It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its time to put an end to the word proof in titles, unless you actually have proof

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by boncho

I know it, It is a very hot topic. I wonder what will come of all the people who are so convinced that it is everything but a comet. What do you think the chances are of someone actually making a thread saying that they were wrong?

I've been compiling a list of predictions based on "proof"
although most predictions now are waiting for the comet, oops sorry brown dwarf to destroy us all. Current state is:

Date , By , When
What , Outcome

, , 21st May 2011
. Rapture with world end in October , ** Nothing

25th March , nedined , Before october 2011
. Comet Elenin is a brown dwarf - Niburu , (waiting)

15th April , Bob Sholtz , 16th Oct 2011
. Comet Elenin will collide with space station (waiting)

20th April , TrueAmerican , Impending
. Devastating Tokyo earthquake , ** Nothing

21st April , Phantomfire707 , 22nd Apr 2011
. Mega huge earthquake in the US , ** Nothing

21st April , Thermo Klein , Impending
. 7.9 Earthquake for California , ** Nothing

26th April , Fury1984 , May 2nd 2011
. Dollar dumped US economic collapse , ** Nothing

5th May , Jed001 , May 21st 2011
. Rapture will not occur , TRUE WELL DONE Jed001

9th May , , May 11th 2011
. Rome destroyed - planetary alignment consequences , ** Nothing

10th May , grindhouzer , May 11th 2011
. planetary alignment with Mali, Africa, big quake? , ** Nothing

12th May , bekod , next few weeks
. WWIII/Mass terrorist attacks on US soil , (waiting, for how long?)

24th May , Dalke07 , Oct 11th 2011
. Enter age of Aquarius , (waiting)

07 Jun , Sky watcher , sep 26th 2011
. Comet elenin alignment 240 times greater than 15th march , (waiting)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I agree. Seems some here are only concerned about Topic Hits and gaining titles, instead of seeking truth. This site has become a fanboi site to say the very least.
More science people should contribute cause all these cooks contributing is bringing this site down hard.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Let's not forget:

!!!SMOKING GUN!!!

Truth being that the only thing 'smoking' is the sawdust for brains between the Ops ears.

IRM

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My reason part deeply agrees with you and stands for it.
My entertainment part is strongly against it.

And me... Logging into ATS wouldnt be the same without the catchy UNDENIABLE PROOF around

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I would agree with you but the T&C sometimes gets in the way.
If a article is named proof of chupacabra?.
You see where I'm getting at here it has to have the complete title Etc...
But all they are doing is employing an old journalistic tactic.
Give them the headline they want but with a question mark, that way all of the story body can be nonsense.
Proof?
There it is, but I'm feelin ya!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OlympusMons

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Breaking! Must read! Urgent! Proof! Warning! Just revealed!."

I did start this thread awhile back. Please ck it out....
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
PROOF, SHOCKING, ITS OFFICIAL.... It is like a bunch of wannabe tabloid writers fighting for a position.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Preach, I know it won't change but damn! I don't know where people get this from that's why TV writers come to conspiracy websites! That's why we see this stuff on TV.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

I bet they do, one of my friends that come here is making a comic strip having to do with reptilians, NWO, inner earth and other government black ops. Too bad he doesn't know my name to give me stars lol

Yeah, I talked about this PROOF thing yesterday in a tread, when you see the word PROOF (especially in caps), you know it's bs and the poster just want to hopefully manipulate you.

Modesty is the key to capture intelligent conspirators almost : NO PROOF, just opinion and a couple obscure connections.

Make sure your friend includes Chemtrails .. perhaps the reptillians are creating those as part of a joint government black op venture... PROOF!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I like 'proof' in the titles. It's always a good indicator that the thread is going to be a complete waste of time.

The one's that say "I'm not sure about this" are the ones that are scary....

:lol boncho

Yeah when I see a thread with OMG PROOF in the title I just ignore it or depending on what it is in reference to I will and then later regret looking....

AGREED OP! This is getting nuts, it's like people see it gets their thread attention so they use completely fabricated titles to get attention.

I know ATS rules says you aren't suppose to do that, nothing misleading and well claiming something as proof like oh IDK a base on Mars' when there is no proof of that whatsoever will get you lots of attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by Heartisblack

Sadly I dont see an end to this anytime soon. With comet elenin coming in, no thats not a typo i said comet and i mean comet, and 2012 coming I fear it will only get worse. Maybe after we are all alive and have nothing to talk about on December 22 it will start to die down. Maybe someone should start a prediction thread on when the proof craze will die down.

Do you really believe when we are all alive in 2013 people wont end up following a new end of the world?

Also I havent been on this site long and I have already had my fair share of these proof threads lol. Perhaps words like proof, official should all just be left out of titles all togther and if the posters consider it to be proof put up a bit by the title like the Hoax one.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am glad i am not the only one who has an issue with "PROOF"
Lately my replies to these threads have been something like this;

Proof, Noun

a : the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact b : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning
obsolete : experience
: something that induces certainty or establishes validity
archaic : the quality or state of having been tested or tried; especially : unyielding hardness

This kind of reply is like aspirin for the 'proof' hangover that so many excited members have when making these boasts.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My reliable indicators that a thread will be utterly devoid of facts or logic :

the title will include

"proof "

" ************ admits "

" ************* lets slip "

"********** schools *************"

"debunkers "

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been said here or not yet but...

I think what we are seeing here is a new generation of folks that just have not been around the block enough times with all of this material to know better.

That is my best guess after hanging around ATS for a while. One group gets educated or whatever and there is another right behind it.

What blows my mind is that these folks never seem to look backwards but pick this stuff up and run with it like no one has ever seen it before. This is the post-post modern era; it is all about looking backward. It's all on Google now.

What once was the proprietary realm of 'conspiracy theorists' is now totally mainstream. None of it is a secret anymore. But these new gangs of 'seekers' behave as though it is. They seem to be in search of a 'feeling' rather than knowledge.

They need to be introduced to their predecessors.

I never thought I would say this but I think that this entire new cadre needs to be introduced to the works of Robert Anton Wilson. Someone needs to let them in on the joke.

And many need to be reminded that there was a joke in the first place. Even me.

And also, and probably most importantly they need to be introduced to the works of Charles Fort, the father of all of this stuff.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Frater210 because: Tidied it up.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have to agree with you. No one will ever have any proof to anything on this website or any other website. Never, ever, ever will we get the truth about our real history, why we are here, and where the hell we came from. Its just all hearsay, myths, and legends. And stories that are crafted to confuse us even more. We are among the most confused people in human history. Our story has been purposely filtered and hidden from each of us. We've only been given the story that we are only allowed to have by the most Elite families. They have managed to do this generation after generation. Do you really think they want us all to know the real truth? Do you really think they want us to acquire the powers that they have? Hell no! And they will go to great lengths to keep it all hush hush. We will never have any PROOF to anything, Its just not going to happen, not until the day we die. Besides would you and everyone else be able to handle the truth if you heard it?

Truth is rarely writ in ink; it lives in nature. ~Martin H. Fischer

If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? ~Dogen

There’s a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure the truth. Maya Angelou

Truth is within ourselves. There is an inmost center in us all, where the truth abides in fullness. Robert Browning

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I hear ya there, and when circumstances like that come up then there is nothing you can do. I mean if the actual article you are starting a thread about has the word proof then hands are tied, since it is usually best to use the exact title of the article your referring to.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be great if ATS had a policy that encouraged TRUTH and ACCURACY instead of SENSATIONALISM and SLANDER?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join