It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Christopher Titus Says If Sarah Palin Elected President He Will "Hang out on Grassy Knoll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Did comedian Christopher Titus call for Sarah Palin's assassination if she was nominated president of the United States? He is quoted as saying, 'If she gets elected president, I am going to hang out on the grassy knoll all the time... loaded and ready.' Wow, that sounds like something we have heard from the fringe on the right about then-candidate Barack Obama presidency. All my readers know I can't stand Sarah Palin, but I certainly wouldn't call for her death.

www.hinterlandgazette.com...

The more threats against Palin, the more I want to vote for her. I'll let the left decide who to vote for. They don't say a peep about Romney, and the others. But Palin?

And the death threats? Gotta love those. I guess it's been long enough since that nutweasel in Az, killed a bunch of people.

I deliberately took this quote from a liberal writer so there would be no confusion about source.

Enjoy.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It clearly has no relevance to do with similar statements and symbols used by Palin herself in the past.

I like how people who prescribe to the left-right paradigm allows their side to make hyperbolic statements used as colorful language while anything the other side says must be taken word for word literalism.

It's actually one of my favorite things to do outside of ramming my head into a concrete wall.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

please its a joke lighten up. i can't say i don't agree that her being president is a bad situation but likening her to Kennedy is a bad joke within its self

edit on 7-6-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I feel I have enough experience with you guys to play this game by your rules now. So let me put on my right wing super defense glasses and give it a shot. All I have to do is pretend that Titus is a righty taking a shot at a lefty and it is easy. Watch?

What does this have to do with Assassination? Who was ever shot from a grassy knoll? JFK was shot from a library window. You mean the "loaded" part? Oh well, with Palin that is gonna be tricky. Remember what she said. About words like "loaded" that has nothing to do with guns. Just folksy political speech. How did I do?

Oh I forgot. Obama did something once that sucks too!

Now I think I got it.

link   
He's a great comedian who was making a joke.....

Jeez you people act like the terrorists have won with all your fear. Don't live in fear! Stand up for yourself and make a joke about hanging out on a grassy knoll too.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

So death threats, hyperbole. . . is okay if it's from the left?

Okay.

Sorry. Forgot about the double standard.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The more threats against Palin

Err.. he's a comedian and this is an obvious joke. If you watched the video from your own source, you'd know this. There's no need to take it so seriously.

He's clearly not threatening her at all. Lighten up.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wanting to vote for someone because the rest of the world recognizes her as a moron is about the silliest thing I have read in a while. I would imagine most of the people that back her say similar dumb # all the time.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin
He's a great comedian who was making a joke.....

Jeez you people act like the terrorists have won with all your fear. Don't live in fear! Stand up for yourself and make a joke about hanging out on a grassy knoll too.

I don't think the OP is full of fear... I think he wanted to point out the double standard in the media from left to right. If anyone on the right had said this it would be front page news.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
reply to post by beezzer

I feel I have enough experience with you guys to play this game by your rules now. So let me put on my right wing super defense glasses and give it a shot. All I have to do is pretend that Titus is a righty taking a shot at a lefty and it is easy. Watch?

What does this have to do with Assassination? Who was ever shot from a grassy knoll? JFK was shot from a library window. You mean the "loaded" part? Oh well, with Palin that is gonna be tricky. Remember what she said. About words like "loaded" that has nothing to do with guns. Just folksy political speech. How did I do?

Oh I forgot. Obama did something once that sucks too!

Now I think I got it.
wow be careful with those glasses you might start to see the world from a more realistic point of view and could screw up your prescription obamacare glasses with the rose colored tint

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Okay.

Hey Beezzer, where can I get a degree in misconstruing things people say that brutally decimate any semblance of an argument you might have in order to disregard it in your mind? It seems like a useful trick and one you're pretty well used too.

Because clearly someone pointing out that both the right and the left does this is actually saying they think it's completely all right for the left to do it but it's outright horrible for the right to do it.

But hey, if you couldn't misconstrue things people said, you would actually need to respond to what they actually said. And that would require having an argument. So I understand actually why you do it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You and I both know that it is perfectly OK and acceptable for a Liberal to say something like this in regards to a Conservative.... Now if a comedian said this about Hillary Clinton, all hell would break loose.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Not full of fear, just wondering why "it's just a joke" for Palin but when a 7th grade kid makes a remark about Obama, the Secret Service investigates.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmm, nope. No double standard here folks, please move along. Enjoy the kool-aid.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by beezzer

Now if a comedian said this about Hillary Clinton, all hell would break loose.

Bull#. I watch, read and listen to both left-wing media and right-wing media. Left-wing media will bitch and moan about something mean right-wing media says and right-wing media will bitch and moan about something mean left-wing media says. It happens everyday, every week and every year. To deny it either shows you know nothing about partisan media in this country or you're blatantly saying something ignorant to support your political view point.

I'm betting the latter, although the former is just as likely.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is a left/right paedigm nowadays. And I gaurentee that the left will instigate any violence. After that, it's game over. The right will knee-jerk to the point of the making the U.S.A's downfall complete. Then the Gov't will get even more involved, pushing the leftist view, Lord help us all.
edit on 7-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: Fat fingas

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Soldier of God

Not full of fear, just wondering why "it's just a joke" for Palin but when a 7th grade kid makes a remark about Obama, the Secret Service investigates.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmm, nope. No double standard here folks, please move along. Enjoy the kool-aid.

Oh you mean like that time when Palin made a map "targeting" democrats with "crosshairs"? Because clearly she was actually making a threat and not just a clever allusion.

Wait, I'm replying to Beezzer. I'm likely going to get misconstrued and/or ignored again

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Okay.

No, it is not funny one bit. He should be arrested on the spot along with Sarah Palin who advocated Gabrielle Giffords shooting with her "humor."

How's that double standard working for ya?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am all for comedy, but this person is not funny. Let's hope that our press doesn't give any more time to no-ones who make a living off of threatening people. This person is not funny to begin with. Next time, let's quote a real comedian.

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
its a joke beezzer, clam down man. just clam down. we all know you would protect her from any threats foreign or domestic. no one in their right mind wants to try you, you're like james bond, but the rabbit version.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
I don't think the OP is full of fear... I think he wanted to point out the double standard in the media from left to right. If anyone on the right had said this it would be front page news.

What office was Titus running for when he made his joke. Or are comedians that no one sees or hears maybe held to a different standard than politicians?

I just read more than enough posts from righties complaining about Anthony Weiner because they say politicians should be held to a higher standard. So is that starndard the same one we apply to less than famous comedians?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join