It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God 3%. Satan 97%. Does God needs a new marketing man?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You wrote:

["We've all failed to be perfect and God is a perfect being"]

If you're a repenting sinner, fine.

But don't superimpose that box on me; so unless you want to write 'ideological fascism' all over your post, please state, that:

"Bogomil is exempted from the label of imperfection as it is defined by my version of theism".

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Everyone knows of God/Jesus.

It isn't a poor marketing plan. Everyone has their own personal choice to make. If people are going to somehow justify not believing in God in light of 2000 years of Christianity, that's their own problem.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

It isn't a poor marketing plan. Everyone has their own personal choice to make. If people are going to somehow justify not believing in God in light of 2000 years of Christianity, that's their own problem.

And more know of Buddha and Krishna, after 2.500 years of having them around.

And if people choose not to be buddhists or hindus, it's THEIR problem. Only it isn't a problem at all.

It's only a problem for SOME people to be without a religion, and consequently they believe everybody should have one. On the weird assumption, that they (the religionists) are the essence of mankind.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You wrote:

["We've all failed to be perfect and God is a perfect being"]

If you're a repenting sinner, fine.

But don't superimpose that box on me; so unless you want to write 'ideological fascism' all over your post, please state, that:

"Bogomil is exempted from the label of imperfection as it is defined by my version of theism".

Lol..

I operate on my conditions, not yours.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
with all the conspiracies on this site, and that you are a member of it, you know that 90% of the people in the world believe that a change is in progress, and something is coming! when crisis hits, and you are in the middle of it, you can curse god, or you can beg him for salvation from it. it will be just that way... you cursing god or or praising him .... but his name will come up! when it comes to the fence, you will no longer be sitting on it, you will be under it or above it! maybe you should read the good book one more time, this time not as an educated man, but a humble one.......you sound like the prodical son waiting to return to his father. its okay, he will be glad to have you back!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

And if people choose not to be buddhists or hindus, it's THEIR problem. Only it isn't a problem at all.

It's only a problem for SOME people to be without a religion, and consequently they believe everybody should have one. On the weird assumption, that they (the religionists) are the essence of mankind.

Buddha and Krishna didn't come and perform miracles and tell people that he was the only way to the father.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
with all the conspiracies on this site, and that you are a member of it, you know that 90% of the people in the world believe that a change is in progress, and something is coming! when crisis hits, and you are in the middle of it, you can curse god, or you can beg him for salvation from it. it will be just that way... you cursing god or or praising him .... but his name will come up! when it comes to the fence, you will no longer be sitting on it, you will be under it or above it! maybe you should read the good book one more time, this time not as an educated man, but a humble one.......you sound like the prodical son waiting to return to his father. its okay, he will be glad to have you back!

"Seeing is believing".

Do you think, I should surrender to your myths/fantasies, because you repeat a prophecy which has been hanging around for app. 2000 years (on average twice a century in major contexts).

Cower ye mortals, the wrath of the flying spaghetti monster is neigh.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Buddha and Krishna didn't come and perform miracles and tell people that he was the only way to the father.

According to myth, or do you mean in reality, (concerning miracles)?

But it's true, that the special form of christian ideological fascism, "we alone have the way" is absent in much of eastern philosophy. That's one of the things making e.g. buddhism so sympathetic.
edit on 8-6-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Narrow is the path.

Of course Buddhism seems sympathetic. There is no sense of divine retribution. Alot of people would love to just do whatever the hell they want to whoever they want with no fear of consequence.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Narrow is the path.

Of course Buddhism seems sympathetic. There is no sense of divine retribution. Alot of people would love to just do whatever the hell they want to whoever they want with no fear of consequence.

I'm afraid, that your ignorance about buddhism is even greater that your missionary zeal FOR christianity.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I liken my ignorance to Buddhism to my ignorance of the Illiad.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I liken my ignorance to Buddhism to my ignorance of the Illiad.

I try it another way, maybe more accessible to you. Please tell me where the absense of fascistic ideology (e.g. as in theist elitism), as manifested in its opposite: Egalitarian, liberal, secular democracy is characterized by the resulting anarchy you suggest?
edit on 8-6-2011 by bogomil because: a word changed

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
How do you know what God's ultimate plans are? Do you claim to know what he is thinking? From the sounds of your post you don't believe the Bible anyway so why question something you don't believe in?
No human "wisdom" can even begin to understand the complexities of God... he may surprise you.

If no human can understand God then theists should stop telling us what they cannot possibly know and scrap those lying Bibles. You are right that I do not believe in the genocidal fool of the Bible but I am not an atheist.

As to why I am in this.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Promoting death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
7. The Fall of Man is way oversimplified here and pretty much everywhere, but I'll save that for another comment if anyone cares to hear it.

Not me.
Knowing that you believe in fantasy, miracles and magic is all I need to know.
Also knowing that you would have us take the immoral position of trying to profit from the murder of an innocent man and believe in barbaric blood sacrifices is enough.

You go ahead and take the moral low ground. I will stay in the moral high ground.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
God doesn't need any kind of marketing in my honest opinion. God just is and no proof must be to a true believer of this divine presence around us, within us, part of us. As time goes by and your spiritual sense starts to arise, you realize than inside you there is a part of god essence, in every human here on earth also.

You make the notion that to elevate our spiritual sense, which I equate to a moral sense, is a good thing.
Yet when A & E did just that, biblically speaking of course, God threw one hell of a sissy fit all over them and us.

What's up with that?
God is disagreeing quite harshly with your view.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
kinda like ...Santa 97%..

Easter bunny..3%..

none of them are real...

so who cares?

right?

Those who are being abused by those who believe care.
We should also care what happens to them. If human and good.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Promoting death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by sprocket2cog

The OP is not sincerely questioning this. He's making a comic attempt to say God is stupid and Satan is the winner.

Go to his/her profile.

All his/her threads are the same theme.

God bad/Christians stupid.

I admit that I think that any God who uses genocide on mankind is quite bad and deserves to have people tell him so.

If good people would have said the same to Stalin then perhaps Hitler would not have followed in God's genocidal footsteps.

Regards
DL
edit on 10-6-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

ETA: If you're going to take on the bible, you should at least read it.

edit on 6/6/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 6/6/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/6/2011 by Klassified because: ETA:

Which one?
The one that says I can have many wives or the one that says just the one?
The one that says to kill Gays or the one that allows them to be priests?
Is just your version correct or are they all?

BTW. Why should I take seriously any book that begins with a talking snake and ends with a seven headed monster?

Any fool would know that it is a book of myths and has little to do with reality.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If longevity equates to truth then you might remember that most religions out there are older than Christianity.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join