It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Obama admits chemtrails", and other misleading headlines.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The headline "Obama admits chemtrails" is from a 2009 story on the Drudge Report.

www.drudge.com...

John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

It's the headline that is the problem. The body of the story is perfectly reasonable. Geoengineering has all been openly discussed for decades. EVERY president, at least since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965, has had reports on the changing climate, and has heard mentions of geoengineering as a solution. Here's the 1965 PSAC report to President Johnson:

dge.stanford.edu...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ffaed101cef.jpg[/atsimg]

So as this is just the same old stuff that has been going around for nearly 50 years, and all public and open (that's not a secret report), then it seems VERY clear that "Obama admits chemtrails" is at best misleading, and at worst, a deliberate lie. A lie that inevitably gets repeated by people who only really read the headline, and eventually a lie that gets taken as gospel truth.

There are other headlines as well, along the lines of "XXX government admits spraying/chemtrails/geoengineering". But in every single case it's either something totally different (government "admits" spraying mosquitos, or cloud seeding for rain, or using chaff), or it's them "admitting" that scientists and politicians discuss geoengineering as something we might have to do in the future, and never as something we are doing now.

So what's the motivation behind these headlines? Are they simply sensationalism to get more readers? Or are they actually trying to alter public perception - to falsely give the impression that Obama has admitted to spraying chemtrails? Why would someone do that?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Very interesting,will check on more on this thread. Our President says a lot of things,I,don't know what is truth !

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite
reply to post by Uncinus

Very interesting,will check on more on this thread. Our President says a lot of things,I,don't know what is truth !

Thats the point, Obama never said any such thing

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
double post
edit on 6-6-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here's a fascinating paper by David Keith on the history of both weather modification, and climate geoengineering suggestions, dating all the way back to 1906, and in general all public discussions.

people.ucalgary.ca...

In the United States, the focus was on weather, with large-scale climate modi-
fication receiving distinctly less attention than it did in the USSR. Occasional
counter examples stand out as in a 1958 paper in Science, the head of meteorological
research at the United States weather bureau speculated about the use of nuclear
explosives to warm the arctic climate via the creation of infrared reflecting ice
clouds

And again - all the geoengineering discussions is just that - discussion. Nobody is even at the planning stage, let alone actually doing it.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The LBJ letter definitely leads to further proof that they're spraying pieces of aluminum etc. up in the air.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
where does it report Obama saying anything.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rinosaucer
The LBJ letter definitely leads to further proof that they're spraying pieces of aluminum etc. up in the air.

What? How does it?

People thinking this makes me wonder if the headlines are some kind of cognitive dissonance. Does the headline write actually think discussing something being done in the future is proof that it's been done in the past?

(and of course they ARE spraying "bits of aluminum in the air". It's called chaff, but it's not geoengineering.).

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rinosaucer

words words words spreading words words words reflecting particles words words words...lots of words.

Aha! Chemtrails!

Except that the LBJ letter talks about spreading stuff on the surface of the ocean.

edit on 6/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Uncinus:

I have not been on ATS very long. I have noticed that your past post on this issue have been "prove them" types. Please correct me if I am wrong in that.

This OP feels to me that you may be looking over the fence real hard and opening your eyes.

Where exactly are you trying to go with this?

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChungTsuU
Uncinus:

I have not been on ATS very long. I have noticed that your past post on this issue have been "prove them" types. Please correct me if I am wrong in that.

This OP feels to me that you may be looking over the fence real hard and opening your eyes.

Where exactly are you trying to go with this?

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

I'm of the "show me the evidence" type. Contrailscience.com is my site.

The OP is not really about evidence, it's about blatant misrepresentations like "Obama admits Chemtrails". I'm interested in WHY these misrepresentations happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Fair, thank you.

Do you want the Red Pill or the Blue Pill? You are an intelligent person.

If you look dig deep enough at the different areas of ATS, you will see the links emerging.

Chemtrails are just a small part. You need to have a truly holistic vision. Think on the levels of "systems", they have (illuminati).

Please look around and do not "believe everything that you think". As corny as it sounds, "the truth is out there".

A good start, Steve has a very academic approach in his work and does the appropriate annotating you seem to require, he is Pro Obama:
stevebeckow.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 6-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: spell/gramer

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
P.S.

My trust in the chemtrail issue comes from me watching for days as they have sprayed here in S. AZ. I have seen them cross the sky and spray. I have watched the "contrail" descend from high altitude not just one time. Day after day. This spring they sprayed non stop.

I know for a fact that there is a military presence at the Pinal Air Park. Former Spec Op. Army Ranger.

It is larger than you think!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

If you look dig deep enough at the different areas of ATS, you will see the links emerging.

Indeed - it seems that someone who misleads people in one conspiracy is highly likely to be doing so in some other conspiracy too!

Chemtrails are just a small part. You need to have a truly holistic vision. Think on the levels of "systems", they have (illuminati).

well since chemtrails haven' been whown to exist, and the illuminati hasn't been shown to exist (in any meaninful form), I'm going to go with a hollistic view that it's all nonsense - hows that?

A good start, Steve has a very academic approach in his work and does the appropriate annotating you seem to require, he is Pro Obama:
stevebeckow.com...

Pro or anti anyone isn't of any importance - what is of importance is the veracity of his information - given one of his opening lines on his latest blog is

I’m talking about the New Age expected to begin after a planetary transformation before or around Dec. 21, 2012.

..my hollistic overview includes this guy with hte rest of the conspiracy silliness.(and how come he hasn't updated it since Sept 2010?? nothing new since then??)

But at least he's just slightly loopy....he doesn't seem to be deliberately misquoting anyone or deceiving with anything more than some 2012 & similar nonsense.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I know for a fact that there is a military presence at the Pinal Air Park.

And so does everyone else, because it is not secret - en.wikipedia.org...:

The Western Army National Guard Aviation Training Site (WAATS) and other numerous National Guard units are located inside SAHP. The WAATS and is used principally for all ARNG AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter training by the 'Gunfighter University'. It is also extensively used by the British Army for 'Conversion To Role' training for Apache combat operations in Afghanistan.

Pinal Airpark also hosts the U.S. Special Operations Command's Parachute Training and Testing Facility.[2]

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
From Aloysius the Gaul; "...well since chemtrails haven' been whown to exist, and the illuminati hasn't been shown to exist (in any meaninful form), I'm going to go with a hollistic view that it's all nonsense - hows that? ..."

That is your choice, and it is clear your are looking to put me down.

I have done nothing to enforce my will or thought on any person here on ATS. I have simply offered another way of looking at things, and a means to explore, and gain gnosis!

I will continue to do so and not get into a "pissing match".

If at anytime have any questions about things in this vast area, please feel free to contact me! I will do the best I can to give you sources to make your own mind up.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

From Aloysius the Gaul; "...well since chemtrails haven' been whown to exist, and the illuminati hasn't been shown to exist (in any meaninful form), I'm going to go with a hollistic view that it's all nonsense - hows that? ..."

I don't know you from a block of salt - why would I want to put you down?

Your ideas are another thing entirely - you have this all encompasing theory that has no verifiable evidence for any of it, and you expect me to simply take your word - despite a plethora of posts by me asking for evidence and not assertion.

If at anytime have any questions about things in this vast area, please feel free to contact me! I will do the best I can to give you sources to make your own mind up.

I have seen lots of "sources" for "information" on chemtrails, illuminati, NWO, reptiloids, hollow earth, nibiru, etc - none of them come close to being credible IMO.

If you have something that is actually verifiable then please do post it - but if it is more assertion, unsubstantiated wishful thinking, circularly referenced stuff like the rest of it then please - save both of us the time and don't bother - because I WILL read it....and I WILL say what I think of it.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't know you from a block of salt - why would I want to put your down?

Your ideas are another ing entirely - you have this all encompasing theory that has no verifiable evidence for any of it, and you expect me to simply take your word - despite a plethora of posts by me asking for evidence and not assertion.

I have seen lots of "sources" for "information" on chemtrails, illuminati, NWO, reptiloids, hollow earth, nibiru, etc - none of them come close to being credible IMO.

If you have something that is actually verifiable then please do post it - but if it is more assertion, unsubstantiated wishful thinking, circularly referenced stuff like the rest of it then please - save both of us the time and don't bother - because I WILL read it....and I WILL say what I think of it.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Welcome to the illusion.

It is your tone, anger, and it is clear you want answers. To search for gnosis is a wonderful trait!

You are going to have to go deep and reconstruct everything you have been told, if you want those answers you are so desperately are looking for.

This is very noble of you! Keep searching, I just ask that you use a different tone with me from here on.

Thanks, enjoy this time it is "revealing".

This is Uncinus's thread and do not wish to detract from it any further. If you wish to continue this, contact me on a U2U.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

So, what accuracy do you think is contained in "Obama admits chemtrails"? Is it demonstrably true, or is the truth only discernible via a holistic understanding of all things?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
reply to post by ChungTsuU

So, what accuracy do you think is contained in "Obama admits chemtrails"? Is it demonstrably true, or is the truth only discernible via a holistic understanding of all things?

Thank you for responding such as you have.

Let me begin with I do not personally trust Obama at this time.

In fact as I see more (become a seer, become awake, what ever label you wish to attach), I feel it is part of the law of confusion. I have to refer to "1984" and "Double Speak". "Double Speak" is what our political leaders are NOW. Notice how "1984" is no longer part of most high school curriculum's any more...Sorry I digress.

I, like you are questioning, and this is a great thing to do. Better yet is doing so without EGO!

I feel at this particular time, that it is not demonstrable, because there is no transparency what so ever with our current government. Would you agree with this statement?

Without transparency I have to use gnosis and create a large web, trying to connect an overall view of a system.

I am of the belief that for every action there is a reaction, and not just in a polarity/duality (yes/no, black/white) situation, rather a massive systemic situation. This is why I go to a "holistic" examination.

Another way to state it is not just "if A then B". More like "if A then B X 10,0000". Does that make any sense to you?

I WISH I HAD AN ABSOLUTE ANSWER...I do not. So I am going to keep an open mind and keep searching, and searching, and then ask some more...

I am however very confident as to what I do know for what I have seen and experienced!

I will not make up your mind nor forcibly try to influence it, go back to what I first asked you in this thread. You are open, and that is wonderful.

Together all of us can figure it out, minus ego.

I appreciate your reply, lets keep digging.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

edit on 7-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join