It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genocide, Jews, Demonic Possession and the Amalek

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You are reasoning from an ultra-religious point of view, that of nut job Jews. Of course everyone who is not Jewish is an anti-semite to them.

You are talking about demonic possession.

I urge you to go talk to a mental physician.

All of this appears to have something to do with the Amalek mentioned in the Torah.

Go read up on self-fulfilling prophecies after you go to the doctor.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Ive already mentioned the possibility of the Amalek-story being a self-fullfilling prophecy on page one.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Are you have the opinion that I should not be writing about this particular viewpoint shared by so many throughout History? I think its of vital importance to know what these people believe.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Ive already mentioned the possibility of the Amalek-story being a self-fullfilling prophecy on page one.

I would be more inclined to believe that the whole ideology of persecution, is manufactured by zionist jews.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I am finding this a quite interesting read. I am presently on the Wiki page you provided describing what we know of the Amalek. This is from that page and is speculative but if it is true...

Amalekites did indeed exist at this early period having originated in the region of Mecca before the time of Abraham.

And also

Numbers 20 Then he looked on Amalek and took up his discourse and said, Amalek was the first among the nations, but its end is utter destruction.

If the Amalekites existed before the Judeo Christian God created Abraham, then can we assume they are not thought to be created by Abraham's God or the scriptures would read God of Abraham... and the Amalekites. It also mentions Amalek may have been taller than normal, a part of their name means "tall."
edit on 7-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Sometimes, when it is as it is, it is as it is. The possibility is pretty much what is going on.

Are you have the opinion that I should not be writing about this particular viewpoint shared by so many throughout History? I think its of vital importance to know what these people believe.

Sure, it can be informative to know what idiots 2000 years ago believed. The same goes for today, it is important to know what the idiots of the world believe - in order to distance oneself from all the religious stupidity and insanity that is going on. Of which your thread is a wonderful example, it shows the level of insanity and irrationality one has to accept before any of this religious quackery about "chosen people" on one side and god knows what on the other side makes sense. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Sure, it can be informative to know what idiots 2000 years ago believed. The same goes for today, it is important to know what the idiots of the world believe - in order to distance oneself from all the religious stupidity and insanity that is going on. Of which your thread is a wonderful example, it shows the level of insanity and irrationality one has to accept before any of this religious quackery about "chosen people" on one side and god knows what on the other side makes sense. Thanks.

Some people find that insane. Others find genocide insane. Each to his own.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

If the Amalekites existed before the Judeo Christian God created Abraham, then can we assume they are not thought to be created by Abraham's God or the scriptures would read God of Abraham... and the Amalekites. It also mentions Amalek may have been taller than normal, a part of their name means "tall."

Interesting catch with a number of implications (Im thinking the biblical pre-flood "Giants").

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The Amalekites are described as ingeniousness tribesman and yet they were in league at times with these other tribes who were descendants of the line of Abraham. It would lead one to speculate that there already were races of people here when Abraham came upon the scene. Who created those races? Or perhaps they were created by this same "God" and then discarded or fell out of favor? How can that be? What if they are a different race of being altogether and were actually the indigenous people of earth before any sons of Abraham.
Men of old, men of renown. Could they be those men? Could they be the Nephlim?

In the Pentateuch, the Amalekites are nomads who attacked the Hebrews at Rephidim (Exodus 17:8-10) in the desert of Sinai during their exodus from Egypt: "smiting the hindmost, all that were feeble behind," (Deuteronomy 25:18 HE). The Tanakh recognizes the Amalekites as indigenous tribesmen, "the first of the nations" (Numbers 24:20). In the southern lowlands too, perhaps the dry grazing lands that are now the Negev (Num. 12, 14), there were aboriginal Amalekites who were daunting adversaries of the Hebrews in the earliest times. "They dwelt in the land of the south...from Havilah until thou comest to Shur" (Numbers 13:29; 1 Samuel 15:7). At times said to be allied with the Moabites (Judg. 3:13) and the Midianites

en.wikipedia.org...

Some scholars say it was not a geographical area but a league of tribes.We are also told that Midian was a son of Abraham.

en.wikipedia.org...

According to Genesis 19:30-38, the ancestor of the Moabites was Lot by incest with his oldest daughter.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Some people find that insane. Others find genocide insane. Each to his own.

I'm sure that if you had an unbiased view you would find that those that commit genocide suffer from the same delusions and insanity as those with extreme, religious ideas. In fact, most of the time they go hand in hand.

So do we spot this insanity in time to stop it? Do we prevent the insane from sitting at the top of the pyramid or do we let them go ahead, and in turn, let them get their message to the many, many, ignorant people on Earth today? So that they may, in turn, spread these disgusting ideologies onto their children - effectively perpetuating these "self-fulfilling prophecies"(that create enemies out of people that don't exist yet, fyi) for hundreds, if not thousands of years?

Clear - Cut - Insanity.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

These also do not appear to be related to the Biblical geneology and apparently were indigenous people living in the region before the arrival of David.

The Dispossessed People: The Geshurites
www.biblicalzionist.com...

And even less is written about these inhabitants (I hesitate to call these "people" since we can only assume they were and do not know for certain how human they were)

The Girzites
topicalbible.org...

8 Now David and his men went up and raided the Geshurites and the Girzites and the Amalekites;

for they were the inhabitants of the land from ancient times,

as you come to Shur even as far as the land of Egypt. 9 David attacked the land and did not leave a man or a woman alive, and he took away the sheep, the cattle, the donkeys, the camels, and the clothing.
en.wikipedia.org...

David was particularly gruesome and merciless in these battles. I gather from these writings this was a commandment from God, to kill the women, children and even the animals. The reason - so they would never be mentioned as ever existing at all.

From man unto woman, from infant unto suckling, from ox unto sheep, so that the name of Amalek not be mentioned even with reference to an animal by saying "This animal belonged to Amalek"

"8 Now David and his men went up and made raids against

the Geshurites, the Girzites, and the Amalekites,

for these were the inhabitants of the land from of old,

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Interesting catch with a number of implications (Im thinking the biblical pre-flood "Giants").

Why not? Very possibly the Nephilim since they too are described as bullies.
www.nwcreation.net...

"Nephilim" is rendered fallen, or possibly feller: a tyrant or bully.
Several English translations rendered the word "giants", but of late translators seem to prefer leave it untranslated. The "giants" translation may have come from the Greek old testament where "nephilim" was "gegantes" which looks like "giant" but in modern Greek would be "titans".
In Greek mythos, the titans were the supernaturally powerful offspring of gods and humans.

Also quotes from the wiki page Amalek where I'm reminded of the reprimand in Jewish tradition, never use the name for God - Don't even spell it out. Here the same rule follows for the name of their arch enemy, Amalek.

Because the Lord promised to "blot out the name" of Amalek
(Exodus 17:14), it is customary when the book of Esther is read
at the Purim festival, for the audience to make noise
whenever "Haman" is mentioned, so that his name is not heard.

This is another disturbing bit I found on the wiki page

a member of the Israeli Knesset indicated in 2003 that Jewish children in Israel were being taught in religious schools that Palestinians were Amalek, and that therefore total genocide was a religious obligation

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks for the in-depth contribution. Very fascinating. In a strange sort of way this makes sense.

If there is any truth to karma, then over thousands of years a nation will at one point be the victim and at another the perpetrator and this cycle will continue until it is recognized and broken.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm sure that if you had an unbiased view you would find that those that commit genocide suffer from the same delusions and insanity as those with extreme, religious ideas. In fact, most of the time they go hand in hand.

My view is not as biased as you think. I am all for stopping genocide. But before that can happen, the origins of genocide must be pinpointed. Evil likes to evade pinpointing.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

But before that can happen, the origins of genocide must be pinpointed. Evil likes to evade pinpointing.

Indeed it likes to evade pinpointing.

But I've pinpointed a couple of these sources already. One of them being religious indoctrination. Just like you did.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

for they were the inhabitants of the land from ancient times,

I was thinking Atlantis. My private little theory goes that Atlantis destroyed humanity, prompting extraterrestrials to create Religions so narrow and strict that Atlantis would not happen again.

Sound crazy? I know.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanais

I would be more inclined to believe that the whole ideology of persecution, is manufactured by zionist jews.

Ive heard the theory that Jews created both soviet Russia and Nazi Germany. While a few Jews were involved (just like Irish, Italians, Germans, Russians, etc. were involved), I seriously doubt they would orchestrate their own enemy unless they were criminally insane. The conspiracy-theory that says they are criminally insane is probably itself the voice of the genocidal force.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here's a Video I found that shows ZIONISTS. Not sure what their agenda is from viewing this.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks for the in-depth contribution. Very fascinating. In a strange sort of way this makes sense.

If there is any truth to karma, then over thousands of years a nation will at one point be the victim and at another the perpetrator and this cycle will continue until it is recognized and broken.

It is a fascinating topic and regarding the ongoing battles in the cycle, here's a website that seems to agree. So much information here, really not finished reading it over myself but it may offer insights and perspective to these possibilities.
Anti-Amalekites vs. Haqqanites: Middle East Apocalypse Now Seems Inevitable

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, 59, and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, 52, are twins in spirit: Both men are convinced of the absolute validity of their beliefs, both are obsessed by what they see as their higher calling, and both are convinced that theirs is a Messianic mission — a mission to "honor" a religion or "save" a people.

No Jewish generation is permitted to forget the conflict with Amalek, because Amalek embodies the intrinsically evil and destructive. Fighting Amalek is the duty of every devout Jew, a "mitzvah aseh" or commandment of action. According to some interpretations of ancient scripture, this mitzvah is more far-reaching, namely a commandment to eliminate the original enemies of the Jews. Rabbis like Bibi Netanyahu's grandfather taught, and continue to teach today, that Jews are forced to combat the Amalekites, who are constantly, as Goldberg puts it, "reappearing in new forms"

edit on 7-6-2011 by newcovenant because: practicing links!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
I won't mention the obvious choice which is even now in it's death throes but just throw in "there is a power rising in the east."

That would be Iran which has chosen the Hamas-side.

In your OP you mention archetypes and possession and an entity (implied evil) that persists and displays itself again and again through thousands of years. The cauldron in which this is precipitated is a mix of drugs, psychosis and Godlessness or as the archetype: anti-God. Iran is not Godless. Israel is not Godless. From a New Testament perspective, mine, the Old Testament God is harsh and exacting and the God of Islam is strict and suffocating. It doesn't make any of us wrong and certainly doesn't make any of us villians.

The governments today mixing this cauldron and "mak[ing] a place for things and things will come," (Gremlins II) are the U.S. (waterboarding and pain drug hypnosis), Russia (the Siberian gulag) and China (the Manchurian candidate.) These techniques actively create a place for the archetype of the Amalek to manifest. That is to say, our tax dollars at work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join