It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Soldiers Record ‘Trophy Videos’ of Dead Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66affedffb14.jpg[/atsimg]

While the Syrian government continues to insist that it is facing not an uprising by peaceful protesters but a rebellion by “armed groups,” a different pictures emerges in video clips apparently recorded inside Syria’s besieged cities by members of the Syrian security forces.

In several clips that seem to have been filmed as souvenirs by men taking part in military operations against protesters, and later obtained by opposition activists, there is a relaxed, almost casual attitude among the government forces.

One clip, posted online in April, showed members of the security forces playing to the camera as they beat, kicked and stepped on protesters forced to lie face down on the street in the town of Bayda. Another, shared on a Syrian activist Facebook page on Monday, is said to have been originally produced by one of the shabiha, a militia loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. This video features heroic music over images of heavily armed men in uniforms smiling and laughing as they chat near the bloody corpses of two men in civilian clothes.

Here is a video from the article: (sorry in advance for the music)

NY Times Link it Full Story

I have no real comment for this, for honestly right now I'm kinda fed up with the entire middle east and all those associated with it.
I wish things like this didn't happen because it is an insult to all life, including humanity.
Even in war we should respect those we kill and honor them, yes our enemies!
I feel sorry for the way things are headed if this is just a footnote.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Any professional military that condones this sort of behavior and doesn't prosecute those involved should be annihilated. It's bad enough they're murdering protesters, but to collect little trophy like mementos is simply insulting and displays a disregard for human life.

This reminds me of those "kill team" soldiers in Afghanistan, except the US Army doesn't condone the behavior, they prosecute it. I'd like to see the Syrian Army fight against a REAL professional armed force. They need their asses kicked.

join