It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hastings considers 'screech machine' to curb teen vandals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
www.kare11.com...

HASTINGS, Minn. -- The east Metro community of Hastings may try to solve a vandalism problem in an out-of-the way park by installing a noise machine to repel teenagers.

SonicScreen emits a high-pitched screech at a frequency young people can hear but older folks with less-sensitive hearing can't.

Hastings Park and Recreation director Barry Bernstein said Cari Park has been frequent target for vandals. The park is surrounded by homes so police officers it can't see it from the street. It has no lights.

I saw a clip about this on Adam vs The Man earlier, and I got to say....haha, seriously?

Had to lol at the clip.

Instead of installing lights....they're going to use a screech machine....I wonder if the people living around the park will like this?

Edit - I grew up around Hastings when I was a little kid. Pretty nice place at the time. Havent been back there in awhile now
edit on 8-6-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
We dont need ultrasonic screech machines.
just play this on the PA systems where you dont want them..
simple.
either that or any eurovison song from the past 10 years...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
can you imagine living next to that with a baby or young children?

I think its a horrible idea, if they must do this I think they should play classical music instead, I've heard it works as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
How is this fair!?!?! Because some kids are jerks and vandalize, they choose to attack all of them? Why not take all cars away,to prevent drunk driving? I hate things like this. People wonder why I no longer stand when the national anthem is played.
Land of the free my asterisk. I cant even walk into parks anymore.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Easiest solution - Instal lights in the park.

I dont understand why they want to blast noise around all night

But if I could have it my way, I would play my kind of music all night.....although I doubt the neighboors would want to listen to it....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

star. I havent stood for the anthem or put my hand anywhere on my chest since i was 12. Kind of always knew this country was a wasteland full of lies.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
obviously this sets a disturbing precendent. instantly a vision of a future where dissent could be curbed with such techniques comes to mind with no limit on what else they could choose to do. it starts with reasons like this but turns into much more given the chance.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A few weeks from now, "Hastings in market for new screech machine" will be the headline.

What idiot comes up with these... ideas

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The people you all vote for. And your tax money pays for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

So my tax money is going towards providing ingenious vandals hours of entertainment as they figure out how to either destroy this thing, or reconfigure it to loop Justin Beiber over and over again?

...I consider that a sound investment

...Pun completely unintentional

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well then no harm done.

This is a funny idea. But id be concerned with how elderly people or young kids or babies would react to it. even animals.
edit on 8-6-2011 by reesie45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
www.kare11.com...

HASTINGS, Minn. -- The east Metro community of Hastings may try to solve a vandalism problem in an out-of-the way park by installing a noise machine to repel teenagers.

SonicScreen emits a high-pitched screech at a frequency young people can hear but older folks with less-sensitive hearing can't.

Hastings Park and Recreation director Barry Bernstein said Cari Park has been frequent target for vandals. The park is surrounded by homes so police officers it can't see it from the street. It has no lights.

I saw a clip about this on Adam vs The Man earlier, and I got to say....haha, seriously?

Had to lol at the clip.

Instead of installing lights....they're going to use a screech machine....I wonder if the people living around the park will like this?

Edit - I grew up around Hastings when I was a little kid. Pretty nice place at the time. Havent been back there in awhile now

Don't these old people recognize their is a subtle push from TPTB to have them all rounded up and sent to camps? No matter, in the end they will pay for their ignorance.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I am in Hastings now on business actually in macdonalds on a coffees break. I noticed there is a large cop van in the main square. It has cone type speakers on its roof not sure if they will be emitting the sound. I'm 40 so won't hear it anyway.

top topics

join