It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Gravity Works!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My post came out wrong. I meant that I understand that your OP post more of a philosophical idea and not actually a technical post about how gravity works. (hence why I said i was in a literal mood.)

You would have been right if you assumed that I was just being silly. You shouldn't assume something that you could not have possibly known based on what I wrote. Enjoy your thread

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Gravity works in basically the same way as magnetism, in that we're looking at some aspect of a 3-D object "falling" into another dimension. It remains to be seen if it is the same dimension we're talking about in both cases. It's probably not, but only looks like it might be related, since a 3-D object falling into another dimension only has one way to go in both cases -- "in." But since we have only a few limited ways to see the effect of the hidden dimensions, they might easily look the same but really be completely different.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well i understand what the writer was getting at being context dependant of the ambiguous nature of his post which screams self help. Another title would have been more appropriate and not as misleading lol.
I decided to post out of disappointment that I still do not have a solid explanation of "gravity" in the cosmic/planetary context.
I haven't looked much into it so my apologies on not being "perfect" and a little ignorant I guess this is how we learn.

So what confuses me is when I enter a gravitron ride at the fair where I sit inside and it spins, so I am stuck to the wall. but if I attached myself to the outside I would be flung off.

on our spinning planet this is not the case apparently

please explain this or maybe we can just let it come to us

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

You are Gravity.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

You are Gravity.

I suppose that in a certain context that I *COULD* be considered gravity, however, that answer is far too specific for the purposes of this koan.

Thank you for your effort, though... keep trying!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join