It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is The Meaning of Seeing Repetitive Numbers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So, last night was the last straw, so to speak. I awoke from a sound sleep only to see my clock display 11:11. Now, that in and of itself is no big deal. However, the night before, I also awoke to the clock reading 11:11, and also two nights earlier. Still no big deal? But it gets a bit weirder; as I awoke last week on three different nights at 1:11, 12:12, and 3:33. Statistically, this is a fairly far reach for me to accept as coincidence. This is not the first episode I have had over the past few years. It seems to come in spurts and last for a week or two and then stops. Each and every time, the episodes are comprised of repetitive number combinations and a spat of recurring combinations, like this weeks 11:11.
I sleep with foam earplugs, since my wife uses a CPAP and when I do sleep, I sleep very soundly and oblivious to the world around me. I only rarely have lucid dreams and have no other strange occurrences…no voices, no headaches, nothing out of the ordinary…except I think I would have a better statistical chance of winning powerball. Any constructive thoughts??

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Maybe you should stop drinking water a few hours before bed!! Seriously though, these are usually signs of stress.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandbar

Its more like an 'alarm' or 'signal'

What happens when an alarm goes off?

I searched 11:11 when I realized that I was seeing them too. Quite informative

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

I have to ask.. how do you figure waking up to see the same numbers on a clock is stress?
Do you have any evidence to show seeing numbers in patterns is stress related ?
im open to the idea, i just cant see how it fits with the idea .

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Once YOUR MIND attaches significance to a set of numbers, it notices them, and "marks" them as significant. If someone else tracked your "number seeing" over the course of the day, (someone or something objective) it would become clear that you see tons more insignificant numbers than significant numbers. But because your brain makes a big deal out of numbers it has already decided are significant when it happens to see them, you assume that seeing them itself is significant, when its not.

Thats the scientific explanation simplified. But Im sure the magical explanations will be much more appealing.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandbar

Don't be alarmed, I have the same thing.
Started little over a year ago, and getting more frequent.
Doesn't really bother me, I do find it a little weird. Happens about 3 times a day.

I sure hope we aren't evolving to some superhuman and my awesome power is to watch time on certain moments

Thanks,
OnlyLove

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Perhaps the attachment of significance may be the reason...but I have to take into account that 1) I always look at the clock when I awake from a sound sleep; 2) None of this synchronicity happens during the day; and 3) It's really weirding me out. Also, not that much into believing in "mystical" reasons, but will keep an open mind to hedge my bets.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mattime

Thanks. If you come up with anything that sounds remotely reasonable, please post. Would like a more pragmatic answer than metaphysical.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Once YOUR MIND attaches significance to a set of numbers, it notices them, and "marks" them as significant. If someone else tracked your "number seeing" over the course of the day, (someone or something objective) it would become clear that you see tons more insignificant numbers than significant numbers. But because your brain makes a big deal out of numbers it has already decided are significant when it happens to see them, you assume that seeing them itself is significant, when its not.

Thats the scientific explanation simplified. But Im sure the magical explanations will be much more appealing.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

I don't fully agree with the scientific explination because like the OP said, when I have had these number experiences they last for a "period of time" then STOP...just recently for me they have started up again and I am seeing 9:11 significantly more than previously.

The scientific explination you provided cannot explain the inconsistency of the "phenomena".

I am NOT saying its MAGIC I am however saying that there is more to it than simply attaching significance to the numbers which I do feel is PART of it but not all of it. There is something else influencing the sporadic inconsistent nature of that number awareness, I just don't know what it could be.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

No liquids or solids after 8:00pm, and to bed by 10-10:30, unless Gretta is interesting. Normal blood pressure. No stress in life - economically comfortable, no medical problems, low stress life cycle. Ergo, I'll dismiss the stress component for now.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thanks for the input. I would dismiss this whole thing if I was seeing the numbers during the day...which I do not. I only experience this when I awake from a sound REM sleep. Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandbar
reply to post by Sly1one

Thanks for the input. I would dismiss this whole thing if I was seeing the numbers during the day...which I do not. I only experience this when I awake from a sound REM sleep. Hmmmm.

A lot of my 9:11 experiences are in the morning (on my weekends) when I wake up (as i get to sleep in).

I rarely have 11:11 experiences (but I do) as much as the 9:11 which happens quite often for me in spurts of like a week or so then nothing for sometimes months.

I do believe that attaching a significance to that number is an important part of the phenomena it maybe the first step into initiating the phenomena but I'm not sure about the sporadic nature of it.

My wife and I both experience this 9:11 phenomena which has effectivly doubled our ability to detect it because if she misses it I will catch it and show her and vise-versa...

So the more people you are around that also experience the phenomena and communicate it with you the more often you will have those number experiences...

I honestly don't know why it is though that it seems to come in spurts...for both me and my wife. We both start noticing the numbers on the clock and wherever else almost at the same time, it lasts for about a week or so and then dies off with no more occurances for sometimes months...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Interesting. BTW, this is the first time I have shared these experiences with anybody. Have not even talked about this with the wife. I've kept this to myself since it started several year ago. However, it could be a bio-clock phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Whoa - I've been seeing 9:11 on the digital clocks for the past few weeks as well. Just this morning, I took a look at my phone to check the time - 9:11. I sat there wondering, "Is this a signal to me that another catastrophe is forthcoming?" This is not because I saw it this morning, but because I have been seeing it repeatedly. Further, I see my birthday quite a bit when I look a the time. I have also seen 11:11 a lot.

These are random glances at the time. There's got to be more to this. I've even considered asking a "professional," whether it be a Psy.D or someone, let's say, more on the fringe.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandbar

The thought that first popped into my head when reading your post was the Fibonacci numbers. If you're unfamiliar with them, then check out one of my favorite short videos.

I would also recommend recording the sequences on a notepad on your nightstand as they happen. You might find it quite revealing...

S&F

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MensaDude

Can't open that here. Can you brief the video for now?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The video has no spoken parts, it's just a representation of how the Fibonacci numbers are found in nature. The link is:

Nature by Numbers

Try that link and see if it works for you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MensaDude

Good catch. I was thinking about Fibonacci number sequences as well. Taking notes is a good idea, but I think it might contaminate the sampling...much like a Heisenberg observation. Having been a math minor in college, I'm trying to figure out a way to model the observations and uncover a pattern or cause and effect. We'll see,

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In a recent synchronicity (a new acquaintance who explained his repetitively seeing 444) referred me to an interesting site. I therefore pass it along here to anyone who is interested or, rather, who is positioned at this time to resonate with it.

new topics

top topics

join