It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This would be a brazen step.... Stupid but brazen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So I stumbled across this gem tonight and figured I would see what you guys and gals think. Not sure of how this would work, seems it would be in stark contrast to our current constitution. I have always heard talk about "them coming for our guns" but this article was a little alaming. Personally I dont believe it possible to disarm this country to the level that I believe they would like to.

blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The amount of man power and money this would require would rival, if not surpass that of the "war on drugs" It just flat won't happen. Our government IS stupid, but I have a hard time believing they would be THIS stupid.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I no longer have a hard time believing that this administration cannot be this stupid. They seem to go out of their way to one-up each other on the stupid scale.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
LOL! Do you really think anyone is really that stupid? Sure they could pass this in the UN, but who in their right mind would step forward to enforce it? You do realize that the US has more arms than any single one countries army don't you? In fact the state of Michigan alone for 2 weeks out of every single year has the worlds largest army, combine that with the state of Pennsylvania and Texas and you have a force that would be unrivaled by any other ground force on the planet. So as far as them gathering up the testicular fortitude to pass this BS, and then enforce it?... I just don't see it happening... not in my lifetime anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I agree with all of your comments, and am well aware of all your points. But like the poster before you stated, nothing surprizes me anymore with current leadership. It would not end well

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

If they do try it will be hell to pay on both sides. Our country was built for law abiding citizens to protect it if necessary. I for one would buy a ton of magazines and ammunition to go to the festival

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think you can COUNT on America being disarmed in the near future.

It has to happen, in order for the globalist agenda to go off without a hitch. When they trash our Constitution or suspend it "temporarily" they will use that as the excuse to seize our weapons like they did in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

But they cant leave a big a population as the US armed and pull off what their scheme to turn the whole world into one defenseless labor pool and tax base for corporations and other wealthy interests.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I think you can COUNT on America being disarmed in the near future.

It has to happen, in order for the globalist agenda to go off without a hitch. When they trash our Constitution or suspend it "temporarily" they will use that as the excuse to seize our weapons like they did in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

But they cant leave a big a population as the US armed and pull off what their scheme to turn the whole world into one defenseless labor pool and tax base for corporations and other wealthy interests.

As much as we all hate for this to be true, it is after all the apparent plan. Oh, they're not planning to do it all in one big step; that really would be pretty stupid.

But just look at it:

1. Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2. Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3. Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
4. Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5. In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.

This is just the first step (albeit in several parts). And you know they don't plan to stop there; this is just the beginning. Obviously, only a madman would presume to make all guns illegal in one single step; it would be instant Revolution and Civil War all rolled into one. Even the stupidest and most strident of gun-controllers recognize that. But first they took away full-automatic weapons; then they legislated limits on the capacity of magazines; now they want to take away semi-automatics.

So what? There's a god's plenty of gun owners who are capable machinists and who can fabricate magazines and convert semi's to full-automatics should the time come. But when does that time come? Now they'll be criminals. And it's hard for law-abiding citizens to argue about sending in an armed force to take out a few criminals at a time.

Yeah, this is just the start....
edit on 6/7/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I do believe that this is the case, and yes when it starts they will have mediocre success. However once the word spreads that this is what is happening, I expect things will begin to get ugly. I would be surprised if they were successful in the long term

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by inbound

You know, I flip-flop back and forth on this. Sometimes, I think one more Ruby Ridge is about all it's going to take to light the powderkeg.

And sometimes I think, no, they're gonna declare martial law, call on NATO, and just start taking out the militias, and that'll be that. They're just waiting for the right moment.

I seriously don't know. Maybe we'll just mope along like this until they gradually, quietly slip the chains on us, click the lock, and toss the key....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea: then the citizens, drug cartels and pals won't have to kill each other with bullets. Instead, the "enforcers" will come by with their bone breaking batons to do the job. Honestly, people are not that stupid. They will find other ways to defend themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

So you think the "drug cartels and pals" are going to turn in their guns also? This was never meant to be in our country. I understand that violence occurs on a daily basis all over the US involving firearms, but removing them from the populace will not help. More criminals are shot every year by law abiding citizens defending themselves gunowners.org... than are shot by police. Maybe cruel and unusual punishment is needed for those who choose to use a gun to commit a crime instead of a vacation with all their buddies at the taxpayer expense. Most americans have and will continue to sit back and watch their liberties be taken away "for the good of the country" but I have a feeling that this one wont go out quietly. People deem firearms an asset for their protection of themselves and their families and will become a little ornery when threatend with the loss of this asset.
Who knows.

top topics

join