It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another google mars "thing"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well hello there.

First of all, i have no pictures because im a noob and dont know how to, if you can tell me how to then i will.

Im not going to say its alien or anything because...........well............it annoys me when people write those type of posts

Just simply a bit of mars that looks "cool", the way it looks like something under the surface is spreading itself out.

No aliens.
No secret buildings.
Or bases

Just something that i liked the looks of.

Search Nilus Mensae

Look 150kms N/E of Nilus Mensae - A rectangular box missing a side, just some lines in the surface.
also
310kms South of Nilus Mensae - A 530km stretch of, what i think, are weird lookin' lines

In fact alot of the area have these lines.

Just something to look at if your bored haha

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If you want to upload it here then print screen it. Paste it into microsoft paint. Save it as an image file. Get a photobucket account. Upload the picture there. Then get the image code and paste it here.

For future reference.

People enjoy having the images there in front of them, it makes for easier reading.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Thanks man ! about time i found out

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesprototype
Look 150kms N/E of Nilus Mensae - A rectangular box missing a side, just some lines in the surface.
also
310kms South of Nilus Mensae - A 530km stretch of, what i think, are weird lookin' lines

In fact alot of the area have these lines.

Just something to look at if your bored haha

These are large features, right?

I think the first one you mention is seen at the following latitude and longitude coordinates (this format is preferred for locating as the user can cut and paste directly into Google Earth's Mars view:
23 51' 15" N 69 13' 45" W
from about 85 mile altitude, just SW of Sacra Mensa-- the parallel canyons connected by a perpendicular one.

The second one, I believe is the roughly north to south canyon narrowing at the south end, viewed in its entirety from about 540 miles altitude, centered at, roughly
16 14' N 71 54' W

You are right, interesting and fun and thanks for not twisting my brain with wild claims! I refer to them as "canyons," but I know very little about the geology of Mars-- if someone said they are actually fault lines, I would be willing to agree.

join