It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's really none of our business

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This whole "weinergate" scandal is being blown out of proportion tbh...I mean it's really none of our business, sure he's an elected official but that doesn't mean we have the right to know every single detail of his personal matters.

Okay so the man sent a photo to a 21 year old female...with her consent..what's the big fuss over? Sure he made up a lie to cover it up but honestly 99% of you would also try to make something up too.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I agree with you completely...Reminds me of the Clinton scandal. That didn't bother me either, and it didn't bother many liberals from what I understand. This is probably the same thing...Dirty politics. Attack the character of your enemy, and make him look like a bad guy. I don't know the entire story, but from what I did read he was single..?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

As far as I am aware, Weiner chose to run as a public official, he chose to assume the life of a public official, he knew full well that with that would come public attention and accountability. You'd figure that with the likes of Gingrich, Clinton, Sanders, Craig would have taught other politicians of the consequences in commiting these acts while holding their positions in public.

Now, does Weiner's actions point to him as being a bad politician, representitive? No. Weiner like many other americans has "urges", unfortunately he was not wise or strong minded enough to control them, not even for the sake of his family. This doesn't mean he's a bad politician. He certainly did throw whatever morals he said he had out the door like the other politicians, he's probably lost alot of respect, but if people intend to use this fault of his to point to how bad of politician he is and how he should leave, they certainly don't have their priorities right for this country.

Voted YES on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)
Voted YES on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations. (Mar 2008)
Repeal Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell, and reinstate discharged gays. (Mar 2010)
Voted YES on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq. (Jun 2008)
Voted YES on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)
Voted NO on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)

www.ontheissues.org...

What I find amusing are some of the partisan members here to the right using this event to attack weiner, while other republicans and democrats continue to vote and support policies that are harmful to this nation. Yep, distract yourselves with partisan games, that'll really show those corrupted in DC.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Because when you're a politician/official you're not allowed to do anything even remotely questionable. You have to be some kind of infallible saint. Too bad most of them are two-faced. And stuff like this is merely the tip of the ice-burg, the decoy, the magicians left hand if you will. It's scrutiny like this that causes them to operate in underground secret societies made for the elite businessman and policy makers, where they have mass orgies and pedophilic rituals.

edit on 7-6-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I agree its none of our business I wish the media would drop it. I also wish they would have not made a big deal about Palins daughters sex life or what Palin was wearing or how much she spent on her clothes back in 2008 and focused on the issues but no one ever gets what they want out of politics unless your a Banker or GE. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This is only about politicians stabbing each other in the back and I am OK with that, it is what they do.
I just wish they would use real knives to do so.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

Well...most of that makes sense. Palin was actually pushing a policy that was direcetly related to her daughter's sex life and that was why that was an issue. The daughter was proof that Palins idea of using Federal Funding was a tad misguied and that would have been a direct cost to tax payers. I was never concerned with who her daughter messed around with but it said a great deal about the policy Palin was pushing.

If anyone can produce legislation from Anthony that can be proven a fraud by his actions then I would like to see that and I would most likely alter my view on his scandal accordingly.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
What I find amusing are some of the partisan members here to the right using this event to attack weiner, while other republicans and democrats continue to vote and support policies that are harmful to this nation. Yep, distract yourselves with partisan games, that'll really show those corrupted in DC.

Thank you. There are bigger fish to fry. For a nanosecond I had a minor problem with this, minor. Then I looked around and looked at what else I was being lied to about. Turns out that Weiner is one of the few politicians in NY not actually screwing anyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
reply to post by Punisher75

Well...most of that makes sense. Palin was actually pushing a policy that was direcetly related to her daughter's sex life and that was why that was an issue. The daughter was proof that Palins idea of using Federal Funding was a tad misguied and that would have been a direct cost to tax payers. I was never concerned with who her daughter messed around with but it said a great deal about the policy Palin was pushing.

If anyone can produce legislation from Anthony that can be proven a fraud by his actions then I would like to see that and I would most likely alter my view on his scandal accordingly.

eh I kinda disagree with that, it would have been different if her policy ideas changed because of it, but they did'nt from what I remember.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Punisher75
eh I kinda disagree with that, it would have been different if her policy ideas changed because of it, but they did'nt from what I remember.

You do not know what you are even responding about, do you? If her policies had changed because of it, then I could have respected her for realizing the reality of wasting our tax dollars was just born to her teenage daughter. I have a feeling you have no idea what policy I am speaking of. I hoped I would not have to explain Palin to her own supporters.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The whole thing reeks of a smokescreen to me.
But that's just me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

If he would have come clean right of off the get-go, this would have been a non issue. However he used lies to smear his political opponents. Remember the freshman Repub that posed shirtless? Gone the same day.

Liberals and Conservatives (I don’t believe the parties really exist anymore), need to get back to serving their constituents. Like that will ever happen. We are witnessing the meltdown of the US and Congress is leading the charge.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here is the difference. When asked of a Public Servant if something is connected to them, Like Wiener's wiener, he lied. Not only did he lie, he stated he was hacked and did not allow the Capital Police to investigate due to knowing they would find more then just the single supposed incident.

It is not really about the action he did, but the lying about it and then the continual lying is the issue.
He needs to resign as he has proven that he can't be trusted.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Even as an independent it's hard to excuse this mainly because as a public servant, your actions are held more accountable than a private citizen, and rightly so. You represent us, the people, you are supposed to have good judgement and at least appear to have some ethics.

Anthony Weiner showed poor judgement just by engaging in this activity. On top of that, he did it recklessly, so he's either foolish or arrogant like most politicians. He repeatedly lied publicly when confronted. Now that he's outed, he looks sheepish and weak.

Should he resign, I say let the voters decide if it's a terrible enough offense to step down now or the next election.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If a man has to lie about showing some nipple then I say he really needs to step down!

Seriously, this has got to be the poorest excuse to lie to the public! Who cares? Yet, how can I trust him to tell the truth? Ain't that right Bill?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I can think of a lot worse then this, yet he's the one we're wasting our brain power on.

smear campaign or slow news day? whatever the case, there is bigger news.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This whole "weinergate" scandal is being blown out of proportion tbh...I mean it's really none of our business, sure he's an elected official but that doesn't mean we have the right to know every single detail of his personal matters.

Ummm..........it ceases to be a "personal matter" when you twitter pictures of your wiener to people.

I would not send people in to dig through his dresser drawers to find out his kinks, but when you as a public figure put your sex life out on the internet or other social media, you effectively give up your right to privacy.

And it is the business of the voters. He cant control his penis, and if you cant control your own penis, you have no business being in charge of the peoples assets.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by muse7

As far as I am aware, Weiner chose to run as a public official, he chose to assume the life of a public official, he knew full well that with that would come public attention and accountability. You'd figure that with the likes of Gingrich, Clinton, Sanders, Craig would have taught other politicians of the consequences in commiting these acts while holding their positions in public.

Public Official (public servant) is very different to Public Property. The problem with the news today is that we as the public accept this reality tv soap opera garbage that has invaded every aspect of the media today. They are nolonger interested in the NEWS because lets face it, shocking headlines and the reality tv soap opera approach is so much easier than journalism.

I don't know anything about this Weiner man but I know we have had the same scandals here in Australia and its disgraceful. It is usually the good politicians that are sacrificed in this way at the first opportunity because they don't tow the line and do as they're told. There was once an unwritten rule between politicians and the press gallery and that was that private lives remained private. The press follow politicians everywhere so they all know what goes on behind closed doors after hours but so long as it is not illegal and does not directly effect their ability to carry out their role as a public servant,its taboo. Is it any wonder why our Governments are now secret societies.

If you asked one of todays main stream journalists to reserach and write a real news story with substance they would give you a story on Paris Hiltons favourite nose candy.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Its a shame you assume I am a supporter. However I was assume you talking about abstinence. In which case I stand by my stance. I would liken it to say theft. People are going to steal.... should we say, well people are going to steal so lets just make it legal?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Okay so the man sent a photo to a 21 year old female...with her consent..what's the big fuss over? Sure he made up a lie to cover it up but honestly 99% of you would also try to make something up too.

Check the news. He did more than that. The deal is about at least two important aspects that we think we are voting for when we put someone in office. Those are (in the least) character and wisdom/judgment.

He fails in both cases. He represents the exact type of people that surround him in those same duties. That is why we are in the terrible state we are in. A another case very similar is the legitimacy of our President. If I were a democrat rather than an independent, I would DEMAND that our man prove that he was squeaky clean in order to protect our party. But he can't do that, they know it, and every democrat is looking the other way at his qualifications and, since his election, what he is or is not doing in that office.

All current politics in this country resides in a state of disgrace and corruption, betrayers of the common decency we expected. (Palin's explanation that she was correct after all and that PR was warning the British also is just yesterday's evidence of how politicians work. Her supporters will believe her, of course, so who is really to blame?) .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join