It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Christopher Titus Says If Sarah Palin Elected President He Will "Hang out on Grassy Knoll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by SpectreDC

So death threats, hyperbole. . . is okay if it's from the left?

Okay.

Sorry. Forgot about the double standard.

Who is this comedian? I have never heard of him.

I am confused as to why people thinks he speaks for the Democratic Party or the Liberal movement?

Palin is a right wing political figure with a large conservative following who put cross-hairs on democrat candidates for election...this guy is a comedian I have never heard of that made a joke in bad taste...

The whole right vs. left thing seems to encourage a lot contortionist logic and insanely over reaching generalizations.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Palin would murder anyone from the left in a debate on any issue, and the left knows this, and they are afraid of her.

I keep hearing this, so could you please link me to a video from a non-leftist media outlet showcasing Palin's brilliance?

I mean, I watch Fox News more than either MSNBC or CNN and even when she worked for them I didn't see it. So it must be either really subtle, or non existent.

If you watch Fox news more than the others then how did you miss this 25 MINUTE LONG INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS WALLACE 2 DAYS AGO

She had answers for every question she was asked, and before anyone says"it's Fox News, they are the mouthpiece for the GOP" or whatever, remember that Chris Wallace is a Liberal, and he asked some pretty tough questions... he certainly didn't take it easy on her like MSNBC did with Obama.... "So Mr. Obama, how do you think the White Sox will do this year?"

I'm fortunate to have a job which I happen to be at on Sunday's most days. I'll be sure to watch this eventually and send you my thoughts. Just because I watch Fox News the most doesn't mean I'm on the channel 24/7 365.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
who cares what palin said she didnt pull the trigger on giffords that idiots did unlike the op who said he would clearly wait in the grassy knoll with the premidation and intention of acting by himself.
edit on 7-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Now Titus actually pulled a trigger? Holy crap!

He said he would loaded and ready. Sounds like he plans on having some drinks and being prepared. Apparently away from the place people shoot from, safely in a grassy knoll. He never said anything about assisinating anyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

i love when people try to marginalize me and try to attack my intelligence.

means they have no arguement

Actually there's a clear argument presented in the post you're referring to. You just want to focus on the insult I put in there on top of it.

I know, strange concept. Someone makes an argument and calls you an idiot while doing so.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hear that inteligent people take comedians literally. Oh and comedions aren't known for making jokes, everything they say should be taken very very seriously and debated in forums on the internet.

Beezzer meet Mr. Confirmation Bias

You'll make a very cute couple and I'm sure you'll discover lots of "truths" on the internets.

link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

didnt say a bar now did he?

everyone knows what the grassy knolls means the place where someone blew the back of the head out of kennedy.

meaning titus would be there ready waiting cocked locked and ready to rock when he sees palin.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezeer I tend to agree with you and your arguments carry a lot of weight with me in thread I've read where you've commented.

but I honestly can't see how you'd support Sarah palin, she's beyond words.

The librals comment on her most for the simple reason that she is such a terrible choice. She is a visable face of how librals want the right to be seen, quite simply she's a great tool for discrediting the right as a bunch of crazies, idiots and violent nut cases.

your right there has been some double standards on death threat like comments, my view is though that comedians from all political bents should be allowed to make comments like that.
edit on 7-6-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You're the one comparing the two. And welcome to a looooooooooong line of people (progressives) who make death threats against me. *yawn* I'm used to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

guess you need to read ats terms and conditions.

calling people stupid is not an acceptable standard on this website however you may feel.

and that negates everything a person says in a thread/

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarrofDanu
I Find this thread hilarious. You nuts condemning this clip are shooting your own argument in the foot. This is a comedian cracking a tasteless joke on a comedy program. It is not a public official speaking in a serious way to the whole of the public. If you really are having that much difficulty telling the difference between the two, it only proves that Palin and her ilk need to be jailed for some of the things they say. It also proves that there should be an I.Q. requirement for voting. I tell black jokes and gay jokes all the time. That doesn't mean that I hate black people or gay people. I have a good friend who is both black and gay. (very amusing combination by the way) He is where I get most of those jokes. If I ever have a child, I may ask him to be that child's godfather.

It's not what he said, because I could care less... it's the fact that if a comedian said the same thing about a Liberal it would be mass hysteria... in other words, it is hypocritical and it is a double standard. Now that we've gotten that out of the way... are you advocating "locking someone up" for speaking? What happened to free speech? I'm perfectly fine with the IQ requirement for voting as long as you go first, because the vast majority of the liberals in Washington would be out of a job. The people that vote for Liberalism are clearly stupid, and the smart ones feel that they are exempt from the end results of the very ideology that they support.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

remember that Chris Wallace is a Liberal, and he asked some pretty tough questions...

Are people really this blind? You do not seem to understand FOX news. The problem with that interview is not that they are the mouthpiece of the GOP, it is that she works there. Chris Wallace is a colleague. I saw the interview and it looked exactly like I would expect if my buddy at work told me ahead of time what he was going to ask, since we work for the same station and push the same agenda. How is he a liberal?

The District resident says his party affiliation is driven by simple pragmatism: "The reason I'm a registered Democrat is that in Washington, D.C., there is really only one party," Wallace told us yesterday. "If you want a say in who's going to be the next mayor or councilman, you have to vote in the Democratic primary."
Chris Wallace, Card-Carrying Democrat?

Apparently you need to let Chris know he is a liberal.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So because she used "targets" then its okay to make death threats.
Got it.
Just wanted to make sure.

Who made death threats? Cuz, ya know

Pics or it didn't happen, Weiner.

I did not see any death threats in your OP. Can you find it for me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ah, but I do care about your opinion as a reasoned debate. I haven’t seen nothing but talking points. These are a baseless, useless argument and add nothing.

If you say you’re a older, wiser person,…cool. But your response was a knee jerk reaction…as was mine. Emotions get the better of us sometimes.

But it looks like you are set in your ways. If I wasted your time, I apoligize. I just want people to think for themselves. Rather than be told what to think.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You're the one comparing the two.

No, I brought up a recent event where the same thing occurred that is similar to this situation. And I said just like how that situation was harmless, this one is too.

I think you need reading glasses bro.

And welcome to a looooooooooong line of people (progressives) who make death threats against me. *yawn* I'm used to it.

Oh boy, here we go again. TIME TO BRING OUT MAH NOTEBOOK.

Hmmm lets see....6 times I've been called a neo-conservative now in this forum and...10 times I've been called a progressive. Oh wow beezzer, this is your third time doing so! Congratulations!

I'll be throwing a small party for you. I promise I won't kill you there bb

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by pajoly

Hating much? Just another lemming. Be gone I say. Go and re-join your herd.

Yes, it is true, I hate Sarah Palin. She is a reflection with everything wrong with our country. We glorify junvenile know nothings and fixate on celebrity. We know longer give much acount to earned greatness, to statemanship to simple decency. The woman is a rank opportunist who quit her job the second she realized she could make major coin doing nothing. She is mind-numbingly ignorant and anybody with a brain can see it. This is why she is a living andbreathing cartoon. Her only following is among equally ignorant religious zealots and Christofascists, whose cult-like adherence to biblical literalism reveals them wholly incapable of reason.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks, Beez. These anti-Palin people just ooze hate, and it's kind of sad. She walks the talk and they just can't fathom the concept. The fact that she's good looking makes them even crazier in their opposition. The more the media attacks her, the more I hope she runs. How about 'Bachman-Palin Overdrive'?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

guess you need to read ats terms and conditions.

Don't care.

calling people stupid is not an acceptable standard on this website however you may feel.

Never took you as the politically correct sort neo96. Sorry if I'm willing to call a spade a spade.

and that negates everything a person says in a thread/

Hey, if it helps you sleep better at night think whatever you want.

Doesn't make it true though.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by beezzer

Beezeer I tend to agree with you and your arguments carry a lot of weight with me in thread I've read where you've commented.

but I honestly can't see how you'd support Sarah palin, she's beyond words.

The librals comment on her most for the simple reason that she is such a terrible choice. She is a visable face of how librals want the right to be seen, quite simply she's a great tool for discrediting the right as a bunch of crazies, idiots and violent nut cases.

your right there has been some double standards on death threat like comments, my view is though that comedians from all political bents should be allowed to make comments like that.
edit on 7-6-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

I wasn't initially a fan of Palin. I liked her, but was meh, about her chances. But I like an underdog. The dark horse candidate. Between her and Ron Paul, I honestly think she has a better chance.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

i love when people try to marginalize me and try to attack my intelligence.

means they have no arguement

This must be the double standard thread.

obama is stupid.

didnt say a bar now did he?

Or anything about a gun either.

everyone knows what the grassy knolls means the place where someone blew the back of the head out of kennedy.

I am pretty sure most people know the shot came from a library window. Maybe you can link me to your version of history.

meaning titus would be there ready waiting cocked locked and ready to rock when he sees palin.

So now you added "cocked?" Interesting. Because when Palin used "loaded" she said it had nothing to do with shooting anyone. That must be why you added "cocked" to make it different and make up a new argument because your double standard keeps tripping you up.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Hey, if it helps you sleep better at night think whatever you want. Doesn't make it true though.

likewise

psych 101 tear others down because your own life so so pathetic to make yourself feel better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join