It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Unleashes 'Spectacular' & Powerful Eruption

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Allred5923

Hawaii gets snow almost every year. I had a great skiing session on Mauna Kea in 1980.

Yes, there has been extreme weather. What does that have to do with a chance of an auroral display on the 9th?

Phage:

Not in June, married to an island girl. We talked about this at length this AM.

www.bigislandvideonews.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Well he didn't say anything about June did he?
No. It's not common.
As I said there has been extreme weather. I don't understand what that has to do with the CME being discussed here.

edit on 6/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage:

I agree, I do not think it has anything to do with the CME's! If the CME's effect anything it could be the planets interior temps. As has been shown the planetary temps of our entire solar system are rising.

The weather is a result of the change from the "freshening" and change in currents and surface winds.

Just for your FYI, the Big Island has had some strange weather lately. Several weeks ago the Kona side (dry) had massive thunderstorms, rain that it is nor used to.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i think this one is not only gonna brush us, it seems to already have arrived and its gonna keep beating the EMF till the 10th

i want aurora at equator level, come on sun, keep firing those our way.
give us that right dose of light show without sending us back to the dark ages.

the best part of all this, is that the band are still warming up.

oh and let's just hope nothing shakes too much on the 11th

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
so this is not any big deal is that why the TV news is not mentioning it?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

its a big deal, as in a spectacular event, if you are interested in this stuff.

if you are just checking the threads waiting for a "deadly" one, sorry not this one.

now if a X-flare were to hit us in full force, well the tv wouldnt report it either as the sattelites would go down and many power grids would short circuit.

plus tv and science dont really go along, unless its michio kaku whoring himself, or mythbusters and their pseudo science of lets blow things up.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by dreamseeker

its a big deal, as in a spectacular event, if you are interested in this stuff.

if you are just checking the threads waiting for a "deadly" one, sorry not this one.

now if a X-flare were to hit us in full force, well the tv wouldnt report it either as the sattelites would go down and many power grids would short circuit.

plus tv and science dont really go along, unless its michio kaku whoring himself, or mythbusters and their pseudo science of lets blow things up.

Very well stated my friend. I've said this before , but this is the number one concern that we face IMO. A quick secession of X class flairs would be disastrous and It is inevitable and It will happen . Probably in our lifetime.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Media seems to be taking it more serious.. I caught the end of a segment Fox just had on it. Local news is talking about it also.

They talked about the Usual concerns about powergrid and satelites.
edit on 8-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join