It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Killer Rats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Giant rats are being blamed on killing 2 young babies and an elderly woman. horrifically gouging out eyes & eating of flesh.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3834e34586a.jpg[/atsimg]
gotta love how they use an old pic of an extinct species of rat to scare everyone.

Three-year-old Lunathi Dwadwa was killed as she slept in her parent's shack in a slum outside Cape Town this week.
Another baby girl died in a similar rat attack, on the same day, but this time in the Soweto township near Johannesburg.

Last month, 77-year-old grandmother Nomathemba Joyi died after giant rats chewed off the right side of her face.

the rats are thought to be African Giant Pouched Rats
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/832bb30c0f1e.jpg[/atsimg]

I feel bad for these people to think if they were sleeping off the ground this most likely could have been avoided.
one mother was out at a party, while her kid was at home alone when the child was killed by rats...

Source
edit on 6/5/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Those rats are bigger than my cats!
I really hope these rats don't make it
over here!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Did they share a recipe with that article?

That first one could have fed the whole family for a week!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by -W1LL

Those rats are bigger than my cats!
I really hope these rats don't make it
over here!

Too late, they have been in the United States for awhile now.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: Edit: Post wrongly removed.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Very disturbing. I lost a hutch full of baby rabbits and the parents were also attacked by large rats when I was a kid. The rats chewed through the stockade fence and ripped the wire right off the hutch! The thing is, though we were asleep, we heard the commotion (rabbits can squeal loud) from inside our brick and stucco house with windows closed, and ran out in time to chase off the rats and at least save the adult rabbits, as well as confirm that the rats did the attacks. So I can't imagine how it is possible that rats could attack a three year old child and the parents would not be alerted. Surely that poor child must have screamed and thrashed around a fair bit. A three year old is not an infant. My own would scream bloody murder and cause a commotion simply for getting shampoo in her eyes at bath time. Maybe the parents could not have prevented her death but I would think they would come into the room in time to catch the rats in the act and be certain instead of having to guess it was rats. Maybe it's not fair to judge by a western style of living but I can't help but think their story is fishy.

As for the elderly woman, that I can understand. Poor dear. And the infant. Goodness, teen mom or not, some people are too selfish and stupid at any age and in any culture to be parents. Her child was doomed from the start. Rats are intelligent, strong and vicious. But so are humans and if the rats hadn't gotten that baby, predators of another kind might have eventually, given that child was likely to be left unattended a lot in its sad life.

top topics

join