to protect my family, but could also be used to put food on the table...hope this clears up your questions...
edit on 9-6-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Weare... don't mess around with a Saiga. Get you a Bushmaster in .308..much better assault weapon.
(Around $800.00)
12 Ga. ?...get a Remington, Mossberg or even a Browning. You should be able to get both for around $1500.00
(or less) Stay away from the chinese stuff. (Crap)
Good hunting.
Noro

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

where in the world did you see a bushmaster .308 for around $800... all the ones I've looked at have been in the $1100-1400 dollar range online and @ the local gun stores... please point me in the right direction...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For zombies there is no better weapon than a 12 gauge shotgun. What you need in order to kill a zombie is to knock out it's head and disable the body. 00 buck shot is perfect for this.

So I recommend going with a shot gun. If you absolutely need to have semi-auto go with either a Benelli or a Saiga auto-loader.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A Draco is only $400, but comes with cheesy grip and typical wood forend. My friend picked one up last year, and I shoot it all the time.

My friend picked up the ATI grip and forend kit, and love the grip. The forend could be a bit tighter, but it's nice quality. the ATI grip has to be the best AK grip I've ever felt, and everybody that he lets shoot it loves it. A holographic sight is perfect for zombie aquisition, with the laser for dusk and night work.

Tell me that's not a crazy awesome zombie gun!!

And one of the funnest guns at the range!! The muzzle flash and noise from the short barrel are Awesome!! Dump a 30rd mag rapid fire and everybody else stops what they're doing and wonders what the hell that was!!

Decently accurate for such a short barrel, too. I can break clays on a hill at 50-100 yds.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You can get 2 Draco's and dress em up for around $1200, and still have $300 for 1000rds ammo and extra mags!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have to say with 1500 to spend and you were wanting to go with something you can get about 500 rds of ammo at least with the rifle. As far as types of rifles how far are your targets?
Ar-15 maximum effective range at an area target is 750 meters 500 at a point target with iron sights. Here are some links I have ordered items from all these Co.'s
ATG is a great place to get cheap ar-15 ammo

Ar-15 parts kits complete minus stripped lower

The craigslist of firearms I have used this site a lot. Armslist

Usaammo Cheapest good match 308 ammo also 9mm HP. Usaammo

edit on 9/6/11 by Arkansas because: edit grmm

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by Noromyxo

where in the world did you see a bushmaster .308 for around $800... all the ones I've looked at have been in the $1100-1400 dollar range online and @ the local gun stores... please point me in the right direction...

I live in Texas, about 50 miles north of Houston. Saw one at Academy Sports. Don't know if you have those where you are. They had them in .223 (5.56) and .308 (Camo flavor) they may have been on sale at the time.
I think the .308 may have been a few bucks more. Also, I just saw an ad for a local gunstore (Carter's Country)
for a Smith&Wesson CAR-15 (.223) for $959.00. Not a bad price. (Still money left for a shotgun)
Check out their on-line add. They will ship where you are, if you're in the states.
www.carterscountry.net...
Good luck
Noro
edit on 6/9/11 by Noromyxo because: Add some additional comments

edit on 6/9/11 by Noromyxo because: Also Carter;s sells used firearms as well. I think they are the biggest firearms dealer in Texas. (That;s a lot of guns)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

No one has them in stock online. I know there is one at my local shop. Also there price has gone up to 750+

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Avoid the AR, avoid the .223, avoid the 5.53 rounds, and avoid any NATO round - they're all wimpy by comparison to a 7.62x39, which will rip your freaking guts out at up to 200 yards if you have your rifle setup correctly. AR's are too tempramental and aren't really as tough (yes, they're milled but it doesn't matter...can a tank drive over your AR and it still fire correctly?) ...what about getting sand all up into the receiver? No, I didn't think so. AK is the way to go, or SKS IMHO.

I'd suggest something like a Hungarian AMD-65 AK Variant, or other AK platform, with Ultimak rails, a reddot scope or other optic, forward grips, custom pistol grip, and cheek weld...I know that centerfire systems has them for $399 right now...

Otherwise, if you want something more traditional go the route of the Winchester 30/30 which is a lever gun, and thus is scoffed at by many, but you'd be surprised what a scoped 30/30 can do damage wise...or perhaps something in 30.o6 for long range stuff...

For close range, either go with a folded up AK like the AMD, or a shotgun with slugs or beanbags...
edit on 9-6-2011 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

Woah!! Really? They had a bunch of them at the local shop a year ago.

I just checked, and I think maybe somebody is trying to rip you off.

www.budsgunshop.com...

In stock, $360.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Here is my very 1st AR build. The upper and lower were all put together by me. I thought it would take about a year to build. I guess I got a little carried away and finished the rifle in about half the time. Can you blame me? I had a damn great time learning how to build and also teaching my friends on how to build their own. My goal was to build a lightweight tactical carbine. She weighs in at 7lbs 3oz. without optic. Im planning on picking up an Aimpoint PRO for the optic since it has good reliability and price. But for now, Im learning to be more proficient with the BUIS before I purchase an optic.

[B][U]Specs [/U][/B]
16” Midlength
Weight: 7lbs 30z.

[B][U]Parts[/U][/B]
Spikes upper and lower Recievers
RRA Lower Parts Kit
Magpul Furniture
Magpul BAD Lever
STAG ambi Safety
Heavy Buffer
BCM Charging Handle
LMT AR-15 BCG
Centurion Arms 16” Midlength Barrel Double Chrome Lined CHF
Spikes 13.2” SAR Rail
YHM Gas Block
Battlecomp 2.0
BCM BUIS (TROY Ind.)

edit on 16-6-2011 by jumb5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
you know they make drum clips for the reuger mini 14 these days it's too bad they don't have quick change barrels.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by andyr1112

Yea AZ is where its at man. They got it all there. For anyone who thinks its idiotic to stock up for zombies doesnt realize zombies r real! I seent em wiff my own eyes! You know in all the resident evil movies

zombies are only in the movie.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join