It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edible RFID Chips Go Mainstream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Edible RFID Chips Go Mainstream

www.ideaconnection.com

I work in new product development. I see new products coming to market all the time. I have many sources of information on what's coming onto the market.
This blew me away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's not a Doctor dropping a chip down your throat and have a look around.
It's to TRACK you!!
How far away from the store you live..when you eat the product..etc.
This is pretty much over the top for me.
Edible RFID chips are now here. Do we have their permission to put these in the food?
This is my first thread I've ever started too. Thought is was important.

www.ideaconnection.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So what your saying to me is, they are actually going to discreetly (but legally) start inserting electronics in our food for the purpose of being their illegitimate market research guinea pigs?!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I"m pretty sure they would label it as a RFID chip in between a transformers or a J.J. Abrams film and ppl would be thrifted to test it.

How 'bout, Chiped flavored chips, low on sodium high on magnesium.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
So what your saying to me is, they are actually going to discreetly (but legally) start inserting electronics in our food for the purpose of being their illegitimate market research guinea pigs?!

I realize an article comprising of no more than 500 words is such a brutally long, difficult, exhausting read, but the next time you choose to reply to a thread 2 posts down from the OP could you please actually read the article?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The article says it's also so the consumer can monitor their food for weight manegment. AND track where the food originated. What? We're going to walk around with handhelp scanners to scan the food for freshness?

Or will all the stores have scanners we put the food under so they can track everything we buy? And then eat? And when?

I don't put my phone number in the ATM at the cash registers, because it creeps me out they watch what I buy.

So now they're going around me? Just make me eat a chip for admitted tracking purposes?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In the future, people will choose to be walking pieces of data for convenience.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its only a concept. Doesn't mean its going to be standard procedure for every food packaging plant. I think most people would refuse to allow their ovens to "automatically" cook food for them.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Now they are going to start monitoring what we eat? Boy, oh, boy. Everything is going to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So now do you believe in "The Mark of the Beast" as stated in the Holy Bible? A mark in your RIGHT hand or FOREHEAD that NO-ONE will be able to buy or sell ANYTHING without? One World Government/New World Order is already here. The wars are here, the earthquakes, comets, and natural disasters are here. Why not the mark?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
No... I don't know if it's the Mark Of The Beast..anymore if I know if the fire in Arizona was caused by illegals..or earthquakes are being caused by HAARP.

Common... I DO know you can EAT RFID Chips now to control weight or be tracked..

Personally? I would probably NOT want to eat micro chips.. I'd lose my appetite.

OHHHH Maybe that's the idea. Where's Ron Popeil? "Eat it, Seat It, Forgeet it"

I can do better...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
More proof it's on it's way, thanks for posting.
If you're looking for more info, see the thread I posted last week:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
wow does that mean i can treck my poop too!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

This is getting so out of hand. Everything we once knew is changing so fast it is impossible to keep up with it all to fight against it.

Unbelievable...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I appreciate the codependency of many city folk on the big companies. However if you don't like a product don't eat it. Name and shame those chains that support this tech and hit them where it hurts. You are the consumer you do hold some power here. Start your own organic garden support the independent co-op growers markets. You can make a difference it starts at grass roots educate your family and friends and provide them information on reliable alternatives.

It took a while in Australia but the cost of free range eggs has gone down and people continue to not support the cage trade in increasing numbers. This started at grass roots. Not corporations.

"Be the change you hope to see in the world" Gandi

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

It will never work. Too expensive. Besides, people who don't care about what they're eating will not care just because a freaking chip is put into their food. Especially also because to know what's in the food, they'd have to purchase an expensive plate for each person who will be eating...unless you eat alone.

I'd prefer to rely on product packaging to tell me what is in my food. At least that is less likely to be tampered with.

Oh, and what happens when the chips "exit"? Sounds like a complicated mess of a system. Eating healthy is easy but hard because it requires eating stuff that isn't ovelry 1) sweet 2) greasy 3) salty. (Good luck with that; it is tough.)

And, this is barely out of the garage. This project is not at all as your title says. Misleading.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In benevolent hands, it would be benign. It's all too clear technology such as this will be misused in human hands.

Sure, it's just beginning now, but do you think it will be long before they start doing it? They've already been secretly tracking us with RFIDs in certain product/packages for years.

Here's a segment from Aaron Russo's 'America: Freedom to Fascism' that pertains to the thread:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by niceguybob

It will never work. Too expensive. Besides, people who don't care about what they're eating will not care just because a freaking chip is put into their food. Especially also because to know what's in the food, they'd have to purchase an expensive plate for each person who will be eating...unless you eat alone.

I'd prefer to rely on product packaging to tell me what is in my food. At least that is less likely to be tampered with.

Oh, and what happens when the chips "exit"? Sounds like a complicated mess of a system. Eating healthy is easy but hard because it requires eating stuff that isn't ovelry 1) sweet 2) greasy 3) salty. (Good luck with that; it is tough.)

And, this is barely out of the garage. This project is not at all as your title says. Misleading.

Says the person who wasn't alive when automobiles (thats what they called them before cars) were said to be impossible or likely not to happen or the computer (which you are on right now) was said to be too expensive and too impractical to be in every house. Oh yeah, when the chips "exit" they will go into smart toilets that will track everything else (along with smart mirrors,clothes and everything else).
edit on 6/7/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: to addOh yeah, when the chips "exit" they will go into smart toilets that will track everything else (along with smart mirrors,clothes and everything else).

top topics

join