It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citibank confirms hacking attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

Apparently citi bank was hacked in may and they are now letting it out of the bag. Or rather they were forced to let it out since someone let the cat out of the bag. The article talks about how the hackers "The breach exposed the names of customers, account numbers and contact information." Pretty important for something that didnt get exposed till now
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-6-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I am really surprised I havent seen this posted on here, hopefully it hasnt, if it has everyone can chew me out. I saw this on fatwallet, anyway thought it was pretty important and hopefully you dont have a citi bank account. This can go along with the other people that got hacked for 300,000. I wonder if the courts will find that any miss doing is the account holder responsibility, at least if any money gets stolen. Good luck to all that it effects

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724

www.bbc.co.uk

"Customers affected by this incident should be on high alert for scams, phishing and phone calls purporting to be from Citibank and their subsidiaries," he added.
So what do we do if we get a call like this?

"Hello sir (or madam), I'm from Citibank, following up to make sure the security of your account wasn't compromised in the hacker attack. Can you please confirm you're the REAL account holder for me by giving me your date of birth and card security number?"

(Apparently that's the information the hackers are missing that they need to use the cards).

Trace the call and call the police? If they were smart enough to hack into Citibank, something tells me the call will be traced to a remote relay station somewhere that is nowhere near the caller's location.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That's messed up. I have a Sh*tty Acount. I guess I will keep a watch out on MYFICO.

top topics

join