It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
At first I though 2012 was a just a big hoax, a big misunderstanding of an ancient calendar. How could this possibly be possible? The feared apocalypse throughout history appears in my day of age. For me before 2012 was just a number or another year. But as this year goes by I begin to question, why are all these events occurring earth one after another. Could it be? Maybe earth is on it's period I would say. Everything where I live seems find and dandy with an occasional hurricane or fire now and then. But looking at the world and solar activity that comes about this year so far, the world seems like it's on the verge of meltdown. Even worse on meltdown, this is more of a what do you think thread for every body. At this point I have the question of asking you.

Has the events that occurred in the past year affect your viewpoint of 2012?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It´s clearly to see that our earth is undergoing changes in several ways. How it´s connected to 2012, who knows?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
depends if these events are human made or not... HAARP.....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
what scares people the most is the so-called "convergence" of prophecies - they claim that all these prophecies that were made are coming true all at the same time

The Dome of the Rock prevents convergence - the end of the world cannot begin to take place until the Temple is rebuilt at that site - and although there is a group of people fighting to get it torn down, its my understanding that most of the people living in Isreal have no problem with the Dome being there.
Do I think the earth is in the midst of a grand change? yup - I think it always is, always has been, and always will be - we just weren't writing it down long enough to notice
Nostradamus predicted the end would be in 4774 - that other scientist guy who was trying to crack the bible and who's name escapes me at the moment predicted 2060 - I do however, give Nostradamus more credibility than most - I'm keeping one eye on Ray Mabus :X
The Mayan calender does not end, just the long count which gets flipped over to January just like your calendar.
Elenin is proving to be just another comet - it won't even be as cool as Hale-Bopp (and all Hale-Bopp did was kill off some Heaven's Gate people through paranoia)

This is just the beginning - the truth is - Humans been praying for the end of time since the beginning of time. I think we're hardwired for it somehow, and its probably linked to our survival instinct, fear of death, and the idea that suffering is needless, therefore we should all suffer..... (yeah I know....shhhhh)

There are 2 main concerns on this planet if you want to get into realism
- A star exploding (our sun or otherwise close enough to reach us) in which a gamma ray burst would obliterate life - in that case there's no sense in worrying - we will have no idea that its coming (since it travels at the speed of light) and the first warning is that you're obliterated.
- An asteroid impact - which could technically happen any second - scientists agree with this, and they also agree there's absolutely nothing you can do about it - its not preventable and in most scenarios is not survivable, so no sense worrying there either.

Anything man-made that could cause mass die offs wouldn't actually kill everyone or end the planet - hell we even survived the last ice age and the black plague and a million other disasters - I wouldn't stress

At the end of the day, I do not think there's any reason we're special - we will not see the end of days in our lifetime. And I hope I'm wrong

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SparkOfSparks6

The fear is built up by the illuminati. I'm doubtful of total destruction, but 2012 could be the start of WW3 or extermination.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think 2012 is that certain subject that people prefer to dismiss like " I avoid everything mentioning 2012 " but there are at least a few theories that are nice to take a look at.

This the best website to find those rare threads where there are some serious discussions.

Many skeptics in here know their job and are informed about. Than there are a few debunkers who simply know very little about the subjects they 're trying to debunk...

The weird thing is that Stereologist hasn't yet replied in here. Must be on coffee break!!!! LOL

edit on 8-6-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

"Stereologist hasn't yet replied in here. Must be on coffee break!!!! LOL"

Oh, he'll be here shortly, just you wait!

Here, I'll do him a little favor and save him the few minutes he'd be spending by writing one of his typical, predictable posts. It goes a little something like this:

2012 is nothing but a hoax tale spun by hoaxers, frauds and liars. Nothing will happen in 2012. Everything that's happening in the world has always been normal, and always will be. There's no cause for alarm whatsoever. People that believe or are even interested in this stuff are delusional and gullible, and are merely buying into the lies of hoaxers trying to spread ''doom n gloom'' and make a couple easy bucks. Everything is normal. Learn science and educate yourselves. There's nothing out there orbiting the sun. Elenin is just a tiny little comet. It's a scientific impossibility that there's an incoming celestial body approaching, otherwise we'd see it. There's nothing to fear. 2012 is just a stupid hoax. In fact, the topic is of little popularity among most people, but I thought I'd stick around here day in and day out to tell you fine people that 2012 is a silly hoax spun by mentally disturbed con artists. 2012 is a hoax.

Does that sound about right, Stereo? I mean, think about how many people you can convince that there's ''nothing to see here''!

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
. Could it be? Maybe earth is on it's period I would say.

Earth is kinda cranky I guess?

Oh man....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by truthbringsfreedom777

Does that sound about right, Stereo? I mean, think about how many people you can convince that there's ''nothing to see here''!

Even though you seem to have a vague idea of the truth of the matter you seem particularly closed minded to the evidence. That's okay. Someone has to supply their moolah to the hoaxers out there.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
personally it would seem that the events leading up to 2012 have steadily increased in danger although, this could be due to the power of suggestion. as we draw nearer to an expected date of doom that coincides along with the actual events, we add a bit of sensationalism due to the fact that it's "expected".

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Well stated.

If charts of volcanic eruptions are viewed showing the eruptions over time we see that little has changed over the last 50 years. Still, we are more impressed with the shutdown of flights in Europe although shutdowns happen in other places and do not make the news as in Alaska.

Has volcanic activity been increasing?

Finally, we plot below the record since reasonably comprehensive reporting of global volcanism began in the 1960s. Note that the number of confirmed erupting volcanoes has leveled off between 50 and 70 per year through the past four decades, and a linear regression line through the data indicates that volcanism has been virtually constant.

new topics

top topics

join