It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

blogs.forbes.com

It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends. Under the guise of a proposed global “Small Arms Treaty” premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates” you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted – our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is just another avenue for the government, who fears its citizens, to try to steal our right to defend ourselves. This needs to be shared with everyone you know. I know it was written by an NRA member, but I happen to agree with his sentiments.

An unarmed country is an easily conqured country!

blogs.forbes.com

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Excellent post, we need to fight this down to it's very core. The arizona shooting wasnt enough to rally home support for the Obama regime to get rid of guns so now he's going an international route. No doubt once it's passed he'll stand up and apologize for how long it took his country to pass such a law.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

You know, I've never been much of political guy. But when you start messing with my right to defend my home and my family...I take it personally. The only people this law will hurt are the law abiding citizens that obtained their firearms legally. Criminals will not be detered because the UN says they're not supposed to have guns.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is under the guise of Agenda 21 and the Kyoto Treaty. The Kyoto Treaty was implememted in a summit in 1992 in Rio De Janiero. This is for the disarmament of all people and militia in the US and Worldwide (Among other things). Through the Patriot Act the abolishment of the US constitution is well under way.

According to Agenda 21 this disarmament will be complete by 2012.

Watch out! The New World Order is going to get u!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yeah, and all of those that said Obama would not push for gun control were half right. He won't, but will push for the UN treaties and resolutions that bring it about.

Just another nail being primed for the coffin.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hey "Un"....

Pray for the souls of the young men you send here to confiscate American guns.

And prepare their funeral arrangements.

This could also potentially cripple our military because a lot of Good Soldiers aren't going to be able to stomach this...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I personally do not own a gun, never shot a gun, never wanted one
Up until recently my view was "to each their own"

Now I'm seriously considering getting one while I still can (though probably be easier to get one illegally...)

It seems more and more lately that I WILL need to defend myself, my family, my property, and my right to defend those things.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Blue helmets are an easy to shoot for target.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Does anyone remember when Australia was disarmed? There was not much on the news when this happened but we have relatives in Australia. It seems that the general population just said "if this is what the Queen wants" and willingly gave up their firearms. Ranchers and like personnel are allowed an "appropriate" firearm for their business, but the general public is unarmed and even certain knives were outlawed. According to our sources crime increased. Is there anyone in Australia who can enlighten us in how they have fared since their gun roundup?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
Does anyone remember when Australia was disarmed? There was not much on the news when this happened but we have relatives in Australia. It seems that the general population just said "if this is what the Queen wants" and willingly gave up their firearms. Ranchers and like personnel are allowed an "appropriate" firearm for their business, but the general public is unarmed and even certain knives were outlawed. According to our sources crime increased. Is there anyone in Australia who can enlighten us in how they have fared since their gun roundup?

I'm inclined to agree with Signals - when they try to take the guns out of American hands - crime will definitely increase - even the people who still think the government is looking out for their best interest, is NOT going to give up this particular freedom without a fight. Its just too fun to shoot stuff

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Very well. This must be considered a shot across the bow. I will likely buy a few more weapons from private owners and just forget to do any paper work. It is now patently obvious that "our government" will soon be THE ENEMY. It is a shame, the US was once a great nation. I mourn her passing.
edit on 8-6-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Do we hold a wake and/or funeral?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

blogs.forbes.com

It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends. Under the guise of a proposed global “Small Arms Treaty” premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates” you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted – our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own

Yep they need to take away your guns before they can take away whats left of your rights just like they did in the UK.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Nope we attempt a resuscitation in the image that was originally intended.
And hopefully firearms won't be necessary (but I really can't see how its avoidable..)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by macman

Nope we attempt a resuscitation in the image that was originally intended.
And hopefully firearms won't be necessary (but I really can't see how its avoidable..)
I used to hope it was avoidable, but with Der Fuhrer Owebowmao as current puppet in chief(and any likely replacements just as bad; Ron Paul not withstanding), I do not see any other options.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well for one thing, it had nothing to do with the Queen.It was the Howard (Coward) Government.This gun ban came in, on the back of the Port Arthur Massacre.Which was a false flag Black Op .They framed a young kid with a mental disorder.He did not have the mental capacity to pull off the 100% per cent perfect head shot's that were inflicted. Even dozen's of wittnesses said it was not him (Bryant).They were never called to testify.This story could fill pages on ATS in it'self, anyway that's another thread.
We'll what happened here is only the foolish, handed in their guns.Many sold their older guns back to the Government for a profit and went out and bought better, new one's while they were still under the amnesty period.They oiled them up and buried them for the day they are needed.As for the criminal aspect they had no intention of parting with them.In fact they profited from a newly created black market.
This all happened a decade ago, but crime levels never really changed much until now,since the start of the financial crissis, armed hold up have gone through the roof. Where I live you would have 1-3 crimes with firearms a year.This year there have been fifty armed robberies since January and the fatal shooting of a police officer last week.
I think that the NWO may have a shock coming to them if they want to try it on in Australia, people didn't fall for it here ! I would hate to think just how many firearms are out there,soaking in oil for the big day.

I suggest that citizens around the world need to think about this and what is coming, ammunition too.Don't find youself short because the day will silently creep up on you.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

boy are you an optimist - I personally don't think we'll even make it to the next election - and I dont believe in a single end of the world prophecy

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Does anyone remember when Australia was disarmed?

Australians were forced to surrender their auto, semi-auto and pump action guns. They were offered compensation for the guns.

The general public can still own and use bolt-action rifles and double-barrelled shot guns, etc. We are not totally disarmed, they didn't go that far.

Getting a gun license is a routine process and you can list "hunting vermin" as a reason for wanting to own a gun.

Guns need to be locked in solid safes and kept locked separately from ammunition.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If the U.N is trully about peace then shouldn't they look at the statistics in America and see that area's with less restrictive gun laws tend to be safer and have lower rates of violent gun crime while area's with more restrictive control tend to have higher rates of illegal gun violence?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join