It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Saint Bono' the anti-poverty campaigner facing huge Glastonbury protest – for avoiding tax

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

great, good points.

but, how much better have you got after almost 40yrs in your job?

still at the top of your game?

you people kill me,

sorry that glastonbury is disappointed but put yourselves in their shoes.

they are not GM or microsoft, i would think they are not on the stock exchange.

private company, you cannot just steal their money and do what you want with it.

like i said, find out what bono gives personally.

they got their names in high school for fs!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I don't care what they call themselves, I think that was another poster who commented on that, but on saying that we all had nicknames at school, then we grew up.

I actually have increased my skills, knowledge and experience throughout my working life, going from student/trainee, up to consultant level...whatever that has got to do with anything.

I don't care what Bono spends his money on, and I think in that article he was crticised for this as well

The non-profit organisation set up by the U2 frontman received almost £9.6million in donations in 2008 but handed out only £118,000 to good causes (1.2 per cent).
from a previous poster on the thread Sonny1

Whatever we think about the taxation system, the Republic of Ireland's economy is in a state of collapse and a cash injection from the tax that U2 would pay could really help out.

And my position remains the same, someone who preaches to the masses about caring for the planet and ending poverty, but does the opposite himself is a hypocrite in my book and maybe he does give away a lot of his enormous wealth and may wish to do this anonymously (though I'd be surprised at that as he tends to shout from the rooftops about all his other good work) and he could end this controversy by simply making a statement about what he gives and showing the accounts, then people may be less likely to criticise him.

And no one wants to steal his money, just to pay taxes like the rest of us have to...and yes, I think we all agree that taxation is theft by the government, but if we don't pay then we're treated like criminals and thrown in jail..Bono on the other hand can just up sticks and move his business to the Netherlands and is still treated like a god...regardless of my personal opinion about their recent musical offerings, I'm not stopping or crticising anyone for buying their music or going to their concerts, that's their choice!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Did saint bono know about this?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Well if he didn't I'm sure the crack team of lawyers someone mentioned earlier would have been straight on it.

That was priceless though...Thanks for that!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join