It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Undefeated,"Palin’s Record Takes Center Stage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh come on...
exgov. Palin absolutely loves the attention the msm is paying her, good or bad.I don't exactly know what her agenda is but she and her company does have on the payrole publicist, ghost writers, a&r people etc. She likes to bad mouth and demonize he msm all the while using them for her own ends and becoming a media darling with whole sections of press devoted to covering her.

I'm not sure if she actually wants to be a player in the political areana but down the line she wants to be influential as much as Ophra; and she has a good start on that strategy by appealing to white people with her scripted rhetoric, good looks and folksy demeanor.

I don't know what Palins company www.washingtonpost.com... html is doing but whatever it is....they are doing it well.

Politically, Palin creeps me out but from a business standpoint; I really admire her for putting together a well crafted organization to promote herself. To what ends....I don't know.

edit on 8-6-2011 by whaaa because: pt pt

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Do you trust her with a nuclear weapon..... really, do you?
edit on 8-6-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

I don't trust anyone with a nuclear weapon......and since when does becoming president give you the power to start throwing nukes around....without a lot of back up from others?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Soros-funded Media Consortium called "The Big Thaw."

Soros-funded operation called Color of Change, explained how "it successfully urged several advertisers, including Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and RadioShack, to pull their ads from Beck's show."

45 organizations aided by Soros' support of the Media Consortium - "a network of the country's leading, progressive, independent media outlets."

Media Matters founder David Brock said his Soros-funded operation ($1.1 million) will "focus on [News Corp. CEO Rupert] Murdoch and trying to disrupt his commercial interests."

Unreported Soros Event Aims to Remake Entire Global Economy

Two years ago, George Soros said he wanted to reorganize the entire global economic system. In two short weeks, he is going to start - and no one seems to have noticed.

On April 8, a group he's funded with $50 million is holding a major economic conference and Soros's goal for such an event is to "establish new international rules" and "reform the currency system." It's all according to a plan laid out in a Nov. 4, 2009, Soros op-ed calling for "a grand bargain that rearranges the entire financial order."

The event is bringing together "more than 200 academic, business and government policy thought leaders' to repeat the famed 1944 Bretton Woods gathering that helped create the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Soros wants a new 'multilateral system," or an economic system where America isn't so dominant.

More than two-thirds of the slated speakers have direct ties to Soros. The billionaire who thinks "the main enemy of the open society, I believe, is no longer the communist but the capitalist threat" is taking no chances.

www.mrc.org...

While INET claims more than 200 will attend, only 79 speakers are listed on its site - and it already looks like a Soros convention. Twenty-two are on Soros-funded INET's board and three more are INET grantees. Nineteen are listed as contributors for another Soros operation - Project Syndicate, which calls itself "the world's pre-eminent source of original op-ed commentaries" reaching "456 leading newspapers in 150 countries." It's financed by Soros's Open Society Institute. That's just the beginning.

The speakers include:

* Volcker is chairman of President Obama's Economic Advisory Board. He wrote the forward for Soros's best-known book, 'The Alchemy of Finance' and praised Soros as "an enormously successful speculator" who wrote "with insight and passion" about the problems of globalization.
* Economist Jeffrey Sachs, director of The Earth Institute and longtime recipient of Soros charity cash. Sachs received $50 million from Soros for the U.N. Millennium Project, which he also directs. Sachs is world-renown for his liberal economics. In 2009, for example, he complained about low U.S. taxes, saying the "U.S. will have to raise taxes in order to pay for new spending initiatives, especially in the areas of sustainable energy, climate change, education, and relief for the poor."
* Soros friend Joseph E. Stiglitz, a former senior vice president and chief economist for the World Bank and Nobel Prize winner in Economics. Stiglitz shares similar views to Soros and has criticized free-market economists whom he calls "free market fundamentalists." Naturally, he's on the INET board and is a contributor to Project Syndicate.
* INET Executive Director Rob Johnson, a former managing director at Soros Fund Management, who is on the Board of Directors for the Soros-funded Economic Policy Institute. Johnson has complained that government intervention in the fiscal crisis hasn't been enough and wanted "restructuring," including asking "for letters of resignation from the top executives of all the major banks."

www.mrc.org...
Now ask yourself, self, have you been paying attention, are you watching world events, it all makes sense, it
all adds up if you have,

Soros,

Still Needed: A Sheriff of Finance

“We need a global sheriff.”
www.nytimes.com...
Those were the words of George Soros, the investor and philanthropist, ahead of the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting — not this year, or last year, but in 2008, a little more than a month before Bear Stearns neared collapse.

Bretton Woods system, we need a new one,
Soros,
en.wikipedia.org...

"Reorganizing the world order will need to extend beyond the financial system and involve the United Nations, especially membership of the Security Council,' he wrote. 'That process needs to be initiated by the US, but China and other developing countries ought to participate as equals."
Soros has given more than $7 billion to Open Society Foundations - including many media-savvy organizations just a

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now in light of the events of the last three years, do you begin to get the picture?

The Obama-Soros Connection

It was at a highly secretive meeting in the summer of 2002 that Soros, Morton Halperin, (the director of Soros’ Open Society Institute), John Podesta (the former Clinton White House chief of staff), Jeremy Rosner (a former speech writer for Bill Clinton), Robert Boorstin (a Democrat strategist and also a former speech writer for Clinton) and Carl Pope (a Democrat strategist and environmentalist) met to draft a plan to defeat President George W. Bush in the presidential election of 2004.

Ultimately, Soros would spend approximately $26 million of his own money in a failed mission to rid America of President Bush. It was through this effort, however, that Soros gave birth to a much more ominous cause, the “Shadow Party.” And the Shadow Party would eventually become the Obama Administration. And George Soros would become the master puppeteer for the President of the United States and the leader of the free world.

www.humanevents.com...

Now back to the uprisings,
Lybia,

Philanthropist billionaire George Soros is a primary funder and key proponent of the global organization that promotes the military doctrine used by the Obama administration to justify the recent airstrikes targeting the regime of Moammar Gadhafi in Libya.

The activist who founded and coined the name of the doctrine, "Responsibility to Protect," sits on several key organizations alongside Soros.

Also, the Soros-funded global group that promotes Responsibility to Protect is closely tied to Samantha Power, the National Security Council special adviser to Obama on human rights.

Power has been a champion of the doctrine and is, herself, deeply tied to the doctrine's founder.

According to reports, Power was instrumental in convincing Obama to act against Libya.

The Responsibility to Protect doctrine has been described by its founders and proponents, including Soros, as promoting global governance while allowing the international community to penetrate a nation state's borders under certain conditions.

Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

goodsensepolitics.blogspot.com...

UPDATE: Obama departed to Brazil where he personally strengthens Soros' oil interests there.

Out with Western oil, in with Russian and Chinese oil. Is it just coincidence that George Soros sold his Western oil stock and bought stock in Russia and Chinese oil companies, about three months ago?

Starting in 2009, George Soros invested heavily in Western oil companies in Libya. His investments brought enormous returns, and then at the end of 2010 he mysteriously sold them, and bought stock in Russian and Venezuelan oil.

Each Western company saw stock prices skyrocket over the last six months: Suncore Energy up 46%, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras up 15%, Occidental Petroleum up 36%, Marathon Oil Corp. up 61%, Conoco Phillips up 42%, Halliburton up 67%, Hess Corp up 57%.

Soros somehow knew to reduce Suncore stocks on New Years eve. Soros dumped almost all his holdings. Likewise, Soros dumped almost all of Halliburton on New Years eve. Same for Hess. Soros dumped almost all of Occidental at the end of September, along with most of Conoco Phillips. He dumped much of Marathon in June. Soros actually increased PBR but that might have more to do with its huge oil bock buy in Africa. Each company began to tumble over these last few days because of the bloody revolution in Libya.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Now what is Sarah for?

Drilling our own oil.

Breitbart mentioned yesterday that the MSM has a direct link to the white house, Obama's white house ordered by Soros, controls the media, MSNBC,

Boy did they cut that interview off fast, not even a response.

edit on 093030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The Otpor Connection in Egypt

The Otpor connection also suggests that there was at least some level of financial support for opposition groups from the US,

www.balkaninsight.com...
Otpor started during Clinton administration,funded by George Soros to out Milosevic

Wasla is published by the Arabic Network for Human Rights Information and financially supported by the Open Society Institute created by none other than George Soros. That wasn’t very long ago and Soros has a definite track record of rallying the youth to create chaos and revolt. This is a link between Soros and Egypt and the other riots as well. Of course, he is several levels removed as he always is, but this has his telltale stamp on it as well as his documented financial support.

noisyroom.net...

Mohamed ElBaradei: Globalist Pied Piper Of The Egyptian Revolt

ElBaradei serves on the Board of Trustees of the International Crisis Group, who today issued a press release protesting the decision on behalf of Egyptian authorities to place ElBaradei under house arrest.

International Crisis Group is a shadowy NGO (non-governmental organization) that enjoys an annual budget of over $15 million and is bankrolled by the likes of Carnegie, the Ford Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, as well as George Soros’ Open Society Institute. Soros himself serves as a member of the organization’s Executive Committee. In other words, this is a major geopolitical steering group for the global elite.

The fact that their man ElBaradei is being primed to head up the post-Mubarak government should set alarm bells ringing in the ears of every demonstrator who is protesting in the name of trying to wrestle Egypt away from the clutches of new world order control.

www.infowars.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don’t Be Evil? 10 Ways In Which Google Runs The World
www.infowars.com...

www.movements.org...

In Google (GOOG, Fortune 500), the $22-billion-a-year online-advertising Goliath, Obama appears to have found a corporate kindred spirit. Google executives, led by CEO Eric Schmidt and co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, are scary smart and supremely self-confident (much like the President himself), and despite their company’s growing power, they depict themselves as advocates for consumers.
The President relies on Google execs for tech and economic advice as his own regulators scrutinize the online-ad behemoth Money CNN

Because the company and administration are so like-minded, it should come as no surprise that Google executives soon found themselves assuming roles in the Obama administration.

Indeed, two of Obama’s economic tenets — support for more U.S.-educated engineers and the expansion of Internet services to poor and rural areas — grew out of a visit to Google headquarters in 2004, an encounter Obama recalls in his book “The Audacity of Hope.”
bunkerville.wordpress.com...
Google managers and employees were some of the strongest supporters of candidate Obama, donating around $803,000 to his presidential campaign, according to the website OpenSecrets.org. Among corporate employees, only staffers at Goldman Sachs (GS, Fortune 500) and Microsoft (MSFT,Fortune 500) gave more.

CEO Schmidt actively stumped for the candidate and served as an informal economic adviser during the campaign, and after Obama was elected, Schmidt and other Google executives forked over $25,000 apiece to help pay for the inaugural celebration.

Obama meets tech leaders for dinner
blogs.orlandosentinel.com...

The invite list:

•John Doerr, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers

• Carol Bartz, President and CEO, Yahoo Inc.

• John Chambers, Chairman and CEO, Cisco Systems Inc.

•Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter Inc.

• Larry Ellison, Co-Founder and CEO, Oracle Corp.

• Reed Hastings, CEO, Netflix Inc.

•John Hennessy, President, Stanford University

•Steve Jobs, Chairman and CEO, Apple Inc.

• Art Levinson, Chairman and former CEO, Genentech Inc.

•Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO, Google Inc.

•Steve Westly, Managing Partner and Founder, The Westly Group

•Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO, Facebook Inc.

US Gov. Software Creates 'Fake People' on Social Networks

OK I am tired,

And another one bites the dust,

never mind
edit on 103030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

"The Undefeated" was tested before focus groups of liberals who, according to the filmmaker, almost uniformly came away with a greater appreciation of Palin. This was especially true of women. Two different people told me that a liberal producer at a major television network (it was not Fox News) left the movie in tears after "realizing" how badly Palin had been treated by the media.

www.salon.com...

Well that just sounds so true that it must be.

Why were these people so ashamed to give their names then?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

"The Undefeated" was tested before focus groups of liberals who, according to the filmmaker, almost uniformly came away with a greater appreciation of Palin. This was especially true of women. Two different people told me that a liberal producer at a major television network (it was not Fox News) left the movie in tears after "realizing" how badly Palin had been treated by the media.

www.salon.com...

Well that just sounds so true that it must be.

Why were these people so ashamed to give their names then?

The blogs are listed,

I will wait and watch the documentary, and keep you updated, did you get a chance to watch the interview, also I don't have any reason not to believe them.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

I don't trust anyone with a nuclear weapon......and since when does becoming president give you the power to start throwing nukes around....without a lot of back up from others?

Don't worry, she will never become president. The fact that she couldn't finish her term as governor when the going got tough and instead chose to make millions abandoning the voters that put her into office brings up questions on her ability to be president.

Any of the Republican nominees who served as governors could simply rebuke statements from her by bringing up this fact.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The blogs are listed,

I will wait and watch the documentary, and keep you updated, did you get a chance to watch the interview, also I don't have any reason not to believe them.

I am not going to buy for one second that a liberla major network head came away from the movie so moved to tears over their preconception of Palin while not being moved enough to say who they were. Get me names and I will be interested in the interview. So far I see a movie advertisement.

"Liberals walked away changed people!"
"People fainted right in the theater!"
"Some people were so scared they couldn't stay till the end!"

I have seen these types of ads before. There is a reason people use names.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Anti,

Did you get a chance to watch the briefing?

www.ustream.tv...

I am still not finished,
BRB
taking notes

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I think the went into great detail about the term thing.

She may never run, who knows.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What I wish,

Make this about what is best for the country regardless of your political affiliations, please.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Huffington post sneak peak

BTW.

think Oil companies,

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
blog.oregonlive.com...

While the folks in Oregon's state Capitol are struggling to balance a tight general fund budget for the state of just under $15 billion, consider Alaska's whopping $12 billion surplus.

Yes, everyone knows Alaska is different because of its oil wealth. But what isn't so well-known in the continental U.S. is that this enormous budget surplus is largely due to the efforts of none other than Sarah Palin.

Atlantic Monthly's Joshua Green has a fascinating article exploring Palin's first 18 months as Alaska's governor, before she became nationally famous after Republican John McCain made her his surprise pick for vice president.

Green recounts howPalin took on the entrenched oil interests, which essentially ran the state and did a masterful job of keeping their taxes low (for one thing, they eliminated the state's corporate income tax). Palin won the governorship by going after the corruption the oil industry left in its wake, particularly among the GOP political establishment.

And, as governor, when she couldn't get Republicans to pass her tough tax proposals through the Legislature, she turned to Democrats for help. Palin reportedly even rebuffed pleas from Vice President Dick Cheney to go easy on the oil companies, which argued that the tax would be a job-killer. Think how many of Palin's fans in Oregon would have opposed her if we had this kind of debate down here.

Palin reportedly even rebuffed pleas from Vice President Dick Cheney to go easy on the oil companies,

I see, no wonder she is hated by the Washington insiders.

The Tragedy of Sarah Palin
www.theatlantic.com...

After taking office in December 2006, she kept her word and hired Tom Irwin, and other members of the Magnificent Seven. They devised a plan to attract someone other than the oil companies to build the pipeline, and they bid out the license to move ahead with it—to the deep displeasure of the oil producers, who vowed not to participate. Palin came under serious political pressure. Although she doesn’t mention it in Going Rogue, the Associated Press discovered that Vice President Dick Cheney called her at least twice that month. According to her aides, Cheney urged her to make concessions, but she didn’t.

That spring, the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act sailed to passage, helped along by criminal indictments in the Veco scandal, which were handed down just as the bill came up. Still, Palin was the deciding factor. A new pipeline plan had seemed unlikely when she took over, but she kept the legislature focused on the task.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Are you sure these people weren't just reading this website? I think I've seen people here do the same attacks on Palin.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Could you please link and comment on what it is you detest about her? What do you know about her?

I can

1.I think she is rather average in her inteligence (I know much smarter people on ATS).
2.I think she is very manipulative and catty
3.I think she is purely out for the fame
4.I personally hate her voice (that doesn't matter, but I feel that way)
5.Not only does she speak purely, PURELY in platiudes, she seems to think in platitudes, 0, critical thought

those are the things I tend to detest about her

What do you like about her that would pertain to her being the most powerful person in hte world?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Anyone from Alaska here? Let's hear what they have to say....

All I know is, my buddy, who is from Alaska, was just here to visit a couple of weeks ago. He said everyone in Alaska hates Caribou Barbie and kind of laughs at her. Sorry he's not a pundit for you guys to swallow his words, just a regular guy.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Anti,

Did you get a chance to watch the briefing?

www.ustream.tv...

I am still not finished,
BRB
taking notes

Nope. I need a good reason to watch an hour long ustream video. "The Bloggers Briefing" is not even gramatically correct. What is their profession? Anyone can make an hour long video about how much they liked Palin's movie and upload. Who are these people that I should care to hear what they think?

I get sick of asking for names.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You have already posted several of the exact same posts in this thread and this thread. How many threads are you spamming at once with the exact same posts? That seems a lot like propaganda to me. What is your actual agenda here? If it is honest and direct discourse, which thread do you expect the responses to be in?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join