It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suzanne Somers Throws Knockout for Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I grew up watching her on threes company

now she has a storie to tell. i think any one who as cancer and gets chemotherapy should take
the time to hear her story.
Diagnosed 6 times for cancer 6 diffrent doctors all wrong...
Did you get a chemo sensitivaty test...
See what happend to farrah fawcett...
Now she fights back in her way

If you search a bit on youtube you will find more...

edit on 6-6-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you,
you have no idea how much this means to me right now...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
For those with a bit more of an attention span you can read about Ms. Somers' book and her diagnoses, and her "treatments" here. That is, if you wish to see the other side of the coin.
Suzanne Somers
edit on 6/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I like you, please don't tell me I have a short attention span - I'm just very busy with a lot of different things and I'm also being prescribed Keppra... aren't you a cancer survivor yourself???

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Yes I am.
The short attention span comment may have been uncalled for but a youtube video of Somers selling her book and the bad science contained within it is no substitute for real research.

Maybe I was lucky the internet wasn't around when I was diagnosed. I had to go the the library and read.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
Thank you,
you have no idea how much this means to me right now...

They say 95% off all illness starts in the brain, thats probably why placebos work for some..

If you believe in something it just might trigger in you some kind of process to back track the illness

Maybe it would help to watch the videos about baking soda.. there is even a thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you might even like
run from the cure

Good luck to you friend...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You have no freakin clue how much reading I've been doing for the last 15+ years.
What do you have against me? Why are you so quick to judge others when you have no idea who they even are? Are you watching me or something? Seriously man, have a heart.. you starting to sound as bad as this David Gorski guy.

The reason I said "thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me" is because I've been diagnosed with Brain cancer for the 2nd time after having nothing happen to me for a very long time; close to 15 years. I've been doing TONS of my own research lately, and what Somers is stating goes along with the way I feel about all of it, I'm agreeing with the type of things she's talking about. If I went out and starting giving speeches nobody would listen to me, nobody knows who the hell I am and could care less - at least with some celebrities talking, maybe more people will stop to think about things more instead of just automatically doing what somebody else tells them to do.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

I am well aware of what placebos are and have already read up on the whole baking soda thing, but thank you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have an uncle that was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer about 20 years ago. He did the first round of chemo and radiation, but when the cancer returned, he decided he wasn't going through all of that again. Instead, he used a common sense approach to diet, cut out harsh chemicals and sugars, began growing many of his own vegetables, gave up red meat and most chicken, and now 20 years later, there is no sign of his prior ailments.

My Mom has been hyping this Suzanne Somers stuff for awhile, but I haven't given it all that much attention.

BUT, that doesn't mean it doesn't have merit. I don't see any reason to discount what she is teaching, because at the very least and most basic, she is promoting a very healthy lifestyle!

There is no reason to criticize what she is preaching, there is no way it should be considered "dangerous" and we should support anyone that is preaching healthy living.

Personally, I would still go see a doctor, but if I ever find myself in need of cancer treatment, you better believe I will be doing everything humanly possible. Alkaline body chemistry, organic chemical and hormone free diet, monatomic gold and silver, chemo, radiation, prayer, meditation, exercise, oxygen enrichment, and anything else that might come along between now and then!! Why throw anything out?
edit on 6-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

ETA: I forgot one. There is the super-immune treatment where they pump your body full of a bunch of dead viruses for everything they can think of, and they elicit an overcompensation by your immune system.

The reason I bring all of this up, is because my best friend and ex-D1 football player is 29 years old and currently on his 3rd round of Chemo and Radiation to battle a rare soft-tissue cancer. This time around he is doing everything I mentioned above and then some! He is doing chemo and radiation, and testing his urine for pH, and eating entirely organic and chemical free, and hormone free, and sugar free, and he as soon as the chemo and radiation are done, he is travelling to the islands to have the super-immune treatment and plasma therapy, and his mom also paid a witch doctor to remove all the bad mojo put on him! Might as well try it all!!
edit on 6-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
so can someone explain her theory because I have never seen it fully explained I have seen her talking it about it on cable news shows. Bu twhat is she exactly advocating for??

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Maybe I was lucky the internet wasn't around when I was diagnosed. I had to go the the library and read.

Did you learn anything useful?
Personally I'd listen to the doctors and look at a healthier diet..
If I heard about any cures like the Baking Soda then I'd ask the doctors why it would or wouldn't work..

You are right that there are a lot of quacks out there..
Separating the facts is a tough ask...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

The article I linked goes into it some detail.
It also shows that Somers' knows very little about her own body or the treatments she went through.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Take it easy.

I have nothing against you. If you notice, my first post was not directed at you. I did not mean to imply that you have not done research. My complaint is with people like the OP who post youtube videos saying, "See! Cancer is no big deal if you don't pay attention to what "big pharma" says!" Posts like his are doing no one any favors.

I am glad you have studied all sides of the issue. Anyone who does not do so is foolish.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I learned that radiation therapy and chemotherapy were my best options by a long shot and that they gave me a good chance of survival. I learned that without treatment my cancer was 100% fatal.

What I learned allowed me to choose conventional over alternative therapies. Unfortunately I knew others who made the other decision. They're dead.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
After going completely cold turkey off of caffeine and feeling like my head was literally going to explode for an entire week, and at first assuming it was a side effect of these pills I'm on now, but now realizing it was just caffeine withdrawal.. I've been busy questioning a LOT more things lately, and I'm the type of person who always questioned a lot of things to begin with...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

I learned that radiation therapy and chemotherapy were my best options by a long shot and that they gave me a good chance of survival. I learned that without treatment my cancer was 100% fatal.

What I learned allowed me to choose conventional over alternative therapies. Unfortunately I knew others who made the other decision. They're dead.

You absorb things sure, but not always the right things... The focus is blood chemistry towards alkaline. The target is tumor walls. The ammo is introducing acid once the body is set.

Acid-Alkaline Balance and Your Health

by Virginia Worthington, ScD

Many healers are concerned with the level of acidity or alkalinity of the body, from orthodox medical doctors to alternative practitioners like cancer doctor Emanuel Revici, controversial test developer Dr. Carey Reams or the sleeping prophet Edgar Cayce. When these different healers speak about acid-alkaline balance in the body, what do they mean? Why is this important? And how do nutrition and lifestyle affect acid/alkaline balance? Our purpose here is to explore this topic and to answer some of these questions, particularly as it relates to the research of Dr. Weston Price.

www.alkaline-alkaline.com...

Deoxycholic acid (the name says it all, makes national news)
Amygdalin (forms low dose cyanide instead of disastrous radiation)
Capsaicin (leads to acid production in the digestive system)
EBC-46 (newly discovered extract w/ strikingly similar effects)
Grape Seed Extract (same concept w/ digestive acid production)

edit on 6-6-2011 by Crakeur because: reduced incredibly long quote. only a snippet is necessary

edit on 6-6-2011 by Crakeur because: added link to quoted material

new topics

top topics

join