It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO X-Files "lost"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A newspaper in Sydney issued a Freedom of Information request for the Australian government's UFO files and have been told they've either been lost or destroyed. Peculiar response considering most governments have been releasing troves of documents mostly suggesting that there's nothing to the phenomena.

Have to wonder why Australia is taking this approach. Do they have something worth hiding?

After a two-month search in response to a newspaper Freedom of Information (FOI) request, which forces government officials to release documents of public interest, Australia's Department of Defense had been unable to locate the files, the Sydney Morning Herald said.

source

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Easiest way out I guess, but the Australian MSM's have been on their toes with all the UFO stuff, The Australian picked up the ATS thread about that Mars base and NASA's textbook reply with it.
I thought the individual state governments were in charge of each state archive ? Ie police reports.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You beat me to it

www.smh.com.au...

What can I say apart from it seems convenient and typical that the DOD has lost these files.
edit on 7/6/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Clumsy Australians. Fancy loosing their UFO files.
Why don't they loose the ball that easily when they play rugby.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is a rumored secret underground US base in Australia that is linked to UFOs. I will do some digging around but I am sure someone will beat me to it.

EDIT - Pine Gap?
edit on 7-6-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer42
Peculiar response considering most governments have been releasing troves of documents mostly suggesting that there's nothing to the phenomena.

Just because I tell you all the boring things that happened to me today, does that mean I didn't win a pile of cash?

Perhaps they are telling the truth. If they destroyed a lot of the files they can't release them now can they?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rykc27
Clumsy Australians. Fancy loosing their UFO files.
Why don't they loose the ball that easily when they play rugby.

I wish we would accidently lose our worthless prime minister too

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by observer42
Peculiar response considering most governments have been releasing troves of documents mostly suggesting that there's nothing to the phenomena.

Just because I tell you all the boring things that happened to me today, does that mean I didn't win a pile of cash?

Perhaps they are telling the truth. If they destroyed a lot of the files they can't release them now can they?

Why destroy them though? They couldn't have taken up *that* much space...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

My point is - if they say they have been destroyed - nobody can ask for more sensitive ones to be released.

Governments have claimed to have nothing or not be studying the situation in the past. Years later thousands of non-existent files have been released proving they lied. USA is a notable example. I can dig out some files for you but won't be on here for another 36 hours.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Thats true...

I bet others as well as myself would be interested in waiting to see the files you have uncovered.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by observer42

I was going to post this earlier but knew that someone beat me to posting it. I think it's possible that they really did lose them, but notice the article mentioned that they could of been destroyed.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Researcher Keith Basterfield (and fellow ATSer) has posted about this on his blog...Australian UFO files "lost"

A check with people here, would have found that the truth was that many DOD UFO files are safely held by the Australian Government Archives, and that anyone can digitally read them by going to the NAA wesbite at www.naa.gov.au... clicking on Recordsearch and typing in the key words "flying saucers."

The Australian UFO Research Association, of which I am a member, has a list of all the 150 or so Australian Government UFO files (many DOD files) which it located during the five year search for such files. The findings of the project may be seen at Disclosure Australia.

Quite often, the 'UFOs - scientific research' blog is an interesting read. Well worth visiting!

top topics

join