It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arnie Gundersen: Dangers Fukushima Worse and Longer-lived Than We Think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is an amazing and informative interview with Arnie Gundersen. This situation is still much worse than most people realize...

Transcript Part 1

Transcript Part 2

There are lots of disturbing tidbits like this:

Arnie Gundersen: Well, I am in touch with some scientists now who have been monitoring the air on the West Coast and in Seattle for instance, in April, the average person in Seattle breathed in 10 hot particles a day.

Chris Martenson: What? I did not know that.

Arnie Gundersen: Well, the report takes some time to make its way into the literature. The average human being breathes about 10 meters a day of air, cubic meters of air. And the air out in the Seattle area are detecting, when they pull 10 cubic meters through them, this is in April now, so we are in the end of May so it is a better situation now. That air filter will have 10 hot particles on it. And that was before the Unit Four issue. Clearly we all can’t run south of the equator to our second homes in Rio or something like that. But it will stay north of the equator for anyone who has a Leer jet and can get out. But I guess what I am advising at that point is keep your windows closed. I would definitely wear some sort of a filter if I was outside. I certainly wouldn’t run and exercise until I was sure the plume had dissipated. This isn’t now. This is, as you were saying, this is worst case. If Unit Four were to topple, I would close my windows, turn the air conditioner on, replace the filters frequently, damp mop, put a HEPA filter in the house and try to avoid as much of the hot particles as possible. You are not going to walk out with a Geiger counter and be in a plume that is going to tell you the meter. The issue will be on the West Coast, hot particles. And the solution there is HEPA filters and avoiding them.

There is also potentially some medical issues Maggie and I have been working with a couple of doctors to look at ways to mitigate to help your body cleanse particles if you know you have been exposed to them. But that is a little bit premature to go into much more detail on that.

What!?!

I did not know that either...

What a freakin' mess...

For those of you who don't know Arnie Gundersen, you can read about him here.

Here is his website: Fairewinds.

edit on 6-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Great interview.

I think Arnie Gunderson is sort of a hero to me.

Obviously we can't trust the Japan Government not TEPCO to be forthcoming.

And while I have respect for Michio Kaku on some topics, I really don't trust him to know what he's talking about regarding nuclear plants, like I trust Arnie Gunderson.

I don't think there's much I can do in America except lobby for the EPA to start monitoring fish. I don't expect them to check every fish not every batch, but at least to do some random monitoring to see what is happening to fish radioactivity.

And what was that in the interview about Hillary Clinton making an agreement regarding Japan farm products???? I don't know any details about that, but I'm worried enough about contamination levels of produce from the west coast of the USA without importing even more highly contaminated food from Japan! All I found on that was this:
english.kyodonews.jp...
Which doesn't tell me much:

Japanese Foreign Minister Takeaki Matsumoto (L) and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton hold a joint press conference following their meeting in Washington on April 29, 2011. The two agreed to cooperate to prevent harmful rumors from spreading about Japan's farm produce due to the ongoing nuclear crisis in the country.
Well if they'd give us some valid facts, that would go a long way toward preventing rumors, but I don't think they want us to know the real facts.

Right now I suspect produce from southern Japan is probably OK but if the wind starts blowing that direction before they put the tents up, that could change.

Lastly, Gunderson said some people thought his cleanup cost estimates were on the high side, I thought they were on the low side, if they plan to do it right. If they plan to just dump a bunch of contaminated stuff in the ocean they might be able to save cost, wait... they've already been doing that with contaminated water.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, he is one of the few thorough and credible voices out there.

A great resource.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thank you Loam! What an awesome find. Thank you for sharing! I have been following Fairewinds, but this I feel had an even better in-depth discussion from Arnie. And it's informative to know there are a team of scientists on the west coast of the U.S. monitoring this. I just wish I could find a direct access to what they are testing, finding, etc. The hot particles in Seattle was frightening enough. It also left me scratching my head when Arnie said something about Geiger counters wouldn't pick it up, but the hot particles from the plume were everywhere in Seattle. How would you test for it then, for the common citizen. I guess I need to research that.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Arnie Gundersen is a foot (leg-end) and anyone who's viewed one or more of the fairewinds accociate videos should consider a donation to their organisation.

Even if you've not viewed their informative videos, consider donating mainly because it feels good to support a non-profit organisation that is simply trying to relay honest and truthful information in this current world of media and politician spin.

new topics

top topics

join