It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scientific Experiment to test existence of God.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
DAY 2
=====

These are a few of the crimes that happened today, Our hearts go out to the victims and their families:

Sheriff's deputy shot dead, wife goes into labor
today.msnbc.msn.com...

2 shot during drive-by shooting in east Charlotte
www.wbtv.com...

Two shot in Lexington
www.kentucky.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

As for praying, you keep coming up with the words "Will of God" Do you not question his will, not even in the slightest? God admits that he's jealous (of who?), to making mistakes, and to needing help. There are also numerous examples that he's not omnipresent, omnipotent. Right off the top of my head, "Cain, where is your brother?"
......I,don't question my Lord,I,know he only wants the best for me.He is my father,he created us.I,have faith and trust in his word. Jesus died on the cross for all of us.Gods will is that no one die,hurt,cry.....He only wants the best for us.He loves us so much. Remember FOR A TIME AND A SEASON,SATAN IS THE RULER OF EARTH.
They made a greement to see who will be evil or good.Because Satan wants to be God. He thinks everyone will come to him.So ,God said okay,he gave Satan free reign over earth.But if we ask for Gods help he is there for us.Yes,he is a jealous father.He created us and gave us everything.Then we went against him.WE disobeyed him.As for praying and his will.How do I,put this.He already had our life planned.But,he answers prayer,just maybe not the way we want.If we are a child of God it will always come out right.God loved us so much he gave his only son,to save us.He had already destroyed earth,by water.He doesn't want to lose any of us.Its a spiritual war between evil and good,because of what happen in the garden.In the end it will between good and evil.Evil will lose,by Gods word.
All good with Jesus and all bad with Satan.By Adam and eve eating that forbidden fruit,it changed everything.thats when freewill came about.God could of turned his back on us,but he didn't.He keeps giving us chances,but a time will come no more.Either its with him or with Satan.We have to make a choice,good or evil.When the time comes,God says enough time Satan,time is up. This makes Satan mad,so they go to war evil verses good. But Gods word wins,evil is destroyed.Then there will no more pain and suffering ever again! Then God and Jesus are full rulers over earth and us.It will be be back the way Eden was suppose to be.Because of the HOLY SPIRIT AND JESUS WE CAN PRAY TO GOD AND JESUS FOR HELP. I,Know this is a experiment on crimes and saving people.Much as I'd like to say by praying everyone would be saved,not hurt or died,I,can't.You see God never promised it would be easy after we are saved.But he does promise if we follow him to the end we will be saved and blessed and live with him forever.Because of Satan,we have fight in this spiritual war(between good and evil).
But Good will win,God says so.All of this was planned before we were born.Because Jesus stood up and said father,I will go in man kinds place for their sins.So,they can come back to you.Man kind keeps making mistakes and makes promises and don't keep them.But because he is a loving father he gave us another chance.But he won't force us,but he said we would have to make the choice,good or bad.He wants us to come to him, because we really want to.But we have to obey his rules and worship him only.We also must repent and leave our sins at the foot of the cross and be baptist.To show we represent God and that we are his children.
It seems God and Satan made a agreement to see who would follow who. Now,God is perfect! I,am just a human I,don't know what God thinks or what he is going to do. But I,DO HAVE FAITH AND TRUST IN HIS WORD AND LOVE FOR US ALL.Satan is the one causing all this pain and suffering here on earth,not GOD! When God and Jesus rule,it will be perfect again,no pain or suffering.Now,I,know he still answers prayers.I,don't know this is beyond my knowledge.He already knows everything,he is the alpha and the omega.As far I,believe he already knew you all was going to do this prayer and already had a answer. He was just waiting for us to ask.I,don't know Gods mind,but he knows ours.He knew us before we were born.He knows what ever we do or think.I,hope your prayers are answered.Somewhere in the bible it shows how to get prayers answered.Also we are told to say the LORDS PRAYER. MATTHEW 6:5-14..tells how to pray to get answers.

Chapter 7,of MATTHEW says about judging people. Even me have a lot of questions when I,see God. I,don't question my God,but I,do wonder why he chose the answers he gave.I,also can say truthfully,about 90% of my prayers are answered the way I,hoped them to be.Some I,am still waiting for a answer. He will answer them when he thinks they need to be,I,guess.He did say all questions will be answered at the end times.

In the beginning God wasn't jealous.Man kind changed that,we starting worshiping idols instead of him.Man kind still is doing this.He is jealous because he gave us all and we still disobeyed him.We chose idols,they can't do anything for us.Only God can.

I,will be back shortly,to add more.Have to leave.thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Am I the only one that noticed that:

* His null hypothesis is not a null hypothesis, at all, but actually the opposite hypothesis.

* There is a presumption of correctness on his premises determining God's motivations and intentions.

* There is a presumption that God would cooperate, by breaking His own rules for the OP experiment's sake.

The "experiment" is a no-go from the start!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

I would like you to show me verses of your God accepting human sacrifices in the Old testament.

I want to know why God accepts human sacrifices (if you find the verses) when in Deuteronomy 12:31 Moses says God hates human sacrifices. I will give you verses that show God hated human sacrifice. In another verse he says the concept of human sacrifice has not entered his mind.

Deuteronomy 12:31
You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods

Jeremiah 19v5
They have built the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as offerings to Baal—something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.

Psalm 106v35-37,39
but they mingled with the nations and adopted their customs...They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to false gods. They defiled themselves by what they did...

Of course we all know that it is alleged that God then sacrificed his own son after Moses and the prophets had labeled this act as practices of other Gods or a pagan practice.

Maybe the reason why the christian God hasn't prevented crimes is that he is not the same God as the God of Moses ( not that i believe he exists).

edit on 7-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: verse

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

human sacrifices,God doesn't accept................The gentiles and priests had him killed........not,God.....But the part of jesus giving his life for our sins.The Bible makes it quite clear that God hates human sacrifice. The pagan nations that surrounded the Israelites practiced human sacrifice as part of the worship of false gods. God declared that such “worship” was detestable to Him and that He hates it (Deuteronomy 12:31, 18:10). Furthermore, human sacrifice is associated in the Old Testament with evil practices such as sorcery and divination, which are also detestable to God (2 Kings 21:6). So, if God hates human sacrifice, why did He sacrifice Christ on the cross and how could that sacrifice be the payment for our sins? you ask..

There is no doubt that a sacrifice for sin was necessary if people are to have any hope of eternal life. God established the necessity of the shedding of blood to cover sin (Hebrews 9:22). In fact, God Himself performed the very first animal sacrifice to cover, temporarily, the sin of Adam and Eve. After He pronounced curses upon them, He killed an animal, shedding its blood, and made from it a covering for Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:21), thereby instituting the principle of animal sacrifice for sin. When He gave the Law to Moses, there were extensive instructions on how, when, and under what circumstances animal sacrifices were to be offered to Him. This was to continue until Christ came to offer the ultimate perfect sacrifice which made animal sacrifice no longer necessary. “But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins” (Hebrews 10:3-4).

There are several reasons why the sacrifice of Christ on the cross does not violate the prohibition against human sacrifice. First, Jesus wasn’t merely human. If He were, then His sacrifice would have also been a temporary one because one human life couldn’t possibly cover the sins of the multitudes who ever existed. Neither could one finite human life atone for sin against an infinite God. The only viable sacrifice must be an infinite one, which means only God Himself could atone for the sins of mankind. Only God Himself, an infinite Being, could pay the penalty owed to Himself. This is why God had to become a Man and dwell among men (John 1:14). No other sacrifice would suffice.

Second, God didn’t sacrifice Jesus. Rather, Jesus, as God incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No one forced Him. He laid down His life willingly, as He made clear speaking about His life: “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again” (John 10:18). God the Son sacrificed Himself to God the Father and thereby fulfilled all the requirements of the Law. Unlike the temporary sacrifices, Jesus’ once-for-all-time sacrifice was followed by His resurrection. He laid down His life and took it up again, thereby providing eternal life for all who would ever believe in Him and accept His sacrifice for their sins. He did this out of love for the Father and for all those the Father has given Him (John 6:37-40).

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

I,didn't go along with this test,because i,don't test my God.I,have faith and trust in my lord.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Prove to me,that God doesn't exist.....I,say he does! Also Jesus exist!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Jephthah. See Judges 11:1-12:7. Jephthah makes a deal that he will sacrifice whatever first comes out of his door to greet him when he returns home if God ensures victory in the coming battle. Jephthah wins the battle, comes home, and the first thing to come out of his house to greet him is his daughter rather than something like a goat or the family dog.

He sacrifices her.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

But through your deity all things are supposedly possible. A simple test should not be beyond the realm of things possible to your deity. Furthermore, you have faith...but what about those of us who don't? Would you not be participating in the damning of our souls by not doing this simple test so that we may gain faith? You may trust in your deity to do it, but we don't even believe your deity exists.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

Prove to me,that God doesn't exist.....I,say he does!

...that's not up to us. You're the one making the claim that a deity exists, I don't have to disprove that claim if you cannot provide any evidence for it. In fact, my only duty is to address the evidence you provide.

Also Jesus exist!

Jesus? Which one? Also, if a rabble-rousing rabbi existed in first century Palestine who happened to be named "Jesus"...well...would that prove the claims about that guy in the Bible? Nope.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

Originally posted by Leahn

* His null hypothesis is not a null hypothesis, at all, but actually the opposite hypothesis.

In what way is it the opposite of a null hypothesis?

* There is a presumption of correctness on his premises determining God's motivations and intentions.

Well, if it's the deity of the Christian Bible, that deity says that all things are possible through faith...

* There is a presumption that God would cooperate, by breaking His own rules for the OP experiment's sake.

Which rules would those be?

Your understanding of basic critical thinking is a no-go if you think there isn't a null hypothesis.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I will reply you response but first things first...quote for me verses in the old testament of God accepting human sacrifices. If you are not aware of any just say you are not aware of any verses where God accepted human sacrifices.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The gentiles and priests had him killed........not,God

The bible clearly states that God's purpose was to have Jesus killed, Isaiah even says it pleased God to kill Jesus. God's fingerprints were all over Jesus' death.

First, Jesus wasn’t merely human. If He were, then His sacrifice would have also been a temporary one because one human life couldn’t possibly cover the sins of the multitudes who ever existed... Neither could one finite human life atone for sin against an infinite God...The only viable sacrifice must be an infinite one...which means only God Himself could atone for the sins of mankind

According to scripture what you just wrote is a blasphemy. Jesus was 100% human and 0% anything else. That is why scripture says

1 John 4v2-3
By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist...

Hebrews 2v17
For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people

I do not know of any verse that says that God sacrificed himself. Is that an interpretation? A derived meaning?
you just contradicted scripture...that is why I told you earlier to stop writing your bible interpretations.

edit on 7-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: derived meanings

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn

This whole project is a rhetorical device, proposed with a [wink, wink] predetermined outcome, so that the "experimenter" can then say, "See, the experiment failed, therefore God does not exist." Big surprise. Bad science.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Jephthah. See Judges 11:1-12:7. Jephthah makes a deal that he will sacrifice whatever first comes out of his door to greet him when he returns home if God ensures victory in the coming battle. Jephthah wins the battle, comes home, and the first thing to come out of his house to greet him is his daughter rather than something like a goat or the family dog.

He sacrifices her.

You neglected to mention that God was not privy to that "deal." It was all in the mind of Jephthah, who did admit that he had made his oath foolishly.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Let me put on my loud, booming "read the Bible" voice.

*Ahem*

Judges 11:32
So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.

If Yahweh was not privy to the deal, why is he given credit for delivering the Ammonites into the hands of Jephthah?
edit on 8/6/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

He sacrifices her.

You neglected to mention that God was not privy to that "deal." It was all in the mind of Jephthah, who did admit that he had made his oath foolishly.

I'm not a bible-verse citing expert, far from it. But I'm quite at home on the general subject of ideology.

So riddle me this: Who made a 'deal', including all mankind, on the exclusive doctrine of redemption. And on what authority was this 'deal' made.

I never signed that contract, but I'm daily told, that I am part of it. I don't even believe in the basic situation, which is an embellished fairytale to me, around this deal. If I protest publicly, I'm told, that I'm persecuting somebody's 'right' to constantly trying to convert me.
edit on 8-6-2011 by bogomil because: additional clarification

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

That's your subjective choice, as is your self-contained, self-proving circle-argumentation and your way of presenting it.

Many of us outside this rather small 'bubble' of yours, operate from much bigger and better validated 'bubbles', e.g. science/logic/objectivity, from where we DO ask and test ('bigger' does not include fantasies etc in this context).

But don't fear, very few here (if any) are suggesting to oppress christianity, no matter what 'answers' eventually are found. Non-theists usually only request, that christians take their egalitarian place together with everybody else, independent of faith.
edit on 7-6-2011 by bogomil because: addition and precision

I don't care to buy into your psycho-babble, or your "my bubble is bigger than your bubble" mentality. The science you seem to worship has unspoken assumptions you may never articulate in your own lifetime. I note, BTW, that it is science, for all its self-congratulatory aggrandizement, that has led us all to the brink of annihilation. Ironic, yes?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Lazarus Short

Let me put on my loud, booming "read the Bible" voice.

*Ahem*

Judges 11:32
So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.

If Yahweh was not privy to the deal, why is he given credit for delivering the Ammonites into the hands of Jephthah?
edit on 8/6/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

OK, point for you, but you do see, don't you, what Jephthah got for putting the Lord to the test??

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

I'm not a bible-verse citing expert, far from it. But I'm quite at home on the general subject of ideology.

So riddle me this: Who made a 'deal', including all mankind, on the exclusive doctrine of redemption. And on what authority was this 'deal' made.

I never signed that contract, but I'm daily told, that I am part of it. I don't even believe in the basic situation, which is an embellished fairytale to me, around this deal. If I protest publicly, I'm told, that I'm persecuting somebody's 'right' to constantly trying to convert me.
edit on 8-6-2011 by bogomil because: additional clarification

On His own authority, God created the Plan of Salvation. By this means, He purposed to save/redeem/reconcile the the entire Creation (note carefully here: not just "lost sinners") back into a right relationship with Himself. As the One who created it all, He was the One to do it. You were not required to sign any contract, but even so, you are a party to it as a created being. Your lack of commitment, your lack of belief, your protest have no bearing on this. I don't even care if you convert or not, the Plan of Salvation will overtake you, and there is nothing you can do about it. It's really quite funny.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join