It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate stars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I hate stars, I hate flags, and I hate those new gold and silver borders around people's posts. What's the point of all this stuff anyways? Other websites don't do stuff like that. Is it supposed to be a way of measuring the value of a member?

Just felt like ranting about something. Probably gonna get 404'd.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Dammit, who S+F'd me?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Stars are of course the general measure, by audience approval, of adding content to the site..not just content mind you, but actual semi-valueable, insightful, or at least humorous/interesting comments.

Stars perhaps are a good measure for how well you do interacting as a whole around here. I like the concept personally.

Flags..well, flags obviously are for decent subjects you bring to the table here...a person with a ton of flags means he has an eye for bringing relevant topics to ATS

Applause means nothing, they should do away with it...its basically a mod's version of starring you with extra cookie points or some such, however, one person's trash is another person's treasure. I got applauded for halfarsed posts that deserved nothing, and others have wrote all but invalueable posts to really alter a thread and was ignored...otherwise, I like the star and flag system.

that and of course you can cash out your stars for gold once you hit a certain point...but you need over 10k stars before the button appears to cash out

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I forgot about applause, I hate that as well.

What happens when you get 1000 stars? Can you exchange them for an applause?

Edit: And now we've got all this WATS and Karma and stuff, I feel like I'm in pre-school where they give you a little sticker every time you do something good.

Edit: And that border is pretty annoying, they can't just put a little badge on your profile saying your a gold or silver member like they used to?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, Mr. Fussy Britches, I've been speaking with them, and they hate you, too.

So stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Well, can't argue with that.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Edit: And that border is pretty annoying, they can't just put a little badge on your profile saying your a gold or silver member like they used to?

That border rocks! don't be hatin'

Now, if they can somehow make it sparkle and animate all around, that would be sweet...and perhaps a "hail to the chief" midi file playing in a loop

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Don't give them ideas.

While I'm ranting, why is there no neutral or serious emoticon?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I starred you for humorous content.

And I would be more for the borders if the gold actually looked like gold. Maybe it's my color profile though.... don't want to contemplate that.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I never really investigated it, but when I began paying attention to this site, I assumed the S & F's were redeemable for merchandise. Kind of like Pepsi points.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
the star and flag concept I feel appeals to the addictive mind
There is a compulsion to get stars and flags that gives one a mild high
at least I have felt the craving though I don't like to admit it
I don't so much mind the flag part I feel that it is relevant for important posts but the stars I wouldn't mind them going away
edit on 7-6-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

that and of course you can cash out your stars for gold once you hit a certain point...but you need over 10k stars before the button appears to cash out

Oh boy I can't wait to get mee' Gold

new topics

top topics

join