It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Finally Admits TOTAL Meltdown at 3 Nuclear Reactors within Hours of Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You didn’t really believe we’d heard the last about Fukushima did you?

Japan Finally Admits TOTAL Meltdown at 3 Nuclear Reactors within Hours of Earthquake

For months, Tepco and Japanese officials refused to admit that there had been any meltdowns at Fukushima. Then they said there were meltdowns at reactors 1, 2 and 3 ... but they might have only been partial meltdowns. Finally, today, they admitted the obvious: there were total meltdowns at all 3 reactors.

So how serious is it? Well…………………..

As the Japan Times reports today, the Japanese Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency has "more than doubled its estimate of the radioactive material ejected into the air in the early days of the Fukushima nuclear crisis".

More than doubled? Is this one of those exponential situations where double the radioactivity is actually ten, twenty, a hundred times worse? I admit ignorance on that part.

Japan Times also notes that plutonium has been found in soil outside of the nuclear complex - about 1.7 kilometers from the front gate of Fukushima.

Plutonium? 1.7 Kilometers from the front gate?

How serious is it that we are talking plutonium specifically?

From Answers.com:

Plutonium is one of the most dangerous substances on earth. Particularly if it can get airborne. Breathing in less than a microgram will cause cancer and kill you. Not right away, but over a decade or so. And if you have a "bulk quantity" that you touch together and it will create a critical mass, the radiation burst will be fatal. You'll be history within 30 days or less. It's hard to imagine an elemental substance more dangerous than this one.

It’s been my personal belief that from the outset that Fukushima could prove the worst environmental accident in history. I also believed we would only get snippets of information, parceled out at just the right time, as TPTB felt okay with.

Folks, I don’t think we’ll ever get the full story on Fukushima and how very serious it really is.

Guess we’ll just have to wait until that second head starts growing on our shoulders.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Absolute proof that government can not be trusted.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There goes the Japanese goverments credability on everything for the next xxx years.

why lie about somthing so big that effects the world:
Did they think it was SO bad that everyone would die - no need to admit anything
Did they think it would disapate into the atmosphere and everyone would be like "oh well its done now and no major issues"
Did they think....?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The worlds largest plutonium dirty bomb, and the world has been breathing that dust since day two.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Aren't ummm "two heads better than one"???????????????????

edit on 6-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Aren't ummm "two heads better than one"???????????????????

edit on 6-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I laughed.

I am shamed

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

First off, you mean: PRIVATE COMPANIES CAN'T BE TRUSTED

Governments work with the data they gets from the companies.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What might they have been trying to avoid?

Would some global nuclear group come in and spray japan in foam?

A simple delay of global ridicule?

Surely, in a potentally world effecting disaster you would want all the help you can get and make as many preventative and protective decisions asap!

I dont get, whats the angle on not coming clean straight away, perhaps to avoid panic? Only possible angle i can come up with.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
The worlds largest plutonium dirty bomb, and the world has been breathing that dust since day two.

www.youtube.com...

Just for the sake of argument, if Fukushima was a deliberate ploy, it would make sense to use a natural disaster such as the earthquake, then artificially create the conditions post tsunami...then down play the entire thing to the world...only to watch a world wide cancer pandemic erupt...population control?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Panic would be the smart bet.

After all, aren't these government officials and their families in grave danger? Same with Tepco executives and their families?

They are holding back lots of important information to this.

If all that info were to be released and it confirmed the dire circumstances involved then how do you think the majority of people would react?

They'd panic. Again, the smart bet.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I fail to think the government couldn't have, since the vast size of this disaster over-ruled and released proper information on the extent of the disaster.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sad, that within a year of each other, two of the largest environmental disasters in history are no longer presented to the populace as something that needs to be solved. More buried on page 10 news, while this story was top news:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Maybe they think the oil slick will make it's way to Japan eventually and saturate and soak up the radiation. Dissipating both problems into oblivion. /end sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The delay is explained simply.... They knew how bad it was from the beginning, but based on Japanese culture, few dared to speak of failures, while constantly insisting that they would be successful in ending the crisis... Japanese simply do not ever admit failure until it is so obvious that they can't avoid it.

They honestly believed that they could take care of this, and that the press, the Japanese people and the word would never have to know how bad it actually was.

You have to understand Japanese culture a bit, and when you do, you will understand why information was so slow in coming from them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
You have to understand Japanese culture a bit, and when you do, you will understand why information was so slow in coming from them.

on the world stage this is really no excuse at all, if theres a possibly that double the amount of radioactive crap spewed into the air, the globe wants to know everything and im sure if somthing happen next door to japan they would want to know!!!

rather panic everyone and be safe than to sit on your thumbs and just hope its not so bad, that desicion could have killed way more than it might still now and we would be blissfully ignorant eitherway.

Uncool japan (whichever body decided to keep things quiet), very uncool.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Forget Elenin, disclosure, warfare, etc... our own arrogance with both BP and these reactors will be the end of human life on earth... ok, maybe one more man-made screw up is needed. Maybe that new super-bug in Europe?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Sad, that within a year of each other, two of the largest environmental disasters in history are no longer presented to the populace as something that needs to be solved.

Startling isn't it?

Outta the news...outta the mindset I guess.

Got to give it to them. It appears to be working quite well for them. B*st*rds!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It will be a short wait for the second head to start growing, I just saw a two headed house finch visit my bird feeder.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaldingBassist
Forget Elenin, disclosure, warfare, etc... our own arrogance with both BP and these reactors will be the end of human life on earth... ok, maybe one more man-made screw up is needed. Maybe that new super-bug in Europe?

right on my man, right on.

We need help. This massive wordly wheel of money, desicion power, militry power, endless politics and simple greed of a small few, will sentence us all to the ultimate end and theres little the single informed person can do about it. Makes me very sad.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

You're right, it is not a valid excuse, but sadly, that is the way the Japanese are.

No matter how small, or big the issues are.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This should be a lesson to anyone inclined to believe the official story spouted by government, corporations and the media.

When it really counts.

When lives are on the line.

They will LIE!!!

So what are they lying about right now?

hmmm .... makes you wonder doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join