It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin fans attempt to rewrite Paul Revere’s Wikipedia page

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Sarah Palin supporters are literally attempting to rewrite history after she flubbed the story of Paul Revere's ride last week last week, taking to Wikipedia with their own revisions to the beloved story in an effort to make Palin's version look true.

But Wikipedia didn't back up Palin's suggestion that Revere's mission was to warn the British or that he rang bells in the process so her fans tried to update the page.

"Most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects," was the revision that one user added to the page.

That update was later reverted with the message "content not backed by a reliable sources (it was sarah palin interview videos)."

Another update to the page said, "Accounts differ regarding the method of alerting the colonists; the generally accepted position is that the warnings were verbal in nature, although one disputed account suggested that Revere rang bells during his ride."

"In the article on Paul Revere, someone has added false information in an effort to support Sarah Palin's FALSE claims about Paul Revere," one Wikipedia editor noted. "This must be removed as it is a LIE designed to mislead."

www.rawstory.com...

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

She's good like that... First it was the dictionary.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
well for a more accurate picture of the last 30 years of this nations history the left has rewritten history in many ways and many times over.

so its not ok for palin supporters to write anything on wiki but its ok for obama supporters to do so.

to set the record straight i do not support any revisionist history of any kind.

i do not trust any modern day sources on any given subject matter.

what i know what what i have lived through myself

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Hilarious.. Almost every word out of her mouth is made up.. It is so funny to see so many morons line up behind her, because they are in fact too dumb to realize she has the IQ of a lemon.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Link your claims from the left or it is just hot air.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I ike how Palin refers to a very reasonable, simple question about Paul Revere as a 'shout out gotcha' question. Even though the person did, in fact, not 'shout out'. "Gotcha Question" just seems to be her catch-all for 'question i am too ignorant to answer so I will just call the question a name'.

anyway, TOO funny her 'fans' tried to change wiki to suit her asinine answer.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
lol History fail.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

so its not ok for palin supporters to write anything on wiki but its ok for obama supporters to do so.

Right on cue with the partisan logic, eh neo?

who said it's 'okay for obammo supporters to do so'? Not I. Not anyone here. Straw man alert!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

"In a shout out, gotcha question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. I know my American history," she insisted.

A gotcha question? "Who was Paul Revere" is a gotcha question?
Of course. Revere's ride had nothing to do with the invasion. Of course not.
edit on 6/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

"In a shout out, gotcha question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. I know my American history," she insisted.

A gotcha question? "Who was Paul Revere" is a gotcha question?
edit on 6/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Gotcha Question- Palinism- Short-hand for 'question I am too ignorant to answer'.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This comes as no surprise. The Government rewrites history whenever it suits them.

A much as you might not like Mrs Plain, this is just the people doing the same as the Government when they're given half a chance.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Does it really matter? Our history has been so revised to the point the first revised story is now considered the truth. Unless they were to change it to Israel Bissel, I could care less. Anything less is just another lie.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

examples of the lefts revisionist history

fdr

how many americans today know that he cheated on his wife?

how many americans today know that fdr locked up and threw her own american citizens into interment camps?

how many americans today know that fdr stole private property from the american public 2 fold one by confiscating american gold and stealing the gold from fort knox?

how many americans know that fdr was the creator of fanny mae?

just a few examples of the so called strawman.

it is a fact that real american history is no longer taught in the country.

what you call partisan logic i call putting the topic into proper context.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
for reference, what Palin actually said:

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed,"

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

what you call partisan logic i call putting the topic into proper context.

If you think pointing out so-called ills from one side of the spectrum forgives the other, then, yes, you are being quite partisan. You claim that 'the left' lets obama apologists re-write history, but I have nt done that, and no one in this thread has.

o, yes, your logic is partisan based.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
wow..like i said in the original thread..if she is that stupid..how stupid are her..supporters?!?....funny that we dont hear from many..or should i say any of her ..supporters on ATS....i wonder if any of her..supports..even watched the video...from the video, it is obvious that she has no idea about the story and is totally caught off gaurd....welcome to the future of american polotics....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ignorance is ignorance no matter who exhibits it.
Ignorance of such a basic part of American history and tradition on the part of a politician...
Sort of speaks for itself.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

did you even bother to read what you wrote in the original post?

palin supporters is the very definition of partisan.

the context of the matter is the left have rewritten the nations history for decades and those same people who support and defend anyone is does not think like they do and that means obama and the left.

so everything they do negates anyone that puts them or those people in a bad light.

history is exactly that history no agendas straight unbiased reports of who did what when and where.

any book you picked up in schools or universities attempt to marginalize anyone that diverges from that agenda they want to push.
edit on 6-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

examples of the lefts revisionist history

fdr

how many americans today know that he cheated on his wife?

Not important

how many americans today know that fdr locked up and threw her own american citizens into interment camps?

I learned this in high school

how many americans today know that fdr stole private property from the american public 2 fold one by confiscating american gold and stealing the gold from fort knox?

Myth. Only one person was prosecuted, no gold was stolen.

how many americans know that fdr was the creator of fanny mae?

Again, I learned this in high school.

How is any of this 'revisionist history'? Just because you didn't know about this stuff at one point, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. All of this info is widely available on the web.

Care to back up your claim about Obama supporters rewriting history?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You seem to be going way out of your way to defend the actions of these 'palin supporters' who intentionally tried to re-write some entries in wikipedia to make Palin's VERY WRONG answer seem correct for someone who claims to not be a Republican.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join