It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Describe God, What is Your Concept of Him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

This also describes to the "T" how I view our Maker.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Oooh, ok. So you don't believe in Hercules because it has been shown that ancient religions were based on metaphors and allegories.

But your religion, which is also very ancient, is 100% totally and completely true and literal.

I see. A brainwashed mass of individuals.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by chr0naut

This also describes to the "T" how I view our Maker.
2nd line

Dear MamaJ,

Thank you for joining us. You posted something I bumped into and really wanted to discuss things with you; but, I didn't have the time to dedicate to it then. Peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial

Oooh, ok. So you don't believe in Hercules because it has been shown that ancient religions were based on metaphors and allegories.

But your religion, which is also very ancient, is 100% totally and completely true and literal.

I see. A brainwashed mass of individuals.

Once again completely off topic and a violation the OP.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Nice side step. Keep your eyes shut.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Nice side step. Keep your eyes shut.

Fraid not sunshine, you remain off topic, why they believe I may address at a later point. And refuse to see the love in their hearts because there is none in yours. How do you live with yourself coming here, reading someone saying that they love even though you hate them and then spit in their eye? How do you do that?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Spit in their eye? Or try to help force their eye open?
How do believe in such far fetched tales as mohammed and david? How do you do it?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

These words speak to true to me also...and explained very well I might add! ;-)
2nd line

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Spit in their eye? Or try to help force their eye open?
How do believe in such far fetched tales as mohammed and david? How do you do it?

Do you not understand, they can all see you, you have exposed the hate in your heart. You have shown your true identity, of course they will not listen to you. You cannot hide what you are on this thread. Bye bye.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
God is infinity of possibility. We collapse this wave of possibility to create our reality from the choices we bring from infinity. God does the same. The difference is this: We have the capacity to make choices outside of the supreme good of wisdom and truth. God does not make a choice which is outside the wisdom and truth which leads to the supreme good.

For there to be choice, there must be degree. Alteration to degree can either lead to good or evil. One cannot exist without the other. We are here in the material world, in a created universe of material reality, to learn to collapse the wave of probability toward truth and wisdom. This is a school of sorts. The best way I can describe this is to suggest that you watch the movie with Kirk Douglas called Illusion (Netflix Freeplay).

I agree with your statement that we cannot prove God. However, I will add that God can, and will, prove Himself to us when we seek this end. There is a way to make this happen. It's simple:

Fast for a week or two. That's it. Simple.

I'm not talking about food here, although food may be part of this for you. When I say to fast, I am saying that you should take a break from anything that is unrighteous. Spend two weeks fasting from the material world and spend every moment humbly asking God to show Himself to you. One warning. You will have trials. Each trial is a test of your sincerity. As you prove yourself from each test, God provides a glimmer of wisdom.

You might ask, "Why doesn't he just shine the light for all men to see clearly?" There is a reasonable answer here. Too much light withers the plant. Extreme light can shrivel a plant until it dies. Just the right amount of light causes the spirit within to grow properly. It all depends on the soil and the amount of water. When you practice unrighteousness, it's like poison in the roots. Calm the waters by fasting. Two weeks of sacrifice and you have proof of God.

At the end of the two weeks, you will have a vastly different life than you do today. In the wake of your fasting, the ripples from this forward and upward motion will carry you into the next months of your life. This is proof of God working in your life. If you spend enough time seeking this type of wisdom and truth, God will draw you back if you fall along the road. It only takes the first steps forward.

The Holy Spirit will show you wisdom if you only open yourself up to the power that is within. Righteousness is the prime factor to allow this to happen. Desire for wisdom will lead to love of God. It doesn't matter who you are or what your circumstance. God will provide the path if you take the first step.

edit on 5-6-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Nice sidestep. Keep your eyes shut.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Oh really? Does this subject you are speaking of in relation to this topic? This is my favorite subject of all and I am really glad you posted it!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
God is infinity of possibility. We collapse this wave of possibility to create our reality from the choices we bring from infinity. God does the same. The difference is this: We have the capacity to make choices outside of the supreme good of wisdom and truth. God does not make a choice which is outside the wisdom and truth which leads to the supreme good.

For there to be choice, there must be degree. Alteration to degree can either lead to good or evil. One cannot exist without the other. We are here in the material world, in a created universe of material reality, to learn to collapse the wave of probability toward truth and wisdom. This is a school of sorts. The best way I can describe this is to suggest that you watch the movie with Kirk Douglas called Illusion (Netflix Freeplay).

I agree with your statement that we cannot prove God. However, I will add that God can, and will, prove Himself to us when we seek this end. There is a way to make this happen. It's simple:

Fast for a week or two. That's it. Simple.

I'm not talking about food here, although food may be part of this for you. When I say to fast, I am saying that you should take a break from anything that is unrighteous. Spend two weeks fasting from the material world and spend every moment humbly asking God to show Himself to you. One warning. You will have trials. Each trial is a test of your sincerity. As you prove yourself from each test, God provides a glimmer of wisdom.

You might ask, "Why doesn't he just shine the light for all men to see clearly?" There is a reasonable answer here. Too much light withers the plant. Extreme light can shrivel a plant until it dies. Just the right amount of light causes the spirit within to grow properly. It all depends on the soil and the amount of water. When you practice unrighteousness, it's like poison in the roots. Calm the waters by fasting. Two weeks of sacrifice and you have proof of God.

At the end of the two weeks, you will have a vastly different life than you do today. In the wake of your fasting, the ripples from this forward and upward motion will carry you into the next months of your life. This is proof of God working in your life. If you spend enough time seeking this type of wisdom and truth, God will draw you back if you fall along the road. It only takes the first steps forward.

The Holy Spirit will show you wisdom if you only open yourself up to the power that is within. Righteousness is the prime factor to allow this to happen. Desire for wisdom will lead to love of God. It doesn't matter who you are or what your circumstance. God will provide the path if you take the first step.

edit on 5-6-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Dear SuperiorEd,

I love your description of how you see him. So very nice to have you here. Please enjoy others as they describe how they see him. It is already becoming very lovely. We will respect each others belief and see how much love there is in each of ours.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Oh really? Does this subject you are speaking of in relation to this topic? This is my favorite subject of all and I am really glad you posted it!

Dear MamaJ,

I am pretty sure it was in the faith section.I deeply regret that I do not remember the thread. I wanted to read it; but, was preparing so that we could have this thread and it was a lot of work. I upset some people; but, they chose to create a problem and misdirect. I wanted to see us limit this topic so that we can see the beauty in the hearts of believers. It is what we should have in common and is in all religions, though not all adherents to any religion adhere to it. Love should be very close or at the center of our faith.
edit on 5-6-2011 by AQuestion because: add a statement

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I can vouch for that. I took a step back from everything for a good while, kept seeking, kept asking, kept seeing. At one point it was so much that I felt almost overwhelmed. In fact, I felt DEAD! But after a day of sticking to it (biting the blade), things began to lighten up so wonderfully and I felt more alive than I ever have. I view everything with much clearer eyes than I used to.

It really was a journey, and It's still far from over.

reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you kindly.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I can vouch for that. I took a step back from everything for a good while, kept seeking, kept asking, kept seeing. At one point it was so much that I felt almost overwhelmed. In fact, I felt DEAD! But after a day of sticking to it (biting the blade), things began to lighten up so wonderfully and I felt more alive than I ever have. I view everything with much clearer eyes than I used to.

It really was a journey, and It's still far from over.

reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you kindly.

Dear AdamsMurmer,

Isn't it beautiful to hear other peoples stories without all the hatred and bitterness, doesn't it just touch your heart?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Nice sidestep. Keep your eyes shut.

LOL, you truly are too amusing. They love you because they believe and you want to change their minds. That is both sick and perverted. What is wrong with love? You will say, "What is right about ignorance" and I will tell you that all are ignorant of something, you are ignorant about love because there is none in your heart at present. You have let hatred rule you emotions and words rather than accepting the love that others would have liked to have shared with you. Still you believe that all knowledge begins and ends with you. I will use you as an example after those who do love are here. I will come back to what you have already posted to... well, lets just wait and see.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would describe god as the only things I know.

So lets start.

1. The people I know, the people I see on TV, on the internet, hear on the radio or in music.

2. The things that I think. All thoughts good bad or ugly that pass through my brain are my interpretation of god.

3. The natural and unnatural, all that exists that I have the ability to take in and register and probably all the things I can't

4. So in summation he/she/it/god is anything and everything. 'god' always allows duality in all things, good and evil, piety and blasphemy, aggression and submission. ALL things, 'god' allows 'satan' or 'the devil' to exist and in my opinion is there has to be balance in all things, you cannot truly know something without becoming aquainted with it's opposite.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The way I see and feel God is as the brightest light, the strongest force, the fastest wind, the purest sence of the word. The strongest love and emotions uncomprehensible to humans. Non-judgmental love. Pure love. He is always there if you seek him, and yet, even if you dont. You just have to open your heart and mind to see him. Accept what he has always wanted us to have. Peace and love. Understanding and acceptance of others.
Ok, so that's the start of how I view God.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slawth
I would describe god as the only things I know.

So lets start.

1. The people I know, the people I see on TV, on the internet, hear on the radio or in music.

2. The things that I think. All thoughts good bad or ugly that pass through my brain are my interpretation of god.

3. The natural and unnatural, all that exists that I have the ability to take in and register and probably all the things I can't

4. So in summation he/she/it/god is anything and everything. 'god' always allows duality in all things, good and evil, piety and blasphemy, aggression and submission. ALL things, 'god' allows 'satan' or 'the devil' to exist and in my opinion is there has to be balance in all things, you cannot truly know something without becoming aquainted with it's opposite.

Dear Slawth,

How lovely and personal your description is. How nice for us to read it and consider it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join